[VC] revamp the slap range

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Jul 5, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The whole slap thing is getting old and to be quite frank its really not fair to the highest of levels. Whats the point of getting stronger if we are limited by the health of the lesser player?. It makes no sense to me that I can slap A high level player for nearly 5k and cant do more than a few hundred on a lower level. The bigger and badder we are....the more damage we should be doing to any level player. Lower level players normally get to slap at their max slap range....I think i should be able to do so as well.

I dont foresee ever getting to bring my full force to bear as it would obviously wreak havoc on the lesser player but I think some sort of compromise could be made. Currently as ones stats increase they slap range increases. The problem with this is it actually decreases the chance of a decent slap. If my max slap was 500 for instance, I would have 1 in 500 chance of getting 500 on a player that allowed me to slap at full capacity. But if my max slap was 5000 that would mean I had a 1 in 5000 chance of hitting at max capacity...My chances actually decrease which doesnt really seem right especially when one considers that were already being handicapped by the stats of the lesser player. Once again it just seems like were actually getting less for the more we do.

I would like to suggest that as ones max slap capacity increases....their minimum slap increases as well. So for examples sake....A player with a max slap capacity 500 would have a range of 1-500. A player with a max slap capacity of 5000 would have a range 0f 1000-5000. These numbers are merely examples....im sure that the math could be done so that things work out more proportionately.

In the end it just seems silly that no matter how powerful one becomes there chances of a decent slap become less likely. No high level should get a 1 0r 2 on a slap when thats the same minimum a level 100 player can get. To be frank....its just a slap in the face of all our hard work

2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i agree completely and will rate this a 10 slaps do have an unfair range which aids the lower levels more IMO

3. ben

ben Active Member

i agree give it a 10 ...

4. You have my vote on this one, Polish. :)

5. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Interesting, I'll give you that. It will have supporters for both sides, too, especially from the lower levels, cause, let's face it, there will be no end of complaints from lower levels if they implement it.

I can currently slap for a max of about 3150, nearly maxed it out on a war rival. 1 in 3150 chance for a big slap on a rival. Not really odds I like.

With your numbers, I'd have a min slap damage of 630 guaranteed. Sure, for me the party is great, as I will be able to collect lots of kills this way, as my chances for devastating slaps increase. Loads of killed people will see it different, as I will be the Big Bad Bully to them, who goes after them for kills.

I like the idea, it has my full support, but if it is implemented it will definitely cause no end of whining. But then again, that's just the way it is.

10 Stars

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Sorry but this is a 1 for me. Would make it much to easy to kill the higher level players as well. Sure I'm not too thrilled when I throw less than 20 damage every once in a while, but why make it too easy? I like the game of chance. :)

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

10 from me.

Spot on.

8. polishpimp

As much as I respect your opinion...I simply have to disagree with your logic on this one. I dont see it as "making " things to easy, I see it as an earned thing. Every aspect of these games is governed/limited by what the lower levels do or have, all to often the things we achieve in these games are limited and rendered partially if not completely useless. Even the battle arena that was billed as a free for all is handicapped to no end. In an extremely limited/restricted game game in which i only lose to one player (whether attacking or being attacked) ...I can enter the arena which is suppose to be the least restrictive aspect of the games and lose more than 50% of the time to players thousands of levels below me. The way its currently set up actually gives those that have worked harder and longer to achieve more .....less opportunity for a good slap....that simply makes zero sense. Im not asking for any unearned advantage or even an advantage of any sort....all i want is to have the same percentage of opportunity to achieve my maximum slap as that of every other player. I dont see that as unreasonable in any way

9. polishpimp

Yeah...i figure the lower levels will whine about this, hopefully they will be smart enough to understand that it will benefit them as well. Nobody likes when it happens to them but everyone sure loves to dish it out...lol What they probably wont realize is that their odds also decrease. Hopefully they will understand that Im not asking for any more for us or any less for them....but the same for everybody. When in all reality the odds should get better the further one advances....but Ide settle for a compromise such as this.

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A 1000 minimum slap damage would mean an instant kill for many-many low lvls, I see 0% chances that Kano will make any changes :))

As I know, now the max slap capacity is 5% of your Max Health, Ex: for Max Health 50000, your max slap is 2500. A good way to found out an opponents max Health is just by multiplying his max slap damage by 20 ;)
    If the target has lower health than you, then the max slap damage is 5% of his Max Health, and the real damage is a total random number in the range of 1 and this max slap damage.

11. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, making the slap dependent on the health of the higher player makes it too easy for the higher ones to collect kills. Someone with 100k health would have a max slap of 5000, 2 or 3 good slaps will kill the majority of players.

I agree with the "The Bigger we are, the harder we slap" sentiment, but I think too few of the big mass will agree or see it the same way. They will merely see "A few priviliged players get the ability to get more kills at our expense!" Most whiners are hypocrites, too, they'll heartily complain about it being unfair on them but they will also use this to kick those lower than them.

I think your idea of a minimum slap damage is the best viable solution, sure for a 5k max slap range it would increase the odds from 1 : 5000 to 1 : 4000, but these are already considerably better odds.

12. polishpimp

No doubt there would be more killing happening....but I dont see that as a bad thing. The number of kills would increase across the board for all levels/health ranges. I agree the "big mass" will see it differently...but you and I both know that they arent exactly looking at the whole picture which is unfortunately what most here are seemingly incapable of doing...and most likely if they ever get to the higher levels they will see things differently. Your spot on my old friend...in these games Hypocrisy reigns supreme.

13. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Yes true, it is earned. You leveled up and built your account strong, but punches have always been a random thing. You knew that while building. I like the idea of a random. Sometimes I get frustrated when I do 4 damage on a punch, but that just makes it more exciting when I get a new high punch. Everybody want to get easy kills, but when a challenge pops up things need to get "revamped"?

14. polishpimp

Yep. it would mean more kills....as it should be. It doesnt make any sense that I can hit a bigger healthier target and do more damage than I can a smaller less healthy target. I understand all the math....its just that they shouldnt be applying that math....as it actually works against the players that are doing exactly what the games are designed to do and thats level up and get stronger. Its not as if Im asking for more.....just a level playing field as getting less for the more we do is pretty ridiculous when u think about it