The Official Faction Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Jim Wells, it's been mentioned by the developers that this is a Beta run, so things are bound to be a little funky. When the next War rolls around a lot of these bugs will be ironed out because testing it ourselves is a little different from all of our players trying it out and seeing what happens. Betas are fairly common, but this could have been communicated a bit more clearly, so apologies for that!

@So what I'm not exactly sure what's going on there; unfortunately I don't have access to the information that would let me see what's going on, so I'll talk to a developer and see what they can find out.

2. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the bug report, leaderboard listing should now be fixed, also remember that it will update every 15 minutes. If the view looks funny try refreshing/reloading your screen.

3. I'm still waiting to hear how I'm entered into the arena and my stats are counting for a faction, yet I can't attack or even see anything to attack in the faction wars. It's almost as if I'm not entered yet I can see my name on the profiles page.

4. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

So...the divisions, what are they for? we seem to be able to attacking anyone no matter their division

5. Survival Streak 0

Did you enter? :p your faction leader/officer entering doesn't automatically add everyone, you have to join individually.

6. Eric

Eric Administrator

Divisons are basically an identifier for how powerful the target faction is. The higher division factions will have a members with greater skill points allocated to Health/Attack/Defense. Divisons also contribute to the type of bonus you get when attacking or killing a target faction. Eg. If you're able to kill a high Divison faction you'll receive a greater amount of War Ponts. Check out the Help link for more info.

7. American Nightm 11587 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 I would say that means i entered lol

8. Eric

Eric Administrator

Sorry to hear you're having issues, what web browser and OS are you using?

9. Win7 and firefox. never had any arena issues until FW

10. I'm doing the math and the WP aren't adding up to whats showing on the leaderboard. Just sayin'

11. Survival Streak 0

Just an FYI the leaderboards still aren't accurate, added our individual war points up they came to 20k
    but the game says we only have 9k in total, how do we lose points?

12. Eric

Eric Administrator

PM me your user id and I'll have a look at your account.

13. So what

So what Member

OK

I realise you wanted testing

I get that

but you missed a HUGE oppetuntiy for us to get a feel for this

staring at a screen and waiting 5 mins for a token
    meh

weve lost KILLS and again IT SEEMS if your a higher level YOUR GONNA LOSE MORE
    than a smaller account

so WHEN and WHERE do you take skills into account
    and why so heavy handed if you have people playing for so long
    investing time in this
    THAT'S IT S A POSITIVE DISADVANTAGE

there's still to many loop holes with alt accounts

check out some of the stats they dont even have that many daily players

on the whole
    it LOOKS intresting

BUT WE cant see a dame thing ,,,,,i know your testing

why didnt you just invite any tag to participate on a smaller scale

as for the exp pay out

AGAIN its SHOCKING ...low and well if we have to pay for tokens
    10 un for 300 tokens

smells like a cash cow

maby you can advise us THATS NOT your intent

anyway
    to bored to stay

apologies

14. Craig KillZZ

Craig KillZZ Member

I agree

Why this is not a 24/7 ongoing war ???
    I agree with Slave.

what kind of war has a start and stop time??
    a war ..starts until it ends

and this token stuff to make people even has a serious flaw.
    are these designed to be a weekly event?

15. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I'm highly disappointed. Even before It started. Now having attempted it I find it even worse than I feared.

I was really really hoping it would be integrated within the game with another tab such as connections and be set up somewhat like gp only fight oriented and between your rival list or something.

Something that would augment the game itself and breathe life into a stale game.

Alas this is just another mini game. Why on earth would I want another arena? And one that I don't even control my own destiny?

That being said here's a breakdown. It's brief since there is very little actual game time to go off of.

Pro.
    It gets factions communicating and breathes some life into some of the factions.
    um...idk maybe some rewards
    um maybe if I really stretch I can see it gets factions fighting in the rest of the game but that's a real stretch.

Cons.
    Detracts more than adds to the game
    So few tokens as to be useless
    Healing might as well be nonexistent
    you absolutely MUST get your members participating
    waste of stam
    self contained so once again no incentive for folks to HEAL for a change instead of staying dead and just using trash talk

Sorry Kano I was really excited that this could be fun but it's really not. With so few tokens for one thing even if you found it enjoyable you are done in about 10 seconds.

I say scrap it entirely and start over.

16. Eric

Eric Administrator

Everyone should be synced up with war points earned from members and war point totals showing for their Factions. We'll be monitoring gameplay over the next day to see if any other out of sync issues arise and fix accordingly.

17. Eric

Eric Administrator

Sorry to hear you're disappointed, during the beta stage we're here to listen to everyone's feedback and push through fixes and updates to make this feature fun for everyone. The purpose of wars is to offer a new pvp mechanic without disrupting the core gameplay or player use cases since it's opt in. With wars being an event we're able to be more flexible with the design and customize it based on your feedback.

Unlike the arena, war tokens are to be used with strategy, you have a limited amount and you need to work with your team on who and when to attack and when to heal. That being said, we are already looking into ways to make healing more useful as well as starting with a higher token count. Note we will also be including war trophies which will show up in Faction profiles along other features set for our second phase release.

Again the team is working out the issues and listening to the feedback so keep it coming!

18. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I'm a bit disappointed. I haven't even been able to play in FW. All I see is, Leaderboard
    No available results....

19. Eric

Eric Administrator

If you're sure you have previously joined and are having issues with seeing the gameplay area, please check that you're currently with the Faction that you were a member of when you joined the arena. In future wars we'll make it more flexible to jump out of Factions and join new ones prior to the event starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.