[LCN] Update to how Ranking is Determined in the Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I know that you have accounts in all of the games, Polish. I myself am a DAILY player in 3 of them. It sounds as if Vikings is your main, and you don't play the others on a regular basis. That was my point. Would that be accurate?

When was the last time you got a win in Pirates, or even a top 10 ranking? If it was months ago, I have a feeling you may not be able to do so now. The player base is much different in LCN than it is in Vikings and Pirates (and probably Zombies), which I would imagine that you know as well.

I answered your other comments about XP, inactive players in general, and what causes formerly active players to become inactive now in another thread.

Linda and I seem to be on the same page. But I do agree with you on one thing, Polish. As long as players blindly sign up to get 3000 XP and nothing else, nothing will change more than likely. It will probably take the LACK of ASFs to beat up on to generate any more substantial feedback. But it seems this is exactly what is intended, so there should be NO complaints about actives only being able to beat up on actives in the battle lotteries... if that ever happens.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Historically I have spent much more time on VC but thats not necessarily the case these days. My play on all the games has been very limited and sporadic for quite some time. I rarely play PC anymore because I dont agree with changes Kano made that adversely affected my account there. Ive no doubt that if I put any real effort into it I could easily rank in the top 10 in PC and possibly even win. But I dont have any inclination to do so at this time.

No doubt about the diff environment in LCN ands ZS, especially ZS....its a whole diff ball game in that arena. I actually like playing in the ZS arena but It does seem a bit unfair to me that that they have to use so many more stamina refills due to the fact that stam is not a focus in the regular game so most dont have a large amount. I would imagine the highly active players in ZS spend way more in refills than they can ever recoup by ranking well. Its just a thought off the top of my head but i thought it might be cool if kano used ZS players energy numbers rather than their stamina numbers when it came to the arena....it might ease the expense of it all considering most players there have lots of energy.

It wouldnt bother me at all if the arena was only active players even if that meant far less entries, althoughI dont see that happening anytime soon . To me its quite simple....increase the rewards significantly all the way down to the rank of 100th and increase the active requirements. We all know that most accounts dont stand a a realistic chance of ever winning and the current rewards are lack luster....I think understand the lack of motivation when it comes to participating....why would someone wanna spend a boatload of stamina and time on a crappy return? In ZS and LCN I can get good rankings despite my low level and crappy numbers but it takes a LOT of patience and time. Im an active player but I spend more time in defensive stance. I literally have to man my accounts nonstop even when im in defensive stance to ensure im there to take advantage of an opportunity. In the end I spend nearly as much time as those who win yet I get far fewer levels and and the end rewards stink. Why would anyone want to do all that for such a meager return unless they are like me and just simply like the challenge of it all? Its not unrealistic in the slightest for a savy lower level player to place well in the arena while being active...I think if most lower to mid level players knew they could rank outside the top 10 and still get substantial rewards for all their hard work we would see a substantial increase in active player participation over time

3. .I think its also important to note the handicap which hurts the high attack players and actually helps high defense accounts in that they can beat players they normally wouldnt. Now thats a penalty. Your right....players can build how they want.....but they shouldnt get an unearned edge for doing so.[/QUOTE]

uhm just exactly how is it unearned if through hours of leveling, hitting bosses, helping other players, literally years of playing this game I allocated enough points to defense that I can last to the end, who cares how many times I attack? I seriously think this version of the arena is biased an unfair and as such I will no longer be joining any arenas. thanks kano for ruining what was once a fun, strategic, entertaining aspect of this game. " wahhhhh Kano, I played the whole time and Justin was at work and I tried my best but his Viking still beat mine in the arena and he didn't even play, wahhhh that's so unfair. I mean I had the option to build just like everyone else but I made my Viking a weak wet noodle cabbage patch kid instead of a warrior, would you please change the rules so Vikings that build super beasts who are so dominant they earn rewards without even being at their computer don't get that opportunity to earn rewards anymore to accomodate everyone who builds weakling little Vikings with no defense

4. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

It's called "Battle Arena" not "See if you can take me out arena".

You're supposed to fight - not hide in your shell.