World Boss Complaints

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KuraiKiller, Nov 21, 2012.

1. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

What I find most frustrating about the world bosses is how they get to the last day and they are opened up for 30 stamina attacks.

The last Circus Freak that was up, I was diligent and got to over 55 attacks on it before the last day, then BAM, it opens up for 30 stamina attacks and I am suddenly receiving half the payout because I could not play for the first 8 hours. Such a bloody waste of my time.

It is clear that the Circus Freak needs his Hit Points lowered. Has any of the World Bosses even gotten to the highest attack bonus from X amount of slayers attacking it?

Granted, the Beiber and Mounty bosses die fairly easily and well before the time limit, but the Carnival was 30 minutes away from getting to 30 stamina attacks last time, and the Circus Freak almost always seems to get there. My bonus just gets eaten away by the people who are awake at 3am EST.

Balancing the World Bosses would be nice. Oh, and more World Bosses. It's been FAR too long with just the four of them active. It can't be that hard to come up with a few more to add to the mix, can it?

2. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

IMHO, I like how it's set up. There are people who play, who do not get the opportunity to even come close to 55 hits per boss. I usually end up in the 40's or so, but some don't get half that. Why then, would you not give them the ability to inflict some damage, in rapid sequence to get a bonus for themselves?

I understand that this statement doesn't benefit you in any way, but pretty sure if they cut out the 30/15 min free for all they'd be hearing it from the people who actually enjoy that portion of it as well. Either way you go, Kano is at a lose/lose on EVERYTHING they do because someone will be upset at how they no longer get the things that benefit them like they did. The bosses have time limits....it's known, posted, and on a constant timer.... if the boss isn't getting killed in time, then there has to be a control for that and open it up like for the taking. Sorry if you don't get another xxx thousand bonus points for using 5 stam..... You are fond of all the benefits it gives you, but you complain about the restrictions that govern it as they somehow restrict your own vast rewards?? Then save your stamina, wake up at 3 am and get in on the fun. If you can't do that, knowing that it's what you're going to have to do to get your hits in, based on what the known, posted rules that govern world bosses, then why limit the other players who can, or do?

3. KuraiKiller, I understand your frustation too, I got 61 attacks (the last attack was 15 stamina), from 81 possibles! and I cant attack in the dawn of the last day because I need to sleep. Really, is not fair

4. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Blasphamy, I do agree with you. For sure, they can't please everyone, it would simply be too hard. I do manage to get some 30 Stamina attacks in, but usually after my reward base has gone way down.

I think I am complaining about it more because it is clear that it is only going to get worse. The Circus Freak wasn't even close to being dead by the last day, I still think it needs to be lowered in HP (the MySpace ones have reduced Hit Points to reflect the reduced player base). It's just going to get worse, unfortunately.

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As dorky as this is, I just wanted to say that I appreciate this discussion! You have opposing opinions about something, and we able to argue reasonably and respectfully. Well done! This is an excellent community interaction, and I think it's awesome. Keep it up!

6. LOL what about writing there something connected to the topic of this thread? :D

7. I think the compromise would be if there would be some mechanism which could count the attacks differently. If you have 50 attacks before boss opens up for 30 stamina attacks, you ll get your reward from the % of the damage you did from the total damage done to this point. If you attack him after opening up for 30 stamina, you will get the % of damage you did from the REST of the damage. If someone attacks the boss in both before and after the opening, he will get the reward from the first plus the reward from the second.
    I am not sure if I am making myself clear enough, sorry for my english. So I ll put there an example.
    There was 1,000,000 damage done to the boss when it opened up for 30 stamina attacks. You did 100,000 to this point - you get reward for that, like you did 10% of the total damage. The boss was 500,000 health left when opened up for more attacks - if someone attacks him and do some damage, he again will get the reward for the % of damage done. People who attacked it in both before and after 30 stamina attacks, will simply get the A + B reward.
    What do you think about that?

8. hischick1707

hischick1707 New Member

So I have been playing Zombie Slayer for 107 days and while I enjoy killing Justin Beiber very much, seeing the same old 4 zombies is getting a little boring. I am an officer for the faction Terrapaine Station and a lot of the members and I have been talking and we were just wondering if its possible to get 4 new world bosses?

9. @ Cass: Hey, is a good idea!
    @ hischick: I agree with you, ZS has 27 locations, and only the first 4 has bosses. I understand that not at all the players are in the high levels, but maybe if grows the WB up to Russia we will have ten and add fun to the game

10. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Well, I also have been playing for only a few short months and quite honestly don't pay any more attention to the world bosses any more than I do the 2 bosses per stage. They are simply another form to draw exp off of when available.

@ Benjamin - I think by adding more bosses you only increase the base level of competition among the ranks, as everyone would be leveling at a higher rate. Would be fun, sure, but instead of being competitive at the 1000ish level, you would become competitive at level 1500 and so on.... the guys at 3000 would be bigger, stronger and the way the game uses stats/weapons/squad to determine strength in events such as Arena, it would dynamically benefit those guys.

@ Cass - Talk about getting complex huh?? lol It's a good idea....but allow me to tweak it ever so slightly..... Why not just continue the rewards base throughout the 30 stam hits? Now, not at the same rate as the 4 hour hits, but just maintain your current bonus and have it grow the more 30 stam hits you get? I will use my rough bonus rewards as an example (as best as i can recall them):

World Boss opens up - 1st hit i get 300 exp bonus
    World Boss stays open - 48th hit I get 8,000 exp bonus

***continued bonus, plus greater health damage bonus at end****

World Boss goes Critical - 49th hit (30 stam 1st hit): I get 8,250 exp bonus
    World Boss goes Critical - 50th hit (30 stam 2nd hit): I get 8,500 exp bonus
    World Boss goes Critical - 51th hit (30 stam 3rd hit): I get 8,750 exp bonus
    etc
    etc

So, this way it not only rewards you for staying loyal to the World Boss hits every 4 hours, it rewards me for every hit that I manage to get in the 'critical' portion as well.

Since the critical portion takes so much stamina to accomplish anyways, I would have had to sacrifice some aspect of the game to gather the stamina to make the hits anyways....right? Refrain from fights, hitlist, ambush, boobytraps, etc... which may have cost me a death or three in the process, so I could make up for it by getting the exp bonus I have worked at doing the WB hits, and it would dedicate more people to the world boss to prevent it from going unkilled at the same time.

So, that could be nice. And even if the full 8,000 exp is a bit too steep for 30/15 min hits, maybe dropping it down 50% of your earned bonus for the 'critical' stage would be nice. I know I, for one, would be more than willing to gain 4k exp for 30 stam hits, no matter what time of day it was.

11. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

WB: Not all of us are Anti-Kano. lol... The world is going to complain, especially the players who think they can maintain or develop a game better than it is currently being ran. Funny how those people aren't making their own, "perfectly ran" games that nobody could ever find a flaw in, but instead find it easier to just sit in the forum and complain about the game they choose to spend their time on. I enjoy ZS and find it quite enjoyable....sure, it has it's flaws and things that I might like to see changed, but I represent all of 1 person in a game of thousands. The forum is a great place to post the ideas, such as World Boss Complaints (to keep it connected to the topic) that we can discuss these ideas on. Most of us understand that it is only a suggestion that may or may not be implemented and will not curse you up and down if I don't get my way. We can play within the limits of the game and understand it's limits, rather than complain endlessly that you are doing a crap job. I'd like to see something else on the WB area done. Not by tomorrow, but at some point. That's as far as you'll hear me take it. Enjoy your day, as I will enjoy hearing the responses to this. lol...

12. yeah, even better idea! now lets hear what KANO says about it and if it will be implemented in some form.. Maybe you should post it to the ideas section as well, I ll give it a 10 for sure

13. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I'll send it that way and see if somone give me a reply. Nice to have a good idea every now and again.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

good luck with your idea :)