[VC] Player Icons/avatars

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by The Skipper, Jul 8, 2018.

1. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Thanks Smack, I'll give that a try. Oh, they vanished totally about a month ago

2. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Smack, went t o settings Viking Clan is Active, so is Kano Play and Kano Apps

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Well shoot. I sent you a PM with a specific player image. Please respond there with what you see (or don't see).

If those apps are active I think you are either being Rate Limited by FB or something in your browser is blocking those images.

Rate Limits
    If this is the case I would expect you would see some profile pictures and not others. If so this would return a 429 error but I don't think that is very visible unless you inspect the code.

Browser Blocking Images
    Perhaps try a different browser or an Incognito tab. You might have an ad blocker or something that is blocking this images from rendering.

Check that link in the PM though and please let me know what it does. Overall we are not hearing of any widespread issues with FB player images.

4. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Responded to inbox message, saw pic. No rate limits, just every avatar is gone. Blockers are set up on Facebook, but they have been for years. This is new. Kano site shouldn't be affected.

5. The Skipper

The Skipper New Member

Since nothing seemed to be doing the trick, I tried something else. I opened VC on FB rather that portal, and all the images showed up. Closed, loaded on Portal, and this is what I get now .In the friends on the right, note the vertical white bar under every image.

Attached Files:

• pix.jpg
      pix.jpg
      File size:
      152.5 KB
      Views: