[PC] Rivals changes and fixes!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Rivals Updates have arrived folks, here are some of the highlights of changes that are going out today.
    • All rival data now uses persistent DB storage, in the future, any caching service maintenance will not result in loss of rivals data. When games resume they will be kept.
    • All rivals are accessible through a paginated interface. Click through to see the full list.
    • Hide/Show ability for rivals, allows you to clean up your list to focus on specific people if you desire.
    • Alerts (skull icon) now shows count of recent rivals.

If you have an Idea on how to improve rivals, or any other aspect of the game, get involved! Please submit all ideas here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/forumdisplay.php?101 Also, please check out the Ideas posting guidelines first: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6044

If you find any problems or have issues with Rivals, please feel free to respond here. We're listening! :)

UPDATES 8:50pm PT
    Updates that are going live in minutes:

• responses now appear as they did before on the rivals page
    • skull icon alert cleared when visiting rivals page
    • last attacked time has been added
    • fixed sorting to order by last attacked

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  2. Aurora

Aurora New Member

I am not liking this rivals list now, I cannot see how long ago I was attacked. It seems to be out of order, the last one to attack me is not at the top..why? Will this be fixed?

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i like the updates but i want a much longer rivals page....sometimes while on bounty i will pick up so many rivals that the ones that hit me in the beginning r no longer on my rival page when i come down, room for a couple hundred should do it

is this only for PC? dont see it in VC where we need it the most

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

haha my rival list only has one person and I know he is the only one to come after me in the last 24 hours lol

5. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi Aurora, we're working on some issues with sorting the list which should be fixed soon.

6. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I'd love it if we could know which Rivals LOST when they attacked us. Can win/loss information be shown somehow?

7. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Thanks Eric, much appreciated!! I was just caged by MBB, and it didn't appear on my rivals list. have a great evening!

8. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Did you try looking at your game history from the main page. Although, that list ought to scroll down so we can view more than just the last few attacks.

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

It'll happen, one by one.

10. smartuko

smartuko New Member

Don't like it. Was not needed and certainly not wanted. Change it back.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have a couple of quick fixes/changes coming out:

• list will be ordered by most recent attacks like it was and should have been, looks like there is an issue with the sort function and we will get that sorted momentarily
    • we will add the response as it was previously for that page
    • we will add back the time since last attack

This was a fairly major back-end change so that if we do get cache server failures in the future rivals will not be reset. We also updated the 2 rival lists to bring in line with each other, we will add back all data that was available in the previous view.

Please keep the ideas / suggestions coming and we will do our best to get improvements / fixes out as fast as possible.

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

UPDATES 8:50pm PT
    Updates that are going live in minutes:

• responses now appear as they did before on the rivals page
    • skull icon alert cleared when visiting rivals page
    • last attacked time has been added
    • fixed sorting to order by last attacked

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are aware of a bug with the sorting of rivals and are working on a fix, as well as other player suggested tweaks to bring it more inline with the previous version.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Yikes! this is not at all what I was expecting from the new rival list and Im not liking it all. There is way to much info on the page and it stretches what once a single page into multiple pages. what should have been a convenience just turned into a headache. Bring back the old rival page just make it so it allows for more players on the list so rivals wont get bumped off b4 24 hrs