[All] RB discussion expiring bosses

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Allow the UN reopen of RB's

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. whatever

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Vic

Vic Active Member

yes, real life happens. but raids are not the same as regular bosses. if you can not finish them within 4 days, they should not be allowed to be revived.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Jon Ward said it perfectly...

"Sorry 1 star and a big No. Regular bosses are fine your not going to level off of them as fast as you can do with raids. So think of the bigger picture you allow this with the raids to be done then yeah many might go undefeated because they know they can just let them sit near death let them die off go to someone elses and repeat the process and gain hundreds upon thousands of levels during a raid season. No No No"

And I didn't even know you could resurrect a regular boss for FP's. That should be done away with also. As I said, there are time limits on these things for a reason. You shouldn't be able to buy your way past it. Everyone has a sob story about why they could't finish a boss. Suck it up and move on.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

No raid boss I've been a part of has expired so if any of you think my vote for this is a self serving one, think again. I just think it would be a good idea, same as the regular bosses.... In this case, what's good for the gander should be good for the goose as well

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

what he said.

Truthfully, I think a lot of it is the difference between the ZS rb's and the other games. The times I've joined the VC/PC/LCN ones they die easy. The zs ones are a royal PITA!

5. AlterEgoT

Kinda what I was thinking when I started the discussion. I suppose I had rather thought no harm in a one time extension.

But Again, ZS vs the others is a whole different RB. So I can see the points.

Meh, I'm losing interest in the game due to the shrinking numbers allowing the Ambush system to become the entire defensive strategy, and the bounties being only affordable for disparity in level listings for the same reason.

So whatever.

I try. Not sure I get why I play anymore. It's not the game it was and I am too stubborn to go all attack/health and just stay dead and use ambushes.

Thanks everyone for the input.

6. Old Salt

Yeah I agree there. Ambush I guess is another name for counter-attack in PC and VC. IMO these come about far too easy. You see more and more these players buffing themselves repeatedly while you attack so they can quickly drive down the price of counters and then start hiding behind them. Maybe counters should start costing three stamina a piece after you set a certain number even as their price drops. Something to balance it out. These guys just hide behind them or use them as a default defense and it's getting ridiculous.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No way, I hunt and would be pissed off at that...

8. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

hehe guess ill chime in :)

an easy way to fix the people joining in after it is rebooted could be prevented by once you revive it to only finish it off have join disabled so whoever is there is all that is aloud to be on that select boss.

have it so you can only revive the boss 24 hours max after it has expired

whatever the xp deduction was if it had one before it is revived stays and doesnt reset, the same would go for the people who might possibly be locked from attacks(see my previous idea for how to fix that). basically all it would do is extend timer by 1-3 days based on what option you select ex:
    9FP= 3 days
    6FP =2 days
    3FP= 1 day

and the most important part is you are only aloud to extend bosses timer ONCE so choose apropriate option of time extention

the reason you can select 1-3 days would be because for people that need that only 1 extra day or know itl take longer.(also having cheaper options would entice people to go oh only 3 FP and then more money for kano :) meaning games continues support ect)

was actually thinking of making an idea just like this recently forgot to do it though

AlterEgoT likes this.
  9. AlterEgoT

Ambushes is like counter attack.

I'm not sure what hunting has to do with the fightlist keeping 41 (the maximum of attacks per day on ZS)

10. AlterEgoT

yes, ambush is the counter attack.

on ZS you only get 41 attacks and they can set 41 ambushes on you. and have a friend list them every 23 hours so it is not feasible to use the hitlist/bounty to counter that action.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well on other games it's unlimited attacks for exp, so hitting a high level player off bounty and costing 3 stam per counter instead of 2, would effect my game. Title is for [ALL] games.

12. Old Salt

I never use counters (except sometimes in PC against these raid levelers who needed to raid themselves thousands of levels above me before they could win and then suddenly want to fight) so I'm coming from a bias position here but to me there is no balance. Counters make going after a weaker player nearly impossible. And people are free to "hunt" anybody's bounty in the game without really any fear because they know they just have to withstand the initial assault and then put up the wall. The pendulum is swung too far over to one side. I guess this really relates more to PC because you can set 50 counters at a time there I think. In VC from what I understand you can only set ten at a time after you reach a certain level. That seems more in balance.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    AlterEgoT likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Actually you can set 75 counters and 50 traps, in PC and all because of caging. In VC ya start off with 75 if I remember right but eventually you can only set 10 at a time, ( I believe it is the same for LCN) I wish PC was like that but then Kano would have to get rid of caging and they seem reluctant to do so.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

All I'm saying in FB VC to up a counter from 2 to 3 stam is no bueno,
    • the cost of coin sometimes if hit wrong person on "bounty" and decide to counter is already enough... persistent opponent....
    • FB VC players have base bounties of 1quad already without new land, and it's ridiculous hits to get a counter to protect yourself as of now.

15. Old Salt

Well like I said I VC seems more balanced in that you can only set ten counters at a time. In PC, being able to set 75 (although that would put a severe dent in your bank account trying to do that) at one time is overkill. You can still set 20 at a time before they get too expensive and at that rate it's impossible to break through that wall if you're attacking.

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

UM, with a 1 quad base, even with a few attacks on bounty, it's roughly 300 hit's of punishment before feasible counter (FB VC) on most (I'm10k+) with good income and see the problem, no clue what a lower lvl would do to a persistent player.
    As I stated this discussion is for [ALL] GAMES

Wait a sec, how did post's
    RB discussion expiring bosses
    turn into this?

17. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Raids were supposed to be a challenge.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

alter ego t hijacked the thread a few posts earlier. and i'm against this, if it matters. just another loophole that will be exploited endlessly, and we don't need any more of those.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No to reopening a raid and no to more stam to set counters, No No No ,

Now that should cover everything :p

AXXO likes this.
  20. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I think you forgot a NO