[PC] Trouble with Names Reappearing After Being Removed For Non-Activity

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Localsiding, May 15, 2012.

1. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Jon,

I am not aware of what happened a couple weeks ago so I am not directly referring to that. I do not know anything about pooling captains if that was going on that caused the notice I got from Kano on my Home page that day. My idea came from seeing that notice and then having the issue of the captains’ real name showing as captains to add that plays Pirate Clan even though I had just recently removed them.

I do not go to rockn’ very often so I had no idea they were taking about pooling captains.
    If I understand you correctly, all I can say is that if Kano changed something and then rescinded it they should fix the issue; it is the principal of what they did.

P.S. being nasty like you were in your first response is not necessary. Again, I was posting an issue and like you say this is an open forum. All is said in the beginning is that the first responses had nothing to do with the issue I posted.
    I want to thank everyone and especially Linda for being patient and taking the time to understand.
    This is another reason I hate writing e-mails to support or talking about issues in a forum is because the bigger majority of people do not read or understand the original e-mail or post.

Trust me when I say you do not have to post negative or mean comments to express your thoughts no matter what the arena is.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

One was not being nasty if you took it for what it was then that your choice not mine. I gave you an answer if you choose to not like what i have said then its also your choice. But Kano is not going to change something that has not been done by them and there is no issue. What your asking for is simply to help your own self from having to remove players out and taking the time to do it. This is why it has received such a poor rating and it will keep continuing to receive a poor rating. I gave you your answer as to why that appeared on your screen at the time it was reverted back nothing was affected from that change at all. All i can say is learn to add people to game lists and remove players yourself who have quit playing the game. No game App i have ever played has ever done what your asking nor will they it's a waste of time when there are more important features that need to be fixed and addressed in the game.

3. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Again, you just proved what I said, you did not read what I wrote, it has nothing to do with Face Book and I already said I have removed these players from being in my clan. I am not being mean; I am just stating a fact. If you read what I wrote and maybe you will get it. What I am saying is the tab "Invite friends Playing Pirate Clan." has their Real Names even though they have been removed from my clan. If you do not understand that then I do not know what to tell you.

I sure do not see how this is hurting anyone who plays, and can only help especially if you are getting rid of "Dead Wood" in your clan.

The only person after I spoke with her, Linda, seemed to grasp that I was just saying, that the replies I was getting had nothing to do with the issue I posted.

By the way, as a Moderator you should know and understand what someone posts before commenting so your comments are relevant.
    This is just my opinion in an open Forum.

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

No i see what your saying. Your saying that you have removed players who are inactive in the game and then they go straight to your captain's tab as still showing with there name inside the game itself. Were if you were just to remove the actual facebook or myspace account it would no longer show in the captain's tab nor would they actually show up in your game feed either doing this also. And again this is not for kano to do. Once you remove a player as a captain in the game they will still show in your feed or your captain's tab until you as a player remove them from facebook or myspace whichever it is or they block the game themselves removing there ownself. That is the only way those names will be removed from the tab permantely. You fail to see the connection that everyone has told you in the post. Again me being a moderator has nothing to do with this i am entitled to my opinion and you should get the facts straight yourself before you post comments on how things work in the game. Especially since you have been told now by 4 to 5 separate players on this thread how to do it to remove them permantly. So with that being said i am done arguing with you. You fail to see the concept of this issue and how to resolve it just by removing those players from your game because they might actually play another game with you.

5. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Ok, this is the first time you worded it that you do understand, but you still missed part of what I wrote. The majority of these people that have stopped playing Pirate Clan still play other games I am in, so if you remove them from “Face Book Friends” you are no longer connected to play the other games, and there is not one game that Face Book hosts that does not required dependency on other players. So no, I do not fail to see the connection as you put it, as that is the issue if you get it. I believe that Face Book has nothing to do with the person’s Real name showing in the tab “Friends Who Play Pirate Clan.”

That is fine as there was never the intent to argue, but if you are a Moderator as it says that brings responsibility and part of that is reading and knowing what some one is saying. In addition, whether or not you want to believe it, I do know how this part of the game works or I would not have brought it up. In addition, those 4 or 5 other players if you read what their response, it in no way would even come close to resolving this issue.

It is obvious it is a Kano issue or they would not have posted the message to get rid of clan and then retract their mistake.

It is because of responses like this when a simple issue is posted that I stay away from “Game Forums” as it is almost worse than dealing with “Customer Service” agents that do not read what is written.

I am done too.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

to be honest, I do not see the importance of your issue, and I really feel Jon did his best to try to help you, we as moderators are players first and we volunteered to help out here in the forum, we actually did that before we were termed " moderators" it is a thankless , no paying job more than 1/2 the time lol but we submit our selves to some ridicule and anger at times from players, we do not have any control over what Kano does or does not do, just like kano has no control over what FB does or does not do, all we as moderators do is try to help , maybe sometimes to figure out what a player is asking, I still wonder why you need this "issue " resolved , does it impact your game in a negative way?? I am sure we all have people who do not play but ya never know they could come back at any time to play , but that being said, I wish you success in finding an answer to your question :) may I suggest ,just go and play and have fun :)

7. OK,

First of all Hello Localsiding, before I give you a response to your idea, I'd like to move on from what Linda said above me:

We as Moderators of this forum are here to help YOU, we might not necessarily get it right the first time, so we might need a push in the right direction to help you with your question/query/idea etc. We are only human (just like yourself) and we can make mistakes, but if we do make a mistake we try our best to rectify the situation. Now for me personally I am on the forums more than I actually play the games these days, so the respect thing works both ways, we'd be more than happy to help you out, but if we get something wrong or misunderstand something then treat us with the respect we give you, and we will go a long away, we want this forum to be a positive place, and we want to help users of the games as much as possible. :)

Now moving on to your idea, there is a simple solution to removing players from the 'Invite' list and that is by removing them off your friends list on Facebook, there are already tips laid out in this thread to allow you to successfully complete this without any problems, however if you do want to do this and face a problem then give us a shout.

Moreover, it is actually Facebook that deals with requests and not Kano/Apps, the apps are an intermediary for Facebook to connect to the app and allow your friends to Join you in your game, so Kano does not have any control over the removal of names from the 'Invite' list you see in your game, this Facebook developers article explains how requests work:

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/464/

I think this clears everything up, and if you need any more help/support then feel free to ask :)

Regards,
    Dylan

8. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Thank you Linda for your thoughts as I do respect your opinions. I think everyone should keep in mind that what one person finds important to him or her in life either means nothing or is not as important to others. Everyone has their idea of what is “Important.” Therefore, if you and Jon volunteered for this job paid or not, you also have the option if you feel it is thankless to quit.

I was a facility manger and got paid good money, but the issues I had to handle with personnel was very difficult. Even with my training when a decision was made, the odds of pleasing a person or persons were not good. Most of them had a beef to begin with and defusing and resolving issues could be very easy or not, but it was part of my job.

I came into this forum with an issue, I was not upset, mean or angry with anyone, and it was everyone else that started with the negativity, all over what?

The others in this Forum talk about more “important” things that need to be fixed yet with my issue on the table it was pile on the negativity and no mention of what these so called important items that need to be fixed are. I may feel they are important and then again, I may not, thus open Forum. I use the word “open” loosely.

I play the game daily as I find it to be one of the most trouble free games. Sure, there are other items than what I brought up that I have noticed that if changed would actually help make things easier, but how important are they?

Trust me I play and have fun and always have and I am assuming you, Jon and all the others get your enjoyment out of the games you play. However, it is obvious that not everything is perfect for you guys either or you would not be here.

The idea of a Forum is “help,” not to jump all over someone because they brought something to the table and then be honest and say that people’s solutions have nothing to do with the original issue. It did not mean that I did not appreciate them trying to help.

You are right that some people that have quit playing may come back, but the odds of that after two to three years are highly unlikely. They tried the game and do not like what the game is, or they had other reasons so they left.

This whole issue would not have come up if Kano had not put out the message that a lot of us got and I took it just for what it said. Thus stumbling into the issue of names that should just disappear in my opinion because if they ever do want to come back and play the game they would just put in a clan request and their name would show again, so simple and so clean.

I believe if you want to be treated nice as a person you have to treat people the way you want to be treated and I sure would not have come back the way everyone treated me.

I wish everyone the best and I have learned a lesson about this “Open Forum,” so I will not be back as being open and honest does not always work.

Everyone should remember to be kind to one another and things would be a lot better.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

should you need help with a problem, ( like a glitch, or something missing, or some other problem,you can write to support which is different from the forum, and yes we all have our own opinions, and many times we differ on them, but that is what discussions are about, I have addressed issue's and have put forth Ideas that no one liked nor was implemented, but ces't la vie :)

http://www.kanoapps.com/support

10. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Dylan

Thank you for your opinion. I never disrespected anyone therefore, by you saying that you are disrespecting me. Please show me a quote from anything I wrote that is disrespectful and I will apologize.

I will go to the link and read it, but why do all the other people I had to recruit for other games not show in that list, as they do not play Pirate Clan? If what you say is true, they should all be in that list if Face Book is controlling it and they are not. So yes, I am confused.

11. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Just so everyone is clear on this since so much has been discussed, I started with Kano Support as I never considered this a "Forum Discussion" and Kano is the one that sent me here just like Kano is the one that put out the original message.

If anyone in this thread feels I disrespected them, which I do not believe I did, I do apologize and I wish everyone well.

"so the respect thing works both ways, we'd be more than happy to help you out, but if we get something wrong or misunderstand something ""then treat us with the respect we give you,""

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  12. I didn't specifically say that you disrespected anyone. I'm not getting into a war of words with you, however I will now say that by your tone and the way you are speaking to fellow Moderators it appeared to me and them as if you were being disrespectful or at the very least rude. If we make a mistake it's fine to point it out it's not fine to keep going on about it as if it's something it's not. I believe that is the end of the discussion on the matter, it's all I am going to say anyway.

As for your question, Facebook has it's own code in which it uses app data to determine which users play what game, thus giving it the ability to determine which users have the App installed and which do not, hence why some show up in 'Invite those who play' and a general 'Invite' tab. I will say again as far as I can see, Kano/Apps has no control over this as all requests are generated through Facebook.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Kind Regards,
    Dylan.

13. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Hi Localsiding, the, actual, simple answer to the problem is to send them all captain requests again. As there will be a pending captain request (which should never be accepted) they will not be shown on your friends to invite list and you will never see them listed again. This solves the problem of removing them without having to disturb your Facebook relation with them.

Since KANO/APPS no longer asks you to remove captains this shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  14. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

Zoonie,

Thank you for the idea. Since Kano has gone back to not limiting how much clan you can have that will take care of the problem even if they decide to rejoin my clan.

Thank you very much for the idea.

15. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

No problem Localsiding. As you probably guessed, I had this same problem myself for a while until I had a eureka moment :)