Saint Patrick's Day Feature Raid Walkthrough and Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 28, 2018.

1. S JORDAN

S JORDAN Member

The leaderboard disappeared from mobile version as soon as my last raid completed.

Reappeared when I was able to open a invite.

Boards should stay visible until end of week and last possible raids done. Try to implement for next game

Chasity likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Leaderboards were supposed to remain visible, just a small edge-case that slipped by on mobile. We fixed this up, thanks for letting us know.

Chasity likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I know that there will be a change concerning people who just join a raid and don't even do the min, I know of one in particular, who is on the leaderboard, and I know he never does the min, he always just takes a spot, he does it with coop bosses, also, there was another player who played that way, he no longer plays, but I bet there are more, and I feel strongly that anyone who does that does not belong on a leaderboard, and or get any rewards for being there, and I feel and others I have spoken to , believe anyone who does that during this event, should not be rewarded for this event.

just found another player, doing the same thing, they are friends, they did one action, on a raid, and I know for a fact they are doing it on all of them, cause they know they will be rewarded for the kills

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    FancyPants, Mabest, Marc14 and 2 others like this.
  4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the heads up Jades. That was a bug but we just fixed it!

JADES likes this.
  5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Let me echo Kirsten's post. There are players who are inflating their "kill" amounts by just joining raids and hitting them a few times then having it count in their "kill" total when the raid is defeated. That is an obvious back door to inflating your numbers that needs to be corrected and the amounts of kills these players have need to be adjusted down so that only the raids where they got the minimum in should count. Please fix this problem before the awards are given out. Nobody, especially players in the top three, should be getting awards they do not deserve because they beefed up their kill counts like this.

FancyPants, Mabest, Marc14 and 2 others like this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Saw the problem before new raids even started LOL, just saying :p

Marc14 and Old Salt like this.
  7. Old Salt

This is an issue that should have seemed obvious would be exploited to inflate KILL totals. So these players will get away with it for this raid then and collect bonuses they really didn't earn while knocking players who did earn them into lower spots? Frankly, that's unacceptable KANO.

TomcaT, Mabest and Marc14 like this.
  8. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Everyone saw this problem, except Kano :)
    I'm in 26 public raids, they are in 24 of them with one or max five actions. The other two they are not in or they would be at the bottom as well.
    Coop bosses they just join with 2 attacks for a chance to get that favor point. All PC knows them.

Mabest, Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Go all the way back to page 1 of this thread where Jades originally brought it up. We explained our reasoning behind doing it the way we did and we will be reviewing this after the fact and fixing it for future events if necessary.

We will see if doing anything while the event is running is feasible, but if it is going to cause any issues with collecting the rewards come Friday then we will have to weigh the pros and cons of that as well.

I'm going to put a temporary lock on this thread until the ZS event starts just so we don't spend a bunch of pages reiterating the same point about participation.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Zombie Slayer is on! Quick change-log for this event:

• To get a "Kill" credit, players must get minimum actions (2,000 total, 1,000 being Heals) on that Raid

11. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Thank you so much for finally changing the tier levels on armor/kong :)
    I sincerely hope you up the levels for Viking Clan also for armor/kong ;)

mi7ch likes this.
  12. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous! After the fact??? Kano should have known better. And in fact, I think Kano did know better, in order to get players to open their wallets and melt some plastic to get high on the leaderboard. Allowing someone who doesn't do even minimum and is just taking space, has no business getting squat on the leaderboard or any rewards.
    I worked 58 raids and it cost me a bunch of DJ's that I had saved and earned the hard way through basic leveling, along with other DJ earnings such as challenges. I even sold back some items to get 8 favor points for each one sold back. I can't afford to spend money in this game. If I had it to spend, I am of the opinion that it would be a waste of money when slackers get rewarded for being slackers.

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  13. Old Salt

It's nice that KANO is putting a fix in for the next raid event. Why they are resistant to fixing the PC raid before they give out the rewards is beyond me. You have three people occupying those top three spots that didn't earn it. Please correct this NOW. It's a slap in the face to those players immediately below the top three.

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  14. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

implementing the fix now would more then likely cause problems with reward collection so it is best to leave as is. Will be fixed next time around which is what matters most. Best to not risk causing a problem that could be avoided.

S JORDAN likes this.
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@neill1990 has the gist of it. If we tried to retroactively fix it then it would cause more problems than it would solve. While this aspect of the event doesn't match up to how we envisioned it, we corrected it for the subsequent Raids.

While it seems obvious in retrospect that perhaps we should have had this in from the start, we did try to consider every facet. While it did occur to us, we decided not to put it in as we anticipated that the downsides of not helping out on all the Raids you joined would be enough of a deterrent in and of itself. This turned out to be a flawed premise, and we are changing that up going forward.

It's worth remembering that we only two attempts deep on mixing things up for Featured Raids and they've both been pretty different from each other. We do keep the feedback in mind when going forward, which is why the rewards this time are individually earned, something that was brought up a lot during the Holiday Event.

16. neill1990

Another version of the leaderboards could be by armada effort, where the armada with either the most killed and/or most summoned raids gets ranked and rewarded accordingly.

Smaller armadas would be at a bit of a disadvantage but same could be said about the leaderboards as they are now in that people with less fp will inherently rank lower then others that choose to spend or have stocked up more fp for the raids.

17. neill1990

the problem with trying to readjust the rankings now is that they would have to compile all the raids done per person and check them to see if min is met. Sounds simple but there are always unforeseen issues that can arise. allowing the people who sat on the raids only for this time around avoids the unnecessary risk that something could go wrong in redistribution of kill points where some unforeseen thing happens where kano would then have to come up with another solution to fix what might go wrong.

There isnt enough time to create a backup solution if something does go wrong if they did a redistribution. As they stated above they acknowledge their mistake and from here on out have changed it so people who havent gotten min arent rewarded credit.

They should have labeled this as - leaderboards for raids BETA - since this is clearly in the beta stages and not finalized. This is essentially version 0.2.2. Second iteration of extra raid rewards revision/update 2 (min actions required for kill reward). pretty sure more updates before being officially finalized will be made. PC was the first test for the beta of raid leaderboards with zombies now up for further evaluation to see what else should be changed before finalization.

EDIT: appears the comment this was replying to is gone now...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  18. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

pffffft!!!!

And yet you guys wonder why you have to constantly put out the query of Would I recommend this game to anyone. I always say no. smh Then I get the email back of Wow! That was harsh!
    We tell you time and time again of problems and you just don't listen. You knew from the get go that the slackers were going to get tons of kills on the leaderboard and yet you did nothing. Nothing!!
    Is there any wonder why so many people are over these games?

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  19. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I Abhor the auto heal. I mean Abhor it! Totally messes up the rhythm and robs me of use of my energy.

As far as the leaderboard goes, this sucks for anyone not around when they all start. Not a single rb in jobs tab had an open slot. Not 1. A little hard to compete if you can't join eh? I've opened my own but that's dull.

Nice idea but already hitting a snag :(

Chasity likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This was made to deter vampires and you think it's a bad thing? SMH!