Moderating of the World chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Oct 17, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

As Ive said before...Its about the rules applying equally to all. 99.9% of the time I could care less what someone says about me. Is 100% about fairness. Kano is the judge and they can and have swung the ban hammer so I think thats a perfect example. Rules are very important...you cant decide to uphold some and not others or apply them to some people and not others and expect others to respect them. Things can easily spiral out of control which Ive seen countless times in the WC. Basically it becomes a mob mentality and more often than not the instigators or repeat offenders goes unpunished.

I dont give a crap about the normal smack talking...I actually enjoy it and think its good for the games. But accusations of cheating is different. If u accuse someone of using an alt or any other type of cheating here in the forums it it is quickly deleted and u r then warned , suspended or banned depending on the offense or the number of offenses. Why wouldnt the same hold true for the WC? Which gets more traffic...the WC or the forums?
    I apologize if I took your words out of context but I dont believe I did.

Your right....I didnt teach my children to play VC (although oldest boy did play for a minute)...I taught them to be honest caring, respectful and with integrity in every aspect of their lives...if they happened to play VC...I would expect to see that here as well. Dont take me wrong...Im no Angel and Ive had more than my fair share of slips both in life and in this game. I also understand that people lose their cool and have momentary lapses in judgement. Im not asking for a Nazi state here. What Im hoping is that Kano will take care of the players that are blatant repeat offenders....the ones losing their cool on a daily basis. Not the players that let an F bomb slip now or have a momentary lapse because they let someone get under their skin......Im talking about the players who go to the WC nearly every day and purposely and maliciously thumb their nose at Kanos rules and make false allegations or are being extremely vulgar.

2. polishpimp

This is about far more than 1 person.

3. ben

ben Active Member

so you say...right...

i think i asked mi7ch so in all do fairness im waiting for his reply on it...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  4. polishpimp

Although all the things youve mentioned here are not true...some of them are and I was banned from the WC for doing so. I excepted responsibility for my actions and rode out my suspensions and have since been extra diligent in not letting it happen again. Thats precisely my point of this thread. Everyone has not been treated equally. I completely understand that it must be difficult for Kano to monitor all the chats all the time but thats what the "report" option is for. But that does not seem to be monitored consistently as well. To Kanos credit I do see/hear that one particular repeat offender has been temp. banned from the WC. To that I say Kudos to Kano and ty for trying to do whats best for all their players.

5. ben

ben Active Member

all i have said is i see alot that goes on in wc ... im not going to lie thats for sure...

6. Bjorn Nilsson

Bjorn Nilsson New Member

For anyone who is offended by someone making themselves look like idiots, there is a close button to turn the chat off. It is a pretty simple solution, folks!

Battle on!!!

7. i am, sure i have said something to get myself banned but i do find it weird that the last post was a link for rewards then it posted i was banned maybe a email or a link to look at what the offense was that got me banned. i personally dont care if banned or not but it would be nice to see it in writing why .. all i got to say about that ps once banned is there a way you can get it removed i dont add no one from it or even pay much attention to it now

8. pss and how did i get banned across the apps i never used mob war free chat yet i am banned ?

9. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

In my opinion, if any game has TOU then it should enforce them if necessary. Alternatively, don't put things in your TOU you are not prepared to enforce. On another practical note, the way it works is a bit irritating. A small window that you need to scroll back through to find the start of any thread, then someone else comments & you are thrown back to the start again. It can be a waste of time trying to follow a thread unless it has all gone quiet & nobody posts whilst you are reading. Not a big issue I agree as WC is only an extra to the game anyway, but if you are going to add a feature at least make it work sensibly for the players. Thank you.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually Brosnik if open world chat and grab the slider to the right side, it won't scroll down to newest comment, if wanna read it. Just hold click and scroll up.
    Capture1111.PNG

11. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Thanks Matt, I'll give that a go. I probably relax my clicking finger when I read or something and it jumps to the last comment which has just been added. I also often click on who said something to see what level they are so the WC has jumped whilst I was doing that and I have to go back and find where I was yet again.