[FB] INVITE EX-MAFIA Referral System

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Friendly Fire, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Some troubling reports to be reading here. Like @Kirsten said, it's not our group and we don't control it at all, and we also don't have time to monitor it to catch all the posts with tickets and investigations we've got to do. The idea of joining these groups (I'm in quite a few) is to be able to reach players where they are and where they find it easy to reach us; I think we used to have official fan groups in the past, but they weren't very popular so we didn't keep them up. If you guys want to start your own group to help new players, I'm sure both they and us would appreciate your help!

Re: admissions of alt use, for one thing Facebook now assigns unique IDs for apps, so it's sometimes tough to nail down a player in-game just via their Facebook profile unless they have a public email or post their game name or ID. If these folks have mentioned their actual game accounts to you and you'd like to report them so we can investigate, we'd appreciate that. In the past you could look up a player's ID easily, but Facebook is trying to add more protection around that now. Regardless though, we do look for account sharing and stuff like that when we see admissions, and if we can verify it's actually happening through our own tools, we step in. I think it's only fair to make sure we have hard evidence on it before banning someone's account.

That abuse of the referral system, basically if a player has B and C accounts we'd be able to detect that whether they were referred by another player or not. There are ways people try to circumvent our detection systems, but we're always working on improving them to avoid that. We're certainly happy to look into anyone you guys find suspicious, and we're doing our own proactive searches too to vet people who are using the referral system.

I promise this is a serious issue for us, guys. It's something we discussed a lot before rolling out the Referrals system and something we're always working to combat and improve. Nobody wants the game to be full of alt accounts, I don't think's fun or good for business.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd like to jump in on this, KANO has stated to me many times if someone admits cheating via "Facebook messages" they basically will do nothing, because it's not in-game. However, if they used KANO channels like via messages/world chat within game will. No clue on that reasoning myself. :confused:

Zoe Bell likes this.
  3. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

I am sorry @Scoughman but when a player openly admits to having alts and I send undeniable proof (something that would stand up to jury scrutiny) and then I see nothing is done at all what Message do you think it sends to me and other players?

You claim to have tools to detect them but your inability to act shows that these "tools" are just ip detection and this is very easily circumvented.

Regarding abuse of the referral system involving player A, B and C. It is obviously being done on a grander scale than just 3 players being involved and you are simply NOT detecting it despite what you say because I have seen these players still actively playing and bragging about it. Again what message do you think this sends to other players?

By failing to act you are effectively condoning this behaviour as everyone is seeing that there is no punishment.

And please don't think that my mentioning things like this is just a one man crusade because it is not. People bring things to me and this is happening more and more frequently and they ask me to post their concerns as I am what we would call vociferous to say the least. There is a group, of which you are not a member yet, where hundreds of people are posting their concerns and are getting angrier all the time at Kano's inability to act

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Zoe Bell and Kirsten like this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Thank gawd LCN was guinea pigs with this fiasco, boot the whole concept....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Zoe Bell and Kirsten like this.
  5. sable

sable New Member

Scoughman, you say you dont remove accounts without hard evidece, funny how my son stopped playing 18 months ago and when he went on to look last month it said account closed, have told him to put id in, but he dont care for game anymore, he was a legit player and annoys me that friendly sent u guys hard evidence and nothing is done

Zoe Bell and Tony_G like this.
  6. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

What is troubling here is that Kano continue to turn a blind eye to cheating, Kano openly admit that even if there is proof undeniable proof of cheating they do not ban ( I can proove this too)

Generally the issues we look into are cases where two or three accounts seem to be linked more closely than usual. This kind of connection can be the result of alternative/fake accounts or shared accounts, but can also be the result of multiple separate players frequently accessing the game via the same internet connection. We look into all cases like these, but when players have provided sufficient information that there is reasonable doubt that multiple account use has taken place, we do not take action against their accounts.

Tatum S.
    Kano/Apps Support
    Staff

What is troubling as a whole is that Kano Mod/dev are "CORRUPT", how so & this has been prooven again just recently & is a well known fact, has been for years, Kano staff are either instructed or by freewill ( of their own corrupt choice ) not operating by the companies own TOS, turning a blind eye to anybody whom spends money on the game, this alludes to corruption within Kano.

Numerous people have submitted tickets, even before the MW players, came along about people sharing accounts or even having alt accounts within the game & they have not been banned, why because they spend money on the game & thus are free to do as they please within this game!

I think this thread should turn into a poll & the questions should be thus:-
    Are you satisfied that Kano (Devs/Mods) are following the companies TOS?
    a) Yes
    b) No

The result of the poll is out, the majority of the players base have voted & the answer is "NO".
    It is therefore my opinion that Kano staff should be replaced with new members of staff that operate within the TOS of the company.

Scouhman/Tatum/Mitch etc please clear your desks & leave the building you are corrupt!

Feel free to delete this post, I'm going to copy it and put it up on FB now!

Zoe Bell likes this.
  7. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

What is troubling here is that Kano continue to turn a blind eye to cheating, Kano openly admit that even if there is proof undeniable proof of cheating they do not ban ( I can proove this too)

Generally the issues we look into are cases where two or three accounts seem to be linked more closely than usual. This kind of connection can be the result of alternative/fake accounts or shared accounts, but can also be the result of multiple separate players frequently accessing the game via the same internet connection. We look into all cases like these, but when players have provided sufficient information that there is reasonable doubt that multiple account use has taken place, we do not take action against their accounts.

Tatum S.
    Kano/Apps Support
    Staff

What is troubling as a whole is that Kano Mod/dev are "CORRUPT", how so & this has been prooven again just recently & is a well known fact, has been for years, Kano staff are either instructed or by freewill ( of their own corrupt choice ) not operating by the companies own TOS, turning a blind eye to anybody whom spends money on the game, this alludes to corruption within Kano.

Numerous people have submitted tickets, even before the MW players, came along about people sharing accounts or even having alt accounts within the game & they have not been banned, why because they spend money on the game & thus are free to do as they please within this game!

I think this thread should turn into a poll & the questions should be thus:-
    Are you satisfied that Kano (Devs/Mods) are following the companies TOS?
    a) Yes
    b) No

The result of the poll is out, the majority of the players base have voted & the answer is "NO".
    It is therefore my opinion that Kano staff should be replaced with new members of staff that operate within the TOS of the company.

Scouhman/Tatum/Mitch etc please clear your desks & leave the building you are corrupt!

Feel free to delete this post, I'm going to copy it and put it up on FB now!

Zoe Bell likes this.
  8. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Basically, @JADES, if it happens in our own games we have proof that it really did happen. If something is happening on another network, it's possible for people to falsify information to frame others, or for a glitch on behalf of another company to make something suspicious, etc. Overall though, we never take admissions of guilt or the suspicions of other players as the final word. We always verify these kinds of statements by checking our own tools and making sure the activity is or isn't happening.

That could be what is causing confusion with your proof, @Friendly Fire. I know sometimes things can seem like incontrovertible truth, but at the end of the day, out of fairness to players, I think we need to make sure things are verifiable on our end before we act.

I can't speak for people claiming to be cheating and bragging about it, obviously that's not happening in-game otherwise we'd be watching it very closely. I know it's frustrating to hear this, but I can't go into further depth about how we monitor alts other than saying we're always working to improve it. We're certainly paying close attention to the Referrals tool because of that risk, and as always we appreciate any players you guys would like to report to us.

It hurts to hear that people think we're "corrupt" or unfit to do our jobs, @Tony_G. We're in here doing our best and trying to make a fun game for you guys, that's literally our only job is to run a fun and successful game. If people want to have a frank discussion about what we can do, and be heard, that's why I'm here.