[LCN] New ideas for expanding ingame play

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Michael Wheet, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

I have started this thread because as some may have noticed that I have posted a couple of ideas as to how to make the game more playable/enjoyable for us all. Truthfully I have avoided forums in the past (I am at heart too lazy to write), but have been like many, inspired by the forum bonus program. Point being that I have had some feedback. And knowing well that you all have your own ideas as to how we could make Mob Wars even more fun, is why this thread is here. Post your ideas here so that we may discuss and debate them. Who knows? Maybe a good idea could eventually be intergrated into the game. We are the players and this is our game. ( And now you have another chance to post!) ;)

2. mobster77

mobster77 New Member

How about some buildings giving you more than just money? Like a gym or something, which when built increases your max stamina gradually (for a small fee)?

3. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Michael, nice idea, but most of us don't have too high hopes, since we have seen how little have come out of kano over the past years :) They seem to focus on building other games, and only do minor tweaks to mob wars.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Curious?? about what other games?? All 4 games , for the most part , get the same features implemented.

JADES likes this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm curious as well.......

6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well there is at least three possible things that Kano can have chosen to do with the web developers based on their current speed of features for the mob wars series:
    * Fired all web developers and hired IOS developers instead, based on their new focus on getting mob wars for mobile
    * Having the lazies web developers in the world and decided to let them play other games instead of building stuff for the current games
    * Used their web developers to build new games to expand the kano brand

Based on the above, I surely hope that they are building a new game :)

7. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

I can understand your pessimism, but nothing ventured,nothing gained. Even if nothing comes of it, we can still throw around some ideas and have a little fun with the topic.

Don´t stop dreaming!

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow. Disappointed much?

Skrampth likes this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I would be careful taking the opinion on someone outside of Kano as gospel when it comes to what we're doing.

We are a small company (as I have often stated), but we have also been around for six years. Six years of working on four games and keeping them going that entire time.

"Lazy" is a quick buzzword you can fire off when you don't have a good understanding of the internal workings of a company, especially in software development. "Lazy" is an easy word that everyone understands and you don't need to know much about someone else's profession to cast aspersions on them with a simple phrase.

Apologies if I seem defensive, but I have a few years of first-hand experience with seeing how hard our developers work behind the scenes. Can things sometimes seem a bit slow? Yes, they can, but it is hard to say why that is without the full picture (and I regrettably can't often disclose what is keeping us busy sometimes). We are always working on something for our current stable of games, even if it's not immediately apparent.

Our developers are not all sitting around twiddling their thumbs which seems to be a popular opinion. As I mentioned above, we're been in around for six years, which would be a pretty impressive feat if all of our developers were as lackadaisical as people seemed to believe. :)

I also don't think that putting our attention towards iOS development, one of the biggest opportunities for getting our games in front of one of the largest audiences, is a downside either. More players on iOS means more activity in the games themselves. We are working on getting them up to speed with the desktop games, which is no mean feat considering the massive headstart that the desktop versions have.

Skrampth, AXXO, Kirsten and 1 other person like this.
  10. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

That's for the information mi7ch! I do know I've been one of the people in another game saying..."hey where's the update" and then getting mad when the push out doesn't work so I'm being patient in LCN. Will have to say I'm grateful for the time you guys are spending on the iOS!! When I was out of town, there was no playing LCN, now I just pull out my phone and I can play. I know there are things that need to be added and I'm waiting but the fact that I can play the most important parts of the game away from my desktop is great!!

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Mitch, but all the time invested in IOS development does very negatively impact the current communities, since it doesn't contribute in the player bases here, and it does take a lot of time away from expanding on the platform.
    I do believe it is complex to handle a large playerbase especially in BA or SW, BUT when we at the same time, again and again see cheats go through and when there finally is an update it is related to
    * making invites easier
    * changing the home tab
    * elite mobster link disabled if full
    * Added update on raid bosses if min completed.
    you don't get the feeling of much being done that is actually improving the game in any way but marginally, which is such a shame. I've seen how the community on kong have gone from over 200+ active in chatroom 1 and a lot in chatroom 2, to rarely at 150 in main chat room. Also seen how a lot of good players have left because of cheating being done and nothing new coming out.
    And that sadly does end up giving the feeling of either a lazy company (which as I actually stated, I do not think is going on, but focus on a new game. If that new game is IOS version which has no correlation to the existing game, we as the userbase is playing or a completely new game, it sadly makes no difference, since both negatively impact the current games and player base.

12. Kirsten

Ok ,you keep mentioning "new" game, I have to ask you what "new" game are you referring to??

I could have done without making invites easier,as I believe it makes it easier for alts, so I will rarely accept new players
    Home page interface I could have done without
    Showing the min actions completed is a god send and we waited a long time for that
    The elite mobster link thing, not a big deal for me
    The IOS versions of the game, work pretty well, when ya only have a phone at any given moment thru out the day.

If ya gonna blame all that on Kong being quiet, I have said it before, playing on an NON social network has its drawbacks, and Myspace is proof of that, IMO, I think Mitch explained things pretty well.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is no "new" game, hence my bit about outside speculation. :)

JADES and Kirsten like this.
  14. Kirsten

I know that just kinda asking why he keeps saying it. :)

15. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well within last 2½ years there have come out:
    * Kingdom of Thrones
    * Free Rider HD
    Don't know when they launched kanogames.com

"They seem to focus on building other games" <-- for me that does fully include building a game on IOS, that have no relations with the games that we currently play. Yes, same game title, hopefully same game core, new interface, new player base.

16. Kirsten

KOT was may have been 2 1/2 years by my memory, Came out in January , I played it, before it even actually was made public, Kano no longer and has not for some time, done anything with that game, they let us know they would no longer be working on it, so the IOS pirate clan is what you mean that I play or the IOS mob wars, is that what you are referring to?? I am just trying to understand, what I am missing. I find the IOS PC game is the same game.

17. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well Kirsten, since you seem to be the expert in all areas of kano games, you might be able to answer this question. What functionality have been added within the last six months that you honestly believe have taken more than 2 days to create?

18. Kirsten

Well Dcasso, I keep asking you a question and ya have not really answered me, and BTW I am not a game developer so do not assume I know how to implement features,but I asked you What you are referring to when you keep saying( and I honestly want to know)

""
    "They seem to focus on building other games" <-- for me that does fully include building a game on IOS, that have no relations with the games that we currently play. Yes, same game title, hopefully same game core, new interface, new player base.""
    Again I don't have any idea how long it takes to implement things,are you a programmer or a developer/designer ??if so then I guess you have an idea,I do not.

what game on IOS did they build other than PC and LCN?? and what is wrong with doing that,and can you explain ,please ,without me having to do the researching,

"* Free Rider HD
    Don't know when they launched kanogames.com"
    I am interested in where these things are and how they conflict with 4 Kano games I know on all the platforms,I am asking ,cause I do not understand your complaints,they no longer support KOT and that has been for quite some time,that I can actually get the date when that happened as I was playing it from the beginning to when they made the decision.
    There was another game they had,something about Zombies, and that was a many years ago,and it did not survive I imagine much like KOT.
    with raids arena,wars, challenges,calendars etc what other things do we need? IMO there is enough to do lol

If you are talking about locations/cities, blah blah blah,it will never be fast enough for some,for me I don't care it is just more clicking,I am getting very near the last location in one of my games, but I am not one who is gonna demand more locations.

You said"Well Kirsten, since you seem to be the expert in all areas of kano games, you might be able to answer this question. What functionality have been added within the last six months that you honestly believe have taken more than 2 days to create?"

again I have no idea , how long it takes to create, test and implement,do you??

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  19. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I am an IT architect and work with web development, so I do have some experience with development.
    And yes IOS for PC and LCN is a new game, since it does not improve or enhance the current games but add a new environment for them to maintain. I have yet to see one feature of the IOS apps that add anything to the Mob wars on Kongregate that I play.

On kongregate they have launched:
    * Pirate Clan, Published Mar. 14, 2014
    * Viking Clan, Published Jun. 13, 2013
    * Zombie Slayer, Published Nov. 02, 2012

Looking and what these three contributed with were removing users from LCN, less development time for LCN.

For that last six months the largest "improvement" I have seen is updating home tab and adding raid completed on the overview. what else have I missed, since you seem to have comments on everything, you surely must know stuff that I don't know.

20. Kirsten

Well I play on FB and they have not yet done an android or IOS versions for Kong, ( I believe) for whatever reason, and most of us do have requests or had requests for this or that, so thanks for being more explicit in your complaints. In the end it is Kano's game,even if players insist it is our game,so I guess we all have to just wait and see, but the games on Kong are the same games on Kanoplay,FB and Kano server 2, for 99% of the game, seems that way to me anyway. I know I cannot use a tablet or phone, there, I have been playing on FB for prob over 5 years and I have seen many changes in that time.