[VC] November 24th Update - New Clan interface

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

An update was released to Viking Clan today changing how inventory is bought and sold via the Clan. This is partially in response to players being confused as to how the purchase or sale of items affects the strength of your Chieftains while in battle. I will highlight a couple of the major features of the new inventory system.

Sorting
    Sort your inventory on either Attack or Defense in ascending or descending order.
    [​IMG]

Filtering
    Filter your inventory based on Items you Own and also on Inventory Types (limiteds, gifts etc...)
    [​IMG]

Chieftains Strength
    When you hover over either the Buy or Sell/Remove buttons you will see how this transaction will affect your Chieftains.
    [​IMG]
    In the example above 'Attack Use' and 'Defense Use' show how many of this item are currently in use by my Chieftains (1 of 1). The 'Before' shows your current Chieftain strength whereas the 'After' shows your max Chieftain strength after the purchase/removal of items.

Original System
    Do you fear change or need some time to adjust to the new system? If so you are in luck cause the ability to use the legacy inventory system still exists by clicking 'ORIGINAL SYSTEM' from the Clan submenu. This will allow access your inventory the way it was before this change.

We appreciate your feedback so please leave any questions or comments regarding this change in this thread.

2. Maler

Maler Member

it's just like on PC. So i guess i know about it. it will take time to get used to it but it's a nice change,

3. Purk

Purk New Member

What does item in yellow highlight means? I prefer if you can add 'in use' below 'owned'.

4. gods people

gods people Active Member

An all items active tab within the filter would be much easier to understand. 1 click and you have got all items being used. I cannot see why this is a problem to initiate.........................

5. ghostorchids

ghostorchids New Member

I like the new interface, but does anyone know if the "Warrior Tips" and Weapon Tips" is available? This was very useful under the old system to ascertain if you were over or under the amount of warriors and weapons for your clan size. Cheers for any information!

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I guess this change was only a question of time. I don't think it's needed, if people can't use a calculator or get a friend to check their loadout, then they should try harder. Counting to 20.000 is not Black Magic.

It's however handy for those that don't want to count. And to gods people, try using the inventory, it's pretty self-explanatory. Select defense high to low sorting and hover over the items till you find the ones not used for defense in total.

7. Maler

Maler Member

that's too hard for some :))

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The yellow highlighted column shows how your purchase or sale of an item will affect your Chieftains battle strength. In the example above the yellow column shows what my Chieftains strength would be if I purchased 5x Dragon Head Hammer's.

9. Elise

Elise New Member

I'm one of those that doesn't want to get out a calculator and add all clan/inventory that I own. I miss not having the # available at a glance. Other than that I love the change.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its ok i guess...like anything else it will take a little getting used to...i like the fact we can still use the "original system".

Personally....in addition to this update I would like to see a search feature, My inventory is so large that even when broken down into the current sub categories it can still be quite daunting to find something quickly....where as if I could simply type in the name or a partial name (much like the new clan search feature) of an item and bring it up immediately would be great.

What I dont like is the "remove" button for limited items....I think thats just asking for trouble.....who in there right mind would ever remove any of those? We all know if accidents can happen...THEY WILL HAPPEN!

Another thing i think would be cool is if we could just click on an item (weapon, warrior ...whether reward or drop) a box would appear with its numbers....so we dont have to go searching through our inventory.

11. Maler

Maler Member

polish you can always use the Search function of the browser. works perfectly on Firefox and Chrome.
    The remove button for limited is quite annoying indeed, i actually pressed it once by mistake :(

12. polishpimp

Huh? how would my browsers search engine bring me somewhere in game? A little more detail on how that works would be appreciated.

13. Maler

Maler Member

quite easy actually. when you're in the Inventory/Clan page, press Ctrl+F and the Search function will appear. Text whatever you want to find and voila, it will take you there.:)

14. polishpimp

SWEEEEET!....U R A ROCKSTAR MY FRIEND....TY!....couldnt get it to work in the new system but worked like a charm in the "original sytem"

15. hes no novice thats for sure

16. Maler

Maler Member

glad to be of help.
    hihi. thanks