January 3rd Developers Update - Inventory System (Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loren, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Loren

Loren Administrator

Pirate Clan has just adopted our new Inventory System, which helps players to easily manage and assess inventory levels. This feature is still in the Beta stage while we continue to improve it, so please provide any constructive feedback you may have.

Feature Outline
    - Select the inventory type you wish to view from the menu on the left hand side.
    - Sort your inventory by Attack or Defense by using the yellow arrows on the top banner.
    - Select the amount using the drop down menu available on each item.
    - Hover over a Buy Sell/Drop button to see the impact of performing that transaction.
    - View your Item Summary on the left hand side of the page, where your character image is located.

The mouse over details on applicable items include:
    - How many items are used when attacking another Clan Leader.
    - How many items are used when defending against another Clan Leader.
    - Attack value before and after making the proposed transaction.
    - Defense value before and after making the proposed transaction.
    - Impact on total upkeep.

While in the Beta stages, we will leave links up to the previously existing inventory pages. Click the Original System link, then select the item type from the modal.

Happy New Year!

2. farmgirl19C

farmgirl19C New Member

Inventory system

The new system is horrible! It is ridiculously complicated and very user-unfriendly. It is not acceptable. I will continue to play Viking Wars, but I'm thisclose to dumping Pirate Wars over this untenable change for the sake of change.

3. Loren

Loren Administrator

Specifically, what part of the inventory system are you finding complicated? The goal of the new system is to give players as much information as they need to make decisions about adding / removing items from their players inventory.

We still have the feature tagged as beta, so will continue to enhance it and make it as usable as possible. Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

4. i have to say i agree the new system is not that great.it does get confusing sometimes.

5. Loren

Loren Administrator

What parts in particular are you finding confusing? Maybe we could simplify the information a little, possibly clean up the layout.

6. it needs to get broken down a bit better.

god items and special items need there own section.having it all clumped together is way too confusing and takes longer to find what we're looking for.

if those items were in a separate section it would make it less confusing.

7. Loren

Loren Administrator

That is good feedback, we are going to work on filter which will help you trim the fat. I will include filters for hiding god items, items with upkeep, drop items, special items, etc.

Thank you, we will let you know when that is ready to go live.

8. cant wait.thank you for the quick replies.

9. Loren

Loren Administrator

Thanks again everyone for your feedback, we just released the updated layout. Please take some time to test it out and see that it suits your needs. Any additional feedback or recommendations, let us know and we can see about getting them worked in.