Moderators have to be imparcial, right?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crisom Melo, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In a FB group I am not a Moderator I am in many FB groups way, before I became a Mod, one thing has nothing to do with the other I am not a Mod anywhere but in this Forum, I hope that clears it up. Here in the forum when I delete something as a Mod it is because something got off track or someone was nasty to another person. As a Player I am entitled to my opinion on game matters , Just as if I was not a Moderator.

2. Himself

Himself New Member

Linda, just one question to you: are you a member of that group where they posted all that bad words about Overking (Crisom Melo)?
    And if you are a member there, do you think this is a normal and human way to speak?
    Thank you for your answer.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

What group?? I am in many groups mainly for boss sharing in 3 of my games, I do not get involved with drama's that do not pertain to me, in fact I try to stay out of other people's drama's. I know there is some history between guilds, armada's factions, and syndicates, VC is not the only game where drama and nasty things get said I have been playing online games for some times now and believe me what goes on in Kano games is light compared to what I have witnessed in Zynga games

4. Himself

Himself New Member

I think the name is FFF (false friends forever or something), is easy to see the group comments.

5. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Some very interesting reading there don you think

6. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

If you want some screenshots i can send. this is all to we have sure that we need moderators if they play in 2 teams, bring information privilegized to a few players and the others thousands players dont have this, why have mods?

7. Well i am not surprised, but thanks Cris to expose here the dirty laundry. I'm your guild mate, someone that appreciate you very much.

8. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

That are we many to do

9. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Crisom, I've removed your transcription of the FB group conversation, as it violates a number of sections of our Code of Conduct. I will, however, respond to your specific questions about the issue in a message.

As for the general questions about Moderators participating in discussions in Facebook groups, Moderators are absolutely allowed to belong to groups, and participate in the smaller non-forum communities as regular members.

I think that there has been a misunderstanding around what was discussed in the group you were quoting, and I wanted to clear it up for everyone. For this particular conversation, a player was asking about an account that they had reported as having violated our Terms of Use. Any player is able to send a report through to Support, and we don't reveal the results of investigations, or action taken on accounts. We have, however, recently changed how frozen accounts are displayed, which means that players themselves can essentially check if an account has been frozen by attempting to go to their profile link, which is what this conversation was about. Nothing these players were talking about was private information, although I can understand how it might be perceived this way.

Hopefully that clears things up about this situation.

10. Well i think VKF is a fantastic guild with marvellous persons, and we are really a team, we work as a team, we love team work, we love our friends we don't spend our time critysing nobody in groups, we play, we slap we kill we do damage, not happy? Sorry if we are too good!

11. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

and all of you are out of the thread. Can you back to right discussion please?

12. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

WOW...new members of the forum ...hmmm...they have a voice today ...i am amused and at the same time not even shocked at the posts up here today...i suggest some of you take off those rose colored glasses...and see whats really going on ..but then again a piper is good at what they do....even in fairy tales...!

13. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hey Everyone, I've removed a lot of the accusations and arguments from this thread, and closed it down as it originated because of a situation between these two groups of players.

I realize that there are some long-running issues between these groups, and I would ask both sides to take a moment and remember that you play games to have fun. Please don't post insulting or abusive posts about other players, as it certainly doesn't help anyone have fun, and simply takes away from the games. If you don't like someone, take it out on them in game. The games are meant to be combative, and their are limits set to prevent players from going over the top, so go at it! Go fight! Remember that you're all human beings, and that you don't need to insult eachother!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.