[LCN] Lets make your "Death Count" relavent

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Philip Graves, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

The more you get killed in most fighting games; the weaker your player becomes.....Thats the norm. In LCN (I dont play the other KANO games) your death count doesnt affect your player in the least bit. The game does everything to protect you when your being killed. Its a fighting game and deaths should be relavent. I do understand the controls as it can be easy for more powerful players to completely destroy you. So I have an idea that makes the death count relavent and doesnt play into bullies so much.
    Here we go. My suggestion is to up the XP for players who have lower death counts (for their XP range on the game). so that a level 1000 with a low death count might gain 500 XP for a fight win while another level 1000 with a high death count might only gain 200 XP for the same fight win. It makes deaths more than just a stat and makes players not want to get killed so much.
    I think this would reward the more powerful players and would be a fair way to make hitlisting people a major thing...Like it should be IMO...

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Don't expect much support on this one.

3. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

LOL... I never do...

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

So the more you die, the less XP you get?

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

1 star : not liking this idea too much

6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

1 star i dont like this idea, i think that it is fine the way it is now

7. ben

ben Active Member

yea its all right the way it is...

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So the higher the level u get the less u get? UMMMM....think ya got it backwards if thats the case

9. alka

alka Banned

It's a step in the direction, but not quite there.

10. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

The amount of XP you would gain or lose would be relative to the average death count for other players in your XP range. So, yes, if you have a super high death count than you would gain less XP until you reach a tier where your death count falls within the average range again.

11. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

Not necessarily... The amount of XP you would gain or lose would be relative to the average death count for other players in your XP range. So, yes, if you have a super high death count than you would gain less XP until you reach a tier where your death count falls within the average range again. It wouldnt be permanent, it would just slow you down a little until you get to an XP range with higher average death counts.

12. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

Any suggestions?

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I can already see how this would never work.

Some get chained so much their death count will keep on rising.

Even if there's a 24hr pause..the amount of listings can be super high still.

Add in the fact you die on rigs and even counters sometimes plus punches can be fatal.

Just honestly not feeling this one....but hey who knows it just might go through.

14. polishpimp

So there would be no allowance for the length of time played? seems to me that the longer u played the more likely your death count would be higher. seems odd that the longer u played the more u would be penalized....not a good way to reward the loyal customer in my book

15. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

Well.....Thats a good point... This is why I love talking to you guys about ideas... I guess they could make it an average of death count per day instead of an overall death count average. For instance...A level 1000 that has played for 1000 days with a death count of 1000 would have an average of a death per day. Take the same guy but with a death count of 500 and they would average 1/2 death per day and then combine that number with the average at your XP range.

Maybe something like that? Im just looking for some way to make your death count mean something in the game.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  16. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Umm no, for me i happen not to care about my k/d ratio. But i do care how fast i can level. And being at level 2.7k i need around 67k exp to level (Im talking about VC), and for a strong oppenet that i beat the most iv seen for me is 258. Now, since i have over 2k deaths, i should get only lets say 150 tops for exp? No this idea is so not right i voted it 1/10. And what about those people who are weak and get killed by people alot? I know people my level, 2.7k ish that only have 97 clan. And me having 1502, kill them almost everytime, is that fair for the person with 97 to have to work so much harder because of people killing them? no its not, now lets turn it on me. I like to mess with a certain person, because they are a guild enemy, and they happen to kill me everytime they attack me. Is that fair for me to have to work so much harder? No. (Im sure most of you know who im talking about when i say "Certain person" lol).

17. polishpimp

I understand your reasoning(i think), but isnt ones death count already relevant as they lose XP each and every time they die? Not sure if I can get on board either way u workit. If a player has a higher death count....giving them extra XP because of that would seem to dimish the the whole idea of killing them in the first place would it not? Where on the other hand if u gave them less XP it would just seem like adding salt to the wound. Not trying to trash your idea.....but couldnt the same result be achieved by simply adjusting the amount of XP lost when killed either up or down?

If a players battle XP was in part dependent on their death count....I think it would open a lot of players up to rivals slapping attacking and listing them even more in an effort to kill them so they would get worse XP moving forward (im all for promoting more interaction, but I think the whinier crowd might cry bully even louder....lol), If it was flip flopped than players would be killing themselves more often to raise the XP the got per battle.

Seeing as ones death count actually does play a big part due to the large amount of XP loss per death...Im thinking its best left alone. A lot of players have suggested that killing someone should count for more as well (im all for that....at least we should get achievements)....but some of the same issues arise like it promoting more slaps, attacks and bounties and once again the whinier, peace loving basket weaving mobbies, vikings and pirates would get their undergarments in a bunch......lol. Once again...not trying to bash your idea......just thinking it might have some unplanned results as well

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  18. Eraser

Eraser Member

Death count does actually mean something in the game. It means XP lost. The higher the deathcount... the more XP lost over the timeperiod.

The more deaths, the harder it is to level.

Sure. In the low levels if you stacked your character with a lot of stamina and energy, Its easy to shake off a few deaths in stride, but you start to reach the higher ranks, and 5 deaths in one level can add 8 hours before you level up.

Its fine the way it is, I think you just need to keep playing and rank up, Then tell me deaths dont make you weaker.

19. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

Im level 1100+.......What level do I need to get to when my death count catches up to me and slows me down? Also, I played the original. Im around level 4k on that and getting listed on the LCN version is a cakewalk in comparison. The devs are paying too much attention to the whiners and not enough to the killers. Deaths really dont slow you down enough to matter IMO.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think any of us like this idea and the more you say about it the more I dislike it lol