Moderation by the Moderators

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by who me?, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who me?

who me? New Member

Not impressed with a moderator shooting sarcasm at a player for any reason and under any circumstances on a KANO APPS board that is run by KANO.

If you work for KANO then you represent your company. You never know who is reading this board and for all you know, it may be a potential investor, client, or someone in your profession.

The blatant favoritism toward some players and complete indifference toward others is annoying.

If I find something objectionable or suspicious I won't forward it to KANO APPS SUPPORT because I don't think that all emails are read with an open mind. Judging from what I have seen on these boards from the MODERATORS I can't be bothered wasting my time sending anything to anyone who who shows a distinct lack of professionalism and then justifies this with excuses that lack common sense.

If you choose to continue to run this board then please show respect for the people who bother to take the time to post whether you agree with it or not.

These people, whether you like them or not, are your clientele.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

"The opinions expressed in this message are in no way the official views of KANO/APPS and are of a personal nature"

Problem solved, that was the mods personal nature, read every mods signature, that should be in there some where.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Mods are players first.

What's the problem if one wants to shoot some sarcasm when posting as a PLAYER(black text)

If it were posted in GREEN text then you might have a case.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LOL. When a mods reply/comment is green then its official moderator biz.....otherwise they r just another forum member. They reply your referring to was in obvious response to even heavier sarcasm by a member that is known to often be in violation of forum rules and apparently enjoys a bit of sarcasm themselves. Perhaps if they cant take it they shouldnt dish it out? As a long time forum member I was not offended nor did I see any out of line behavior by the mod in question......on the contrary i only saw a tasteful lil jab that pointed out a bit of hypocrisy. ;)

5. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I will tell you why. Because its obvious that this particular moderator took a shot and then hid behind his black type. Any reasonable human would call that inappropriate. Especially since I said nothing about leaving the game. It was uncalled for and reflects poorly on his position.

Cmon how can you even argue that. I dont think players should be moderators. There are factions in this game and its obvious about whose faction that one is in. I did not apply to become a moderator because I knew I could not be objective

6. Craig Day

And when have I been in violation of forum rules? Have not posted in months.

7. who me?

who me? New Member

Once again, you have all responded to my post without actually reading the full import:

How do you know that someone who just started to play the game, and who is now reading these forums, isn't a POTENTIAL INVESTOR?

$$$$$$$$ down the drain because of a snide comment by a moderator, whether the post is in GREEN or in BLACK.

You just never know...

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hey mods are PLAYERS first.

As a former mod with my ATHEISTIC SATANIST account(I basically kicked myself off of being a mod not because of complaints of me being a biased mod which i was not)I was still a player first.

Now what was the point of this thread other than to cause drama?

9. who me?

who me? New Member

Glad you kicked yourself off.

10. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Here im a player so i can say this,who me?

Its obvious that your microscopic brain cant comprehend what we are trying to tell you, so ill make it simpler for you.

Mod is player, mod can post there view as player or mod understand that?

I hope my caveman talk helped you out.

11. alka

alka Banned

BULLSHIT!!
    A moderator should be professional at all times and not add personal views that cause offence.
    If a Moderator don't like what WE post they can delete it, we can't delete their's.!!!!
    We had this crap with Deltan and where is he now???

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

As a former mod a mod is a player first.

Long as they post using the proper color what is the problem?

No good ever comes out of threads like these.

Only furthers the drama.

Although a certain "admin" was out of control at one point.

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you Lord for clarifying, and let me add as Moderators we do not work for Kano, we are not employees, we do not get paid , we volunteer our time, to help players navigate the forum and point them in the right direction for support issues, point the dev's to a thread that may need an immediate response and last but not least we are players first, hope that clears it up. :)

14. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I've closed this thread temporarily as the discussion was turning into insults, and I wanted to take a moment to address some of the points brought up about Moderators.

@Who Me? As Akkhunter, Polish, and Linda, and Breakfield all mentioned, Moderators are players volunteering their time out of love for their games to keep the forums a fair place to talk about the games. They aren't Kano employees, and don't officially represent us, as stated in their signatures. I do realize that this duality can be confusing, which is why one of the first things I implemented when I took on the role of Community Manager here at Kano was to have the mods post in Green when they carry out their moderator duties, and black when they post as regular community members. It's very important to note that they are entitled to post their opinions as much as anyone else on the forums. They do not give up being a part of the community by being moderators, they simply have more responsibility as they're expected to keep threads on track, answer questions, and delete/move threads as appropriate.
    That being said, they are expected (like all other community members) to be civil and respectful while engaging in forum discussions. As we all know, the boards aren't always civil and respectful, but we all do our best. If you feel that this wasn't the case, you're welcome to send me a private message or email community@kanoapps.com to let me know.

@Alka Moderators are perfectly entitled to their opinions, and can certainly have disagreements with other players. We ask, like all members, that they do so civilly and respectfully. Moderator abilities don't factor into this discussion, because they're only used to keep threads on track, remove trolling, and other appropriate actions to keep the forums respectful and civil. Again, if you feel a moderator has deleted one of your posts erroneously please send me a message or email about it.

Moderators are extremely hardworking volunteers, and the forums couldn't exist without them. We are also always looking to grow our team, so if you feel you can do position justice, feel free to email me at community@kanoapps.com and I'll send you an application.

I'm going to reopen the thread now for comments and questions, but please keep both respectful and civil.

15. kayjay

kayjay Guest

i misunderstood what craig was saying the the thread i said i was sorry

16. Craig Day

I can appreciate what you said. But it just seems me a conflict of interest. I was just a little taken aback that a moderator would make a comment like that. My game rivals yes. I have never run into a set up like this before in my life. A Moderator was supposed to be neutral and have no opinion. If I was a moderator I would act as one and give up my right to comment as a player. I rarely post in here and will continue that habit. The only reason I have posted in the last few days was that I was alerted to a post that was made. Trust me I wont be posting much. I find the attitude of most in here to be arrogant and puffed up with self importance and any difference of opinion is either discounted or the thread eliminated. You all enjoy yourself. BTW Polish still willing to hear when I violated rules in here. In fact the only name calling I saw was from your good buddy who announced he was leaving. He is still here BTW

17. Craig Day

Apology accepted

18. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thanks craig

19. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm....so i guess that wasnt u just 2 days ago in the now closed "enough is enough" thread?

20. Craig Day

Polish I did not violate any Forum rules in that thread. Not gonna argue with you because I know it will not be useful. So you just have a nice day. Why dont you ask Kano what they thought of my actions that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.