PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The fact that a player who leveled at the speed of light and has to use a 37% boost caging me to beat me is totally ridiculous,while I spent years building my character, and he used to raids to fly past me, and is still weak as a new born baby.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Yeah and it really took a lot of effort back then to convince the devs that caging needed restrictions. Back then you had players building their whole pirate around caging. They stuck everything into attack and health and bought top of the line items and then caged up a storm. They didn't have to worry about defense because when you hit them they gave no experience out.
    But your having a comeback of sorts now. Part time players who are building around caging. Its ridiculous. 10,000 plus levels who cage. This feature needs to be locked out after a certain level like others have said here. It was never meant to be anything more than a "training wheel" feature. All it ever did was create a lot of lazy pirates. Lock it out for these high levels and make them fight. Bring them into the game.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Old Salt

Any word on this? We have more of these raid inflated 8000 plus levels caging now because they are so weak. Time to remove cagematching from level 8000 plus and force them to fight.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just going back and forth with the developers about any potential additional restrictions at the moment, but we haven't settled on anything to bring forward yet. :)

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  5. Kirsten

Thanks for keeping the idea alive. :) Since we have brought it up in this thread the cagers have leveled much higher with raids, and it is getting crazy, they do not fight, they do not do bosses , they do not craft , they just cage, we have 9k and 10 k levelers at this point, still with full clan , still with their achievements done, so time to make them play the game and not play games, if ya get my drift :p

Old Salt likes this.
  6. Old Salt

Thanks Mitch. If the devs are wary of adding any more restrictions to cagematching they do have to realize that by adding the raids they have fundamentally changed the game and the cagematching aspect has to be adjusted accordingly as well. You have a whole new generation of Raid created cagers coming up and once you get above level 8000 or so to be exclusively just caging is pretty embarrassing. Since they are leveling too fast and find that they are too weak they are turning to caging again and that's not really what the game is about. If these new higher levels lost the ability to cage then they would lose their crutch and be forced to come back into the game again.

Jon Ward and Kirsten like this.
  7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Any news on this yet or not Mi7ch

8. Kirsten

It is just becoming the norm,now raid levelers weak and stupid caging up a storm on players that spent the time building their game ,how nice ,raids next week, another nail in the coffin.

9. Kirsten

Caging was implemented for new players before they got their full clan, it is now just being abused daily, getting real sick of it.

10. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have always enjoyed caging, even as low limited number they are. maybe with the new interest in caging we should get new achieves for caging???

neill1990 likes this.
  11. Kirsten

Why would you want to waste stamina on caging, when it is lame, Oh NM , :p

12. George Burd

because it works with battles to get the kill, and gives you a idea of your opponents skill placement, its actually very useful

13. Kirsten

I disagree, it is lame if you are a level 7k and above , have full clan ,and""""" weak""""" and can only win with a cage , mind you ,with, a 37 % boost) another waste of stamina) and then hide all day,cause ya leveled up too quick with raids and are a laughing stock in the game, I can name three right off he top of my head that are at the top of the list, all because of raids, which is an whole other issue, Raids are the complete downfall of the games, sure ya got alot of nobodies thinking level is everything, bad enough people leveled with others at least that took more time to advance, , (which I never had any interest in doing, again, IMO a lame way to play,)while raids are an express train wreck.

14. Jon Ward

Kano already addressed this years ago. When they introduced Caging and pissed off a lot of players who built their character up the right way not the lazy way. No more achievements would be made for this feature. However they did address the issue of limiting cages which pleased many players at the time. Now with raids you have so many asshats who can do nothing but cage to win a fight and run off and hide like cowards for the rest of the night because if caught they would die and lose every battle. When your being caged no matter what percentage it is and your that high in levels that is pathetic. Your character only evolved one way and you will always get your ass handed to you in the game.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  15. Old Salt

Anything with this Mitch? We have more and more of these cagers coming up now because of the Raids. Not bothering to develop their character and caging over level 8000, which is pretty pathetic. Then they hide. Force them back into the game. Remove the caging option for higher levels.

16. john frances

john frances Member

caging is such a joke its a bigger joke than raids, its about time it got sorted once and for all come on sort it out Kano NOW

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No more updates on this one, I'll ping the developers today about it. :)

john frances and Kirsten like this.
  18. George Burd

unfortunately if more are caging, you may see a shift in how the majority rules. These bew cagers built on raids are the new customers. I sure hope they never organize and ask for more cages lol

19. Jon Ward

They are not new customers. They are the same old players who caged for awhile and fell behind thinking they can just add everything to attack and stamina and level faster. Remember that one George when you thought you could level fast doing this method and building an all attack account. Where did your acct go nowhere. So with raids being here it gives them an oppurtunity to move fast again. So not new customers. Same lazy players doing a one sided acct and then run and hide when caught. But will cage when your not around. Weak.

20. George Burd

well no different then those who bounty and hide or whip and hide? should we remove those options too? or those who trap out to "protect their stats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.