[PC] TGIF! This week in Dev and Community April 28 - May 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, May 3, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! What happened this past week in Dev and Community?

Player Bans April 19 - April 25

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KP: 7

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

wall_feed_may14_ltds_week1.jpg

May Monthly Calendar!

The May monthly Calendar started yesterday at 10:00 am PDT and runs until May 31.

[​IMG]

Server Upgrades

Please be aware that starting next Monday, we will be upgrading our existing servers. Actual impact to the game will be minimal but some of the data stored on the server will be lost in the transition. This includes:

- game history feed
    - alerts will reset
    - players counters will reset (gifts you can send, etc)

Battle Arena and Armada Wars coming to Kongregate & Armor Games!

Yes, you read that right, the time is right for both of these modes to open up for the integrated Kong/Armor server. The lobby for both events will be open on Monday with a level 500 barrier for entry to the Battle Arena.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

Sorry for my recent absences from our weekly TGIF shenanigans, Support has been a bit bananas lately.

Which brings me to today's fun fact! If there is every anything unusual about your game, if something of yours seems to be missing, or not working the way it should, or you see a notification you are concerned about, please talk to us.

There might be a bug or glitch, or myself or someone around the office might have made a mistake that has affected the game. This things happen and when they do we want to know about them so we can fix them and make sure our players are looked after.

Something I can absolutely guarantee has NOT happened is a deliberate, malicious act of sabotage from a Kano/Apps team member. Aside from the fact that there is literally nothing to be gained from such an act, we are a small team who work hard to make our games as successful as we can, and none of us wants to jinx that.

There is also the small matter that I work my ass off all week trying to fix problems and help people out when they have questions or concerns. Sometimes people are pretty... passionate, and it can be very challenging for us to talk to them.

If I thought for one second someone here in the office was messing around with players' games to be a jerk, I would hunt them down and beat them within an inch of their life. Then I would flip my desk, light the building on fire, and run out into the street screaming.

Cheers! :)

Aardvark
    who really enjoys a good portmanteau

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What's the best way to carve wood? Whittle by whittle. ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1

Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2

Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan

Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877

2. grim

grim Member

boo...lol..that's terrible....lol

3. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

LOL!!!! Whittle while you work!

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

that new makes my day. armada wars on kong/armor. guess i have to raise my level some more if i want to get a real good ranking lol. but im pretty sure one of smeg is taking first just my guess i meen they have a few lvl 2k+ already and the games only been there for about 1 1/2 months and they just keep goiung up inlevels lol.

it has been real fun playing there. how about you mitch i see you play there alot as well or at least that is what your game feed is saying lol. hope all is well with you guys as well, keep up the good work :)

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@grim I try every week to eclipse the previous joke's terribleness. Suffice it to say that I think I succeeded this week.

@neill I've been trying to play quite a bit in order to get myself to the proper ranking for the Battle Arena. I look forward to being knocked out in two minutes!