[VC] UN items

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Oct 28, 2012.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Why is there not an "are you sure?" button after attempting to buy a UN item? This morning I accidentally bought a shitty weapon that I don't want or need. I went to click on something else, misclicked, and boom 22 UN gone like that. Right before arena too when i was gonna use that UN. I tried contacting support but it's been a good amount of time and not even a reply? Yes I know Kano must get numerous emails daily but with the battle arena problems in the past you'd think they would be on top of it today but I guess not.
    tl;dr Make a safety for UN purchases, or have a limited sell back time. Something maybe within the first 5 minutes of purchase?

2. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Btw, this was meant to be ZS not VC but I misclicked again ironically -.-

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

That policy is stupid.

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

If you accidentaly bought something and want your un back send a message into support and tell them it was a accidental click. It does happen from time to time but as survival said a conformation button has been suggested once by myself also great rating yet not approved.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I went on and on about getting a confirmation button for ever, but so what Jon said write to support and I am sure they will help you, just state the fact , do not tell them it is stupid, they will help you better if you are polite and friendly :)

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i agree we need a confirm button all on purchases due to errors or jumping screens
    on my iphone i nearly brought extra keys for the calenda because the screen jumped
    please bring in the confirm your order button

7. Agreed. The confirmation button has been suggested time and time again. I've bought at least two items I didn't really want due to lag, but in each case, the item was good enough to keep, so I didn't write in to support. I would imagine there are many players who have done the same. It's a fantastic way to get UN out of the game.

I doubt any player would find a confirmation button unwelcome, despite what Kano would have you believe.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

A admin no one really liked said a confirm is pointless

10 stars on a confirm.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  9. alka

alka Banned

Electronic signatures
    The Electronic Signature Regulations apply to any contract and not just those entered into with consumers. In order for there to be a binding contract the following essential elements of a contract must be present:
    an unconditional offer;
    an unconditional acceptance of that offer;
    consideration passing from both parties other than in Scotland where consideration is not a requirement; and
    an intention to create legal relations, i.e. the parties must intend to enter into a legally binding contract.
    There must also be certainty as to the terms, parties and subject matter of the contract. For the majority of contracts there is no legal requirement for a signature.
    Whenever a person buys or sells something he or she is entering into a contract, no matter how small the purchase. In the newsagents, when a person buys a newspaper he or she contracts with the newsagent for the purchase. The newsagent makes an 'Invitation to Treat' by placing the publication on sale. The person offers to purchase it from the newsagent, proffering money, and the offer is accepted (concluding the contract) by taking the money. This is still a contract, although not a word needs to be said, and nothing is written down. However, the essentials of a contract have been formed: an offer (to buy, or sell), an acceptance of that offer, and (everywhere except Scotland) consideration (whether money being paid, or some other form of consideration) for the sale. The various stages of the contractual process will be discussed in more detail later, as it is important to distinguish between who is making the offer and who is accepting it.
    Signatures are not actually necessary for the conclusion of every contract (your visit to the paper shop could become a chore), but they can have three essential functions when we consider on-line contracts:
    To identify the person who has bought the product;
    To indicate a personal involvement, or trustworthiness; and
    To indicate an intention to be bound to the contract.
    The principal, and simple effect of the Electronic Signature Regulations is to make electronic signatures legally valid. Most of the discussion, and further interpretation of electronic signatures actually comes from a report published in December 2001 by the Law Commission entitled "Electronic Commerce: Formal requirements in Commercial Transactions", and in subsequent guidance from the DTI.
    Depending on exactly what is being sold the method of collecting the electronic signature will vary. In most cases, the function required of the electronic signature is the third one listed above – indicating that the purchaser is making an offer to contract. However, for more complex products being sold on-line, for instance financial services products, the role of the signature may become more important for one or both of the first two reasons.
    Depending on the value and/or importance of the transaction the parties may want a greater degree of certainty as to reliability of the signature. This may involve the use of public key infrastructure, for example.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you buy an item by mistake , please contact kano with the Info with the support link and Kano will help you out ,:)

11. Sounds like an extra button click to me, Linda. Kind of like those annoying pop-ups I get on the home page. I don't need a reminder for example, that I can send a gift to someone.

12. lol, I don't need to guess who that was.

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

10 stars from me.

I have raised this card before too, and included it in my support mail when i was getting a refund.

"you can hide the offers"- Thanks Mel, I was actually the one that suggested the hide offers button, so I do know about it, and sometimes use it but I do aso like to keep an eye on the sale bin for good snags like "ride of the dead" for 25 un.

It makes no sense to me that i have to confirm that i want to sell Upkeep items in my inventory, but i can have my UN held up for up to 3 days on a single click of the LARGEST SHINEY RED BUTTON on the screen.

okay, maybe its a little smaller than the hitlist button, but you get the point.

Whats even more upsetting to me is I am SURE that not having that confirm cost button clogs up support mail unlike anything else, I could think of other things mel could be doing than removing items and replacing UN half the day long.

14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

The point of this was that we shouldn't have to contact support to fix something that could be prevented in the first place.