[VC] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community August 11 - 15

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 16, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans August 2 - August 8

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 1
    Kong/Armor: 20

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

August Weekday Calendar!

[​IMG]

Get ready for the August Weekday Calendar! This special event starts Monday August 18 at 10:00 am PDT and runs until August 22 at 10:00 pm PDT.

The Weekday Calendar runs from Monday to Friday and can be done three times just like a Weekend Calendar. The only difference is since it is five days long instead of three the keys regenerate at a slower rate. You'll still get the same amount as you normally do, just slightly slower because the Calendar lasts for two extra days.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy weekend!

Glad it's Friday? I sure am. Things have been pretty busy here in Support, so apologies to everyone who noticed we've been a bit frazzled or who have been waiting longer than normal for replies on their tickets. We've got some high message volume, my fabulous co worker Glitch is sick (along with her entire family), and as many of you are no-doubt aware, some ISP issues have caused frustrating performance problems with internet connection in the US and some areas of Canada this week.

Just one quick announcement before I get back to it: we're currently planning out some changes to the Support department that should help give us faster and better coverage on some issues, including Terms of Use concerns. Along with our continued development on monitoring and deterrence systems, this should make investigations more efficient. :) It's going to take some time to get everything into place, but please bear with us!

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who right about now would like an elaborate coffee drink with some kind of fancy topping. Like whisky.

[​IMG]
    Terrible Joke of the Week
    [​IMG]

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do elves learn at school?
    The elf-abet!
    Reveal for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, concerning the weekday calendar. I think it's a hilariously bad idea.

Why? Because I'd guess that the majority of players will have jobs and not every boss doesn't mind it, if the employees have a game running in the background. And of course, there are enough jobs where playing simply is impossible. I'll hazard a guess and say that participation in this calendar will be rather low.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Won't know unless we try!

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In weekdays people have less time to play, and with the 50m key time it takes a lot more time to finish it. With the 30 min time it could be done in 11h30m, now in 17h30m.
    Another problem, here in Europe starts at night, and ends early in the morning, basically we have like 4 days to do it.

5. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

seems to me, Ya'll gunna have to use points to "buy" them crates!!! or maybe that was the plan the whole time? IDK- GET VC mobile, Calenders work fine on my I-phone

6. One thing about doing it in this manner is that even people like myself who are lucky enough to have insomnia & all the free time in the world to finish off the traditional 3 day / 30 minute key calendar, might not finish this off. So, someone that does manage to pick up 2 or 3 of these items should count themselves among the lucky to accomplish doing so.

7. ben

ben Active Member

its not 5 days long i think kano messed up on this 1 ...

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Other forum members have used this phrase. Why not try reverting arena back to no slider 1 time and see how that works, or adding the inactives that get "placed on list bounty by the god's" 1 time into the arena? Exact same concept. :p

9. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

also ya took away that 5% chance of getting 5 FB points , more of an incentive than gold or exp drops! damn by now I would've had started my 2nd Calender, but wont be putting too much energy into it tomorrow-- my weekly purchase of 100 points goes towards stam refills!! or lottery tickets-- definetley NOT crates, keys, or those 25/30 pt. weapons/warriors-
    just my gameplay- not knocking you battlers/levelers, Arena players!, I get my 1000 or attacks in Arena early to make 5 or so levels- then ride out rest in DEF mode usually get top 100--

10. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

it's only 4 days (96 hours) and the extra time for recharge just means more time online needed to accomplish the challenge 3 times . i would think the idea was to shorten the time online needed . now , the advantage goes to the people without jobs who are online all the time . keep the 96 hour format during the week but put the recharge rate back to a half hour .

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Works for me at work with my phone I actually prefer it this way