[KONG] Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by foxysiren, Oct 16, 2015.

1. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

LOL And even with all the job drops and all the boss drops..... even though I am maxed out on ALL job drops and am full on boss drops and working on all the elites and optimals, and even though I am 7,000 levels ahead of several players...... none of that matters since all they have to do is open their wallet and BUY items and are stronger than me.

The only other thing that would change the balance is if they decided to add mobsters at certain levels. Like another 1000 possible at level 5000 and maybe another possible at level 10,000. Of course, I would personally hate to have to spend more money on mobsters. Basically 5 fps each or $1 each - that would be another $2000 of spending. Maybe they could just add these mobsters.... instead of familia or hired guns, they could be called "loyalty mobsters" and added every like 5 levels after level 5000. :)

I know, everyone under level 5000 would hate that idea! Why would anyone like an idea that forced them to level and not be able to stay level 2500 forever?

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  2. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

The problem is levels doesn't mean loyalty.

Loyalty is coming back and playing the game everyday. Not just playing it a specific way.

I can understand why it's frustrating for you but if people want to spend money to be strong level 2000's that's up to them.

3. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Agreed, levels are not the definition of loyalty.

4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Levels doesn't mean loyalty. I never said it does. But sitting around chatting in Kong chat and doing a level a day is not playing the game either. I have seen more action in Farmville. Levels are a measure of progress and achievements. And if Kano made levels worth more than just buying items and maybe even took away some of the protections low levels use to hide from higher levels, it might encourage more people to quit staying at level 2000 forever and doing one level a day.

5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

And no matter what anyone thinks...... the bottom line is, no matter how loyal you think you are or how good of a player you think you are..... OR how many years you think you have invested...... the bottom line and biggest FACT is...... those who spend have the biggest advantage and you cannot compete no matter how hard you try. And the implication that I must spend a ridiculous amount on this game because I have leveled two to three times more than the average person, you should really know the facts before speaking so much BS. I got to my level by putting my skills into STAMINA over everything else. Most of the people I leveled with over the years who did spend a ton were doing 3 to 4 refills to my one refill. They were putting their skills into Attack and Defense and buying items while I was just relying on my higher levels to provide job drops others didn't get and bosses that others also did not have access to.

As I said before and I will say it again - I don't know of any other game where so many people think that staying the same level for years is a plan for success. Kano should just do away with levels and rank everything on fight strength or time played. Levels certainly seem to be discouraged by Kano after about level 2500 and players sure seem to quit advancing around then and 1 level a day seems to be a huge accomplishment.

6. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I wasn't saying you spent ridiculous amounts mate. I have no idea how much you've spent.

I was simply saying I can't afford to.

It's no coincidence that people quit after 2500... Levelling becomes harder and harder to do.

7. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@Blue Nose : i agree. It's not because i don't spend money, that i don't respect people who do. Without people who pay, this game wouldn't improve, and wouldn't continue. They are essentials !

8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

This will be the first RAIDS I skip and won't spend a single dime participating. For the past four I kept pretty good details on how many refills, items, and kept track of every single stamina and energy I used and it became 100% clear that RAIDS are not worth the investment. If I wanted to level I still have 3 or 4 leveling partners I could connect with and do 3 times the amount of levels for the stamina used and if I wanted items I can purchase LQ items and get more for my dollar. But since I don't care to spend anymore, I am just going to skip all of it. ;-)

foxysiren likes this.
  9. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

If there is no raise in xp for higher levels then there will be quite a few boycotting on Kong, including myself.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

yeah, the way it is set up now..... lower levels can buy their way up to the top on a weekend. Yet the experience for higher levels prevents higher levels from moving ahead without spending something like 5 times what mid levels are spending. In talking to other players, I have been told that at level 2000, it was taking about 1250 stamina for 1 level. I need over 6800 for 1 level. Not only does it take more stamina but it requires more time per level.

With all the complaints from people on how RAIDS have ruined the game from allowing spenders to buy their way to the top and all the issues with players who spend, many tired of doing all the work.... wouldn't it be interesting if Kano put a cap on how much a player could do on a RAID and a higher minimum on getting the reward? Forced everyone to do more of an equal share to finish a RAID and made it harder to use RAIDS to mass level? Granted, people could just open more RAIDS but since it would require everyone to help complete them, a lot of people are not going to do a million RAIDS so the few who tried to open more might not have the players to help them finish them off. LOL

Just a thought.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Here's a bump to keep this fruitless meandering thread alive for yet another round of raid boss complaints that the majority of the player base doesn't care about. You're welcome.

Marc14 likes this.
  12. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Raids on kong and armor have slowed down a huge amount as a result of high level boycotts.

13. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Is it really noticeable on Kong LCN? I actually am not doing RAIDS because I don't need to level anymore and if I want items I will just buy them. And if I change my mind and decide to level a little, I will just find a few of those leveling partners and get more levels for the investment of fps. But the biggest reason I am not participating anymore is because I cannot compete at all with those who are buying thousands of levels a month with RAIDS and since the game has really become a focus on who can spend the most, I am not even participating in BA anymore as well.

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

It's incredibly noticeable. Raids just aren't dropping.

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Well, I did not do it to hurt anyone else but I did get tired of spending money to do twice what I calculated was a "fair" share by 30 people to kill a boss and watch as other were in RAID after RAID doing 2000 actions and getting the same reward I was getting for 10,000 actions and often times a lot more than that.

And I loved what seemed to be a double standard as if I joined a RAID I was expected to do a lot of damage which often was expected to be more than 25 or 30 million damage but when people joined my raid I was expected to do all the work - especially based on many of the posts in this forum claiming owners should always kill their own raids. If that was the case, then shouldn't I just have to kill mine but be able to join 29 others and only do minimum?