**NEW** Arena idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alka, Dec 6, 2012.

1. alka

alka Banned

**Kano, please trial this idea..............

I suggest all players in the Arena be given random numbers at the start of the Arena.
    I suggest that players do not know their own identity until the end of the Arena. In other words, they are only known to themselves as "you".
    The system would work by a member joining Arena by clicking "Join". A message would tell the player they are in the next Arena, but will not give them a name.
    Names, letters or numbers would be automatically generated at the start of the Arena.

The reason for these ideas are :-

It prevents non active players passing their ingame names to other players.
    It prevents false accounts from being targeted by their owners.

I think this system would see different players being more successful in Arena.
    It will give players more confidence that the Arena is more fair.
    It will stop 90% of the cheating that leads some players to continue to have high finishes.

Players would have an idea of who is who at a later stage of the game by checking Health payouts. However, for some not having the early advantage might be too late for them. :)

This is NOT an idea as the cheats would score it low. It is simply a suggestion for Kano to at least trial it on each platform, if only once.

Input is welcome as always.
    Thanks

2. Mer De Noms

Mer De Noms New Member

i actually think this is an excellent idea!!!! it would not only shut up some of the people who sling accusations of cheating because they didnt win....but it would also eliminate peoples names from being passed around and them being targeted by certain groups in arena!

3. this is an awesome idea i really like it

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

well, The only problem I see, is it takes the mystery out of the search bar, and makes the battle list pretty much pointless.

Id like it more if it was a random name assignment instead of a number assignment.

The lack of choice leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I agree that it would be one way to eliminate a lot of the possible cheating.

mind you, I dont consider passing someone your name to help them as cheating.

Just the same as I dont see giving your friend a 5 second heads up on a hitlist, or giving your friend a link of a nearly dead rival to punch as cheating. Thats helping each other.

Making your own account that you allow yourself to kill, and making a friend that wants you to excell so much that they pass you their name if they cant play are two entirely different ball games.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The only thing this will accomplish is the dominate high levels winning everytime.

No thanks.

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I don't like it. Where is the teamwork? Factions pulling together to help each other out during the arena, alliances between friends, most strategies would involve someone knowing their own name.

7. alka

alka Banned

The search bar could come into effect at a later stage of the Arena when players figure out who is who.

That's what's happening now!

8. I suggested something like that before, Nobody will ever know who's who till the very end or til they die. Everyone goes in. 1 Person is left standing.

But it was shot down as in Its about Teams or what not. Hopefully they will be a little more pleasant with your idea :)

Very nice job.

9. So what

So what Member

Alka well done love it just ONE thing it only affects about 20 or so ppl hiding their health total as its easy to find out whom the high levels are outside that am all for it ...excellent idear

10. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Do you mean the reward? I do think there should be more to protect everyone's anonymity, however, some people are not worth taking down (to me) if their reward is low. Also, a high level is obvious when you attack them, they take major hits to your health, so hiding the reward would not help with this. I know immediately when I attack someone of your level, I know I am attacking you or a handful of others near your level.

I am not sure I like this idea, half the fun is working together and going after targets, like in the regular game.

I would like our avatars hidden, apparently there are very few female butchers out there.

11. slave

slave Member

sure try it out, why not,

it wont change any of the top players though, in case you guys havent been paying attention
    the top players in arena are always in the top 20, regardless of format, glitch, exploit, throttle, slowdown
    its always the same people, do you know why?

cuz they are good players
    they are really good players

they arent getting fat on mythical alt accounts, there is no need, these players can kill anyone, why would they go after a low paying alt account when there are 1400 targets in arena every time. and its easy to see if they are worth your while, you attack them once or twice ascertain whether xp is worth the stamina and health reward is worth the time.

i know when it gets down to crunch time, there will be a certain group of players still in the hunt, because, a) they put in their time to get to that point and b) they know what they have to do to survive and they put that into play.

i never have any problems finding a target, and i dont go after high health targets cuz guess what? those are the people that will mess me up and i will mess them up and it doesnt do neither one of us any good to take each other out early. and when i say high health targets, i mean high reward targets, high reward targets are usually but not always the top players, why would anyone starting out go for someone they cant take out?? its the quickest way to free up your evening......

as far as cheating goes in arena, im dying to know what you mean by that.....
    the only cheating ive seen is kano handing 18 trillion in health to someone....

12. alka

alka Banned

Completely untrue. They have more stamina, that's all!!

As for alts paying low dividends, not if people are loading those alts with health, and we are not talking of the odd account.

"i never have any problems finding a target" 40 Kills in 3 hours I think you played, according to you? You seem to do better than most at finding targets that no one else spots and snipes!!

"as far as cheating goes in arena, im dying to know what you mean by that....." I guess you are kidding, aren't you?

If this idea was implemented I would see not problem with removing the Throttle, and most players know the reason why!

13. Jim Wells

Jim Wells Member

this seems like half of an idea, it could work kind of. not sure why you think teaming up with people is cheating? please explain that to me. i am a firm believer in getting the alts out of the arena, you can only play one account at a time therefor entering your illegal alternate account then killing it really is cheating. why not just find the alts the easy way tho? Kano has the ability to look at all the accounts, if they see a noob playing like a seasoned vet (such as hit list hunting at lvl 5), ban them.

14. So what

So what Member

Has to be the line of 2012

Slave has made a. Very valid point always the Same top 20 one of the reasons for this is they are long term players with let's face it an arsenal of weapons and no new account < energy riser> can possibly compete when the final few come hunting....they need a bit of longevity in the game...few more calanders and Bought weapons to survive

Also it's about skill and patience

There will be blood ....I heAr ya but sometimes the reward is too big a give away..it's almost a target on your back at your level 200 k +++++ it's difficult to distinguish who's who ...was gutted to see such little interaction from Hm this arena I think all your attacks have to be the lowest yet disappointing but I do think Marty has a point that all of you have missed

Irrespective of who gives us a name they can't control the chats .........so who says we can't say what our screen is showing......but I do believe it should be only given at the opening second....like when u find out your final load out....think it will help in the overall game...that way even if the Account only joined for exp with no intention of playing and are not online to send the name ...for a kill ALL the better
    Lets see if the throttle is off for u next arena ...let the games commence

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  15. So what

So what Member

One more thing ....just one

Why have we never had more than 1500 enter the arena ???? No one think that odd? Apparently on world boss we have 300 k playing

Mad world that

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like the reasonings behind this idea but in the end I think to much elsewhere would be sacrificed if an update like this was implemented. Im not willing to take away a low to mid levels only real shot at competing other than to remain inactive.

17. Mer De Noms

Mer De Noms New Member

you know, i never thought about that either til you brought it up, and out of the 1500 that do enter...how many actually play? 100? 200? that is very very very odd when there are many many many players that are above lvl 660. i wrote it off to people being disinterested, but even if that factors in i would think out of 300k playing....as a low ball guess...maybe 20k would at least enter?? you would think so anyway. good thought so now im wondering where the heck is everyone?

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Agreed...shocker.

19. So what

So what Member

Afraid very afraid. Lol but I'd like to know that too lol

20. So what

So what Member

You've lost me kris they stand a bigger chance ....how do u reckon they don't ?