Moderation by the Moderators

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by who me?, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh yeah,that was intentional :)

Just checking to see if your paying attention.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

aren't you just a ray of sunshine

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree that historically Kano has been very inconsistent when it comes to who and what they censor, I was censored once and I still feel it was unjustified and dealt with in an extremely insensitive way, especially when I witness what is still going on in the games to this day. But in Kanos defense I really dont think there is any favoritism..... I just think the scope of the issue is mammoth and they're a gazillion variables and extenuating circumstances that can come into play in situations like these

4. I dont agree with everything you said in this tread, But in general what you say in the quote I totally agree with.

You have at least one thing right. In real business/world, a moderator/voluntary can't say one thing as a private person and then something else as moderator. If Kano can not vouch for everything a moderator says, then they shouldn't have them as moderators.

5. alka

alka Banned

Spot on....

6. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I think that there have been quite a few good points brought up from this thread, and I appreciate that the discussion was kept mostly civil and respectful.

I certainly agree that in an ideal world, we would have an army of moderators who volunteered their time to do nothing but moderate the forums and had no involvement with the game, but unfortunately that isn't a realistic expectation.

Our Moderators are a dedicated group of players who volunteer their time in the interest of helping the community get even more awesome. They have a range of experience levels in the different games, and because of this are able to not only moderate the forums, but act as guides for new players and liasons for existing groups who choose not to come to the forums.
    Like any other community member, they have the preferences, biases, and grudges that come from playing our combative style of game.

We allow them the freedom to continue to interact in the community like any other member, because it would be rather lame and boring if they weren't allowed to participate in discussions or suggest ideas. They are absolutely expected to remain civil and respectful, just as any other community member is. As I've mentioned before, you're welcome to report specific interactions you find objectionable to me either through a message or through community@kanoapps.com. It's worth noting that many online gaming communities allow their moderators the same freedoms (in fact I borrowed the font-colour posting procedure from another company's forums.)

As I've also mentioned before, we are always looking for additions to the community volunteer team, so if you feel you can be as objective and unbiased as you ask of our volunteers, please email me at community@kanoapps.com. If you aren't willing to volunteer the time yourself, I'd ask that you respectful of those who do.

And because I can't express this sentiment enough, click here. Spoiler: It's an animated gif involving Tom Cruise

Also, I've closed this thread down as I feel we've wrung a significant amount of discussion out of the topic. If you feel you didn't get the chance to say something or have any questions about this topic, feel free to message me or contact me through community@kanoapps.com

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.