[PC] This week in KANO/APPS dev.. TGIF Tiger Lager edition.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Thoughts on Battle Arena from Kendall
    This week we launched an idea that we have had kicking around the office for a while spurred on by requests from players, internal project name is "Battle Arena - Survivor", we are currently collecting feedback from the community and you can read more, rate and provide feedback here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6853-Battle-Arena-Survivor

We wanted to respond to requests from players by bringing in a feature that opened up battle rivals in the later part of the game, that took into account players stats but also introduced enough variability of effectiveness that would allow a lower level player to take down a higher level, which is a drastic change from the current battle mechanics. In the current battle mechanics, a lower level will typically never engage a higher level because they have 0% chance of winning, with the suggested mechanics in the battle arena players will have the opportunity to beat any given player depending on their effectiveness in the battle versus their opponents.

Some feedback we have received so far and our response:
    • This sounds like a high level bully arena. This is not true and do not expect it to be the case as lower levels will likely work together to take the higher levels out first, this is after all called survivor and to be the last man standing you may have to form some alliances. If it was meant to be a high level bully arena then we would have left the existing battle mechanic in place where a higher level that is stronger will 100% of the time win, and not only win but clean house, with the effectiveness variability from fight to fight this will not be the case
    • Resistance to change comments: another unneeded change, don't fix whats not broken, etc. As players continue to play the game evolves in ways we did not anticipate when launching years ago, new locations are added, new content added etc. As players continue to level and play into new levels of the game rivals will increase / reduce, with the existing battle mechanics it is not well suited to have a high level player battle a lower level player, that is what this addition aims to improve, is allowing a lower level player the ability to take down a higher level player and to give lower level players some incentive to go after a higher level player. Also this is completely optional, so if you are happy with your current rivals and/or never wanted to take down a high level player then this may not be for you.
    We are open to all feedback, if you like it let us know. If you don't like it, please let us know and try your best to explain with specific points on the issues that you see and/or what you don't like about it. At KANO/APPS one of our core values is to "Listen to each other, to our community" so help us out and let us know what you think of this new idea. :)

Battle Drop UI improvements.

Mobile version changes.
    • Mobile Email campaign, Welcome Message to all Active Users
    • Mobile Gift Sending
    • Mobile Activity Feed => View profile
    • Mobile modal hide bug fix
    • Mobile Gift accept style bug fix

(Ideas) Crafting - Sort your inventory by "Gifts". Autofill will explicitly show you what will gain/lose in the transaction.(Ideas) Rum Boost now communicates how long till you can accept your next boost.
    (Forum) Rule Sell Bug Fix - Cache was not timing out and resetting

(Forum)(Bug Fix) Level up new location was wrong when levelling via Captain Boss

Boss Share Rewards - Facebook ref string was too long

Davy Jones Redesign - Limited and Sale pages show 3 items per row, no more scrollbars

After visiting the lottery and clicking elsewhere within Davy Jones it now properly resizes.

Rivals Fixes
    • Rivals sort fix
    • Rivals link ordering, swapped button order as originally system
    • Rivals now show who was the first attacker and when

Fixed issue with posting to Facebook achievement system

Online tag added under profile pic on faction page

Fixed invite bug where in-game invite wasn't going out when there was a received one pending from the same user

Loyalty Items Updated
    Loyalty Items have had their stats increased! You can expect the stats to keep increasing on loyalty items as we release newer and better offer items. Gold and Platinum items are worse than current offer items but better than any items from in game drops (with the exception of calendar drops). Diamond items are around the same level in attack + defence strength of the current offer items. Alexandrite Items are about 10% better than any current offer items in terms of attack + defence strength.

Loyalty items show next tier of locked items.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. kingarthur1972

kingarthur1972 New Member

why doesn't Pirate Clan have war armadas????????????

3. kingarthur1972

kingarthur1972 New Member

Pirate wars

WHy dont we have pirate war armadas???????????

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

This issue has been a constant one with a lot of older pirates who did not want it to come into the game so it has stalled out numerous times. Some of us want it some do not. Hopefully with the battle arena idea this might help the pirate clan game if it gets passed. Please see the idea sections and comment on that.

5. Green Beard

Green Beard New Member

sounds interesting..

BUT... it does sound like some group that formed in pirates rule the caribean.. they were lower levels that bullied higher levels some deserved it others did not.. if it is a option of lowers attking highers that arrrrr pickin on them fine but if it is indescrimate who they attk I do not like it... I only hit lowers afew times for daily pnts.. or if they hit me first with a CM or ones i tap once! for dailys..then they get all bent outta shape and go silly attk on me..but then i still wait to see if they only hit a few times..but if they are constantly attk to the point of annoying when i only hit them once or twice i will open up and then they are like why are you bullying me..lol.. or the ones that attk and sink me who are lower levels. then when i come back on them once to say hi i saw you..they get all wthell ..umm you started it!

6. mikey178

mikey178 New Member

i gooing to like this a lot:)

7. mikey178

mikey178 New Member

Green Beard that is true that lower levels do that it just fun for them they think there all bad and try to be all bad lol but not all of them

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no not all but enough of them do

9. mikey178

mikey178 New Member

i love pirate clan

10. mikey178

mikey178 New Member

yea that true Linda

11. smartuko

smartuko New Member

Another needed fix is for the armada enemy connections. The armada you want to be your enemy should not have to accept the connection in order to become an official enemy. There is a major problem in the game in that there are very few armadas that are actually enemies of each other.