[PC] News January 7 - Cache Server Issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

We had several cache servers die today and they've since been replaced. This was an unplanned outage. Unfortunately the following information has been reset:
    • Game History Feed Reset
    • Rivals List Reset
    • Counter Attack Costing Reset
    • Bounty Cost Increase Reset
    • Armada Feed Reset
    • Gift Counter for the day Reset
    • Misc Help Counters for the day
    • Alerts will be re-shown
    • Boss min dmg sliders will Reset
    • Elite Captain Requests will expire

We are working on new systems to minimize this impact for the future.

UPDATE 1:45PM PT: we just had another cache server die on us. These were servers that we upgraded before the holiday break. We are working on setting up new cache servers as we think we have isolated what the issue might be. What this means is that the above will reset again once we have the new cache servers set up.

UPDATE 2:25pm PT: we just rolled out an urgent update to our cache pool which means that everything above will have been reset again, we have downgraded to a version that we were using pre-holidays which should remove these cache server failures we have been experiencing with the upgraded versions. We apologize for the issues and we are working our best to remove these issues as quickly as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Bubba

Bubba Member

I also think something went wrong with the undead battles as I had several left and now I show none.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

UPDATE 1:45PM PT: we just had another cache server die on us. These were servers that we upgraded before the holiday break. We are working on setting up new cache servers as we think we have isolated what the issue might be. What this means is that the above will reset again once we have the new cache servers set up.

4. jon french

jon french Member

This is woesome.

Any other game ive ever played rewards players with some kind of compensation when the game is absolutely knackered

They also apologise rather than hope we might feel their pain.

What are you to give us then?

5. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I don't play pirates but since this is across EVERY Kano game.......Anyone that was logged in during this crap should get a reward--and not some piddly ass stupid item or 100 XP....

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Our main priority is not having any more server failures and getting the games over to new servers that aren't dying.

We plan to migrate PC first within the next 15-min, this is a planned but urgent update.

7. jon french

jon french Member

You should Hash - PC has a lot more long-term longevity than ZS,you can actually level withoutselling your grandma and pulling your back teeth out

The crafting in it is key whereas its shite in ZS

The XP is much more friendly

You can fight pretty much forever

And you have daily 75% stam boost to boot in PC

Level 1759 in ZS

Level 2811 in PC

Been playing 312 days less in PC

Kano - never understood why your games have so fewplayers whenof their type they best available of FB. Do you not have the finicial backing for the needed servers - your recent server deaths seems to point at that?

Get some backing, get advertising nd get us 100k, 1 million players, 10 million players - these are not silly figures for a FB game

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

UPDATE 2:25pm PT: we just rolled out an urgent update to our cache pool which means that everything above will have been reset again, we have downgraded to a version that we were using pre-holidays which should remove these cache server failures we have been experiencing with the upgraded versions. We apologize for the issues and we are working our best to remove these issues as quickly as possible.

9. I don't see a need for compensation over minor errors such as these.

If it were on the level of downtime as the PSN was, sure.

As such, I feel some of you are just asking for compensation to get more free stuff. To milk the cash cow, so to speak. The downtime was hardly severe enough to warrant a need to compensate players.

10. jon french

jon french Member

Kendall - your strapline - if only the truth, it dont freeze, it resets.

So for those of us that have been hitlistedto silly levels but now back to base - what gives?

Or all the idiots that punchme whle i sleep - do i really need to make a doc to record their links as i dont have a rivals list anymore?

Or the makemake lvl21 i put out on min just to find a high level killed cos i had no dam limit on it(would do the same)

Or the countless other nightmares you visited on players cos you currently cant even control the basic IT needs of your company

What are we getting back in return as recompense?

And Mr Warnock - its not about downtime you fool, its about reset hitlist/counters/rivals etc - dont comment if you have no idea what you commented on

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  11. geff gur

geff gur Member

i don't know about everyone else.. but personally, i appreciate the head's up, at least.. and computer issues (and server issues!!) happen to the best of us! KANO's HARD work and their efforts are appreciated in trying to keep the games running smoothly, even on the weekend! that's just my opinion.. you don't have to agree, but that is how i feel about it.

12. jon french

jon french Member

gifted you a tamborine and i love everything banner - go play

Kano - seriously - is this an acceptable way to run a company and your games?

You release new content - GREAT! - your servers go down like flies - FAR FROM GREAT!

13. My name is Warnack. Dunno how you misread it to be Warnock.

You're upset because the players with high bounties are now cheaper to hitlist? The shame!
    You're upset because it's now cheaper to place counters due to the reset? Oh the horror!
    You're upset because you can't attack your rival? Well, I can agree that it's bothersome to not be able to see who put you in the hospital last, but dear god. Get over it.

You're brewing up a shit storm over details that are hardly that dramatic.

14. Eric

Eric Administrator

UPDATE 2:25pm PT: New cache pool has been rolled out. We will be monitoring the system throughout the day.