[VC] This week in KANO/APPS dev.. TGIF Tiger Lager edition.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Thoughts on Battle Arena from Kendall
    This week we launched an idea that we have had kicking around the office for a while spurred on by requests from players, internal project name is "Battle Arena - Survivor", we are currently collecting feedback from the community and you can read more, rate and provide feedback here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6853-Battle-Arena-Survivor

We wanted to respond to requests from players by bringing in a feature that opened up battle rivals in the later part of the game, that took into account players stats but also introduced enough variability of effectiveness that would allow a lower level player to take down a higher level, which is a drastic change from the current battle mechanics. In the current battle mechanics, a lower level will typically never engage a higher level because they have 0% chance of winning, with the suggested mechanics in the battle arena players will have the opportunity to beat any given player depending on their effectiveness in the battle versus their opponents.

Some feedback we have received so far and our response:
    • This sounds like a high level bully arena. This is not true and do not expect it to be the case as lower levels will likely work together to take the higher levels out first, this is after all called survivor and to be the last man standing you may have to form some alliances. If it was meant to be a high level bully arena then we would have left the existing battle mechanic in place where a higher level that is stronger will 100% of the time win, and not only win but clean house, with the effectiveness variability from fight to fight this will not be the case
    • Resistance to change comments: another unneeded change, don't fix whats not broken, etc. As players continue to play the game evolves in ways we did not anticipate when launching years ago, new locations are added, new content added etc. As players continue to level and play into new levels of the game rivals will increase / reduce, with the existing battle mechanics it is not well suited to have a high level player battle a lower level player, that is what this addition aims to improve, is allowing a lower level player the ability to take down a higher level player and to give lower level players some incentive to go after a higher level player. Also this is completely optional, so if you are happy with your current rivals and/or never wanted to take down a high level player then this may not be for you.
    We are open to all feedback, if you like it let us know. If you don't like it, please let us know and try your best to explain with specific points on the issues that you see and/or what you don't like about it. At KANO/APPS one of our core values is to "Listen to each other, to our community" so help us out and let us know what you think of this new idea. :)

Battle Drop UI improvements.

Mobile version changes.
    • Mobile Email campaign, Welcome Message to all Active Users
    • Mobile Gift Sending
    • Mobile Activity Feed => View profile
    • Mobile modal hide bug fix
    • Mobile Gift accept style bug fix

(Ideas) Crafting - Sort your inventory by "Gifts". Autofill will explicitly show you what will gain/lose in the transaction.(Ideas) Berserker Boost now communicates how long till you can accept your next boost.
    (Forum) Empire Sell Bug Fix - Cache was not timing out and resetting
    (Forum)(Bug Fix) Level up new location was wrong when levelling via Chieftain Boss

Asgard GT Boss

Boss Share Rewards - Facebook ref string was too long

Gods Redesign - Limited and Sale pages show 3 items per row, no more scrollbars

After visiting the lottery and clicking elsewhere within the Gods it now properly resizes.

Rivals Fixes
    • Rivals sort fix
    • Rivals link ordering, swapped button order as originally system
    • Rivals now show who was the first attacker and when

Fixed issue with posting to Facebook achievement system

Online tag added under profile pic on faction page

Fixed invite bug where in-game invite wasn't going out when there was a received one pending from the same user

Loyalty Items Updated
    Loyalty Items have had their stats increased! You can expect the stats to keep increasing on loyalty items as we release newer and better offer items. Gold and Platinum items are worse than current offer items but better than any items from in game drops (with the exception of calendar drops). Diamond items are around the same level in attack + defence strength of the current offer items. Alexandrite Items are about 10% better than any current offer items in terms of attack + defence strength.

Loyalty items show next tier of locked items.

VC Loyalty Items were updated awhile back when we added 30 favor point limited quantity items so no update was needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. kayjay

kayjay Guest

yes the loyalty items were upgraded a while ago deltan the other changes have been good thanks for the update

3. Nice update. I was attacked by someone earlier this morning who claimed I attacked him first. When I got off work, I checked this thread then my rival's list. He attacked me first like I thought.

Much appreciated.

4. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Seems like it will be a fairer challenge.. let's just hope the highers don't form their own alliances to take out the rest!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

all of this sounds cool, i like how youre keeping the game interesting...one totally off topic question that im begging for an answer to and ive asked it more than once...when are you going to make the drops from the vamp and ice dragon craftable??? im building up thoudands of useless drops and hopefully i havent wasted thousands of stamina expecting something that has happened for EVERY other boss. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply

6. Shebear

Shebear New Member

Would this take away from having put time and money into this game? Where would the incentive be if a new player had the same power as a player in a higher level?

7. What would be necessary to defeat a higher level than you? Should be based on speed like a bounty, skills, or weapons? Thanks.

8. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

FAQ:
    How do you join a Battle Arena?
    Players will join the Battle Arena by paying a cost based on their income. A Battle Arena will launch at a specific time for example once every two days. Players must be over a certain level to join in the Battle Arena (level 1000+ for VC / PC, 750+ for LCN, 500+ for ZS)
    Who can I attack in the Battle Arena?
    Players will be able to fight anyone who has joined the Battle Arena.
    Players will be given a randomly generated list of players in their Battle Arena. Players can scroll through this list to look at opponents and decide who to attack.
    How does the battle mechanic work in the Battle Arena?
    Battle mechanics will be different from the standard game. When attacking, players will roll between 1 and their max attack this will be then compared to an opponent’s roll of between 1 and their max defence. The difference between the roll (if the attack roll is higher than the defence) or minimum damage (% of player’s total attack) will then be applied to the player’s Battle Arena health. Both players, the attacker and defender, will have an attack and defence roll and they will both lose Battle Arena Health when someone performs an attack. Each player will have a unique Battle Arena health. It cannot be replenished with coin and it is independent of the player’s regular health.
    A player’s max attack is the sum of all of their attack points. We will take into consideration all of your equipped items(which will have a modifier to make them more powerful), all of your equipment brought to battle (Weapons, Warriors, Gear etc.) as well as your total personal attack strength and your total attack boost %. There will be no Critical Hit Bonus Attack.
    A player’s max defence is the same as the attack except we look at the defence strength of everything.
    A player’s Battle Arena health will be a modified version of their standard health. It will be much greater then a players standard health.
    Every time a player is attacked they will receive a feed update the same as regular battles.
    What are my rewards for attacking opponents in the Battle Arena?
    Players will receive XP for attacking opponents. You will get a base amount of XP for your level. Each player will have a minimum and maximum amount of XP they can receive from a battle. The more damage you inflicted in comparison to how much damage the opponent inflicted on you will determine how much XP you get. This means the bigger you hit and the less you take the more XP you get.
    Players will also get battle drops. This system will work roughly the same in regular battles.
    What happens when I run out of Battle Arena health?
    When a player’s Battle Arena health is depleted that player will be removed from the Battle Arena and be told which place they came and be given any rewards earned.
    What happens if I kill an opponent?
    When you kill an opponent your Battle Arena health increases. The health increase is determined by the level of the opponent you killed: the higher their level the more health you gain. You will also be rewarded with bonus XP.
    You also score a kill, which is a stat we track and give achievements for.
    How do I Win the Battle Arena?
    To win the Battle Arena you need to be the last person alive. Or you must have the highest amount of health when the Battle Arena timer runs out. The Battle Arena only lasts a certain amount of time.
    What are the Battle Arena rewards?
    Players who last the longest in the Battle Arena will receive an XP and cash reward. The cash reward will be based on the amount of cash collected from joining the Battle Arena and the place you come in. The XP will be based on your level and the place you come in. Only the top 20% will receive these rewards.

For Shebear and Sorryimtoogood

9. Maler

Maler Member

BIG Thumbs Up for the elimination of the link, once you have already helped.
    Now all that remains is to do the same in the case of full helpers.