Inbox issue

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Jager, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Jager

Jager Member

I was just ingame and a message alert appeared on the envelope. When I went in to check, there was no message. This also happened when I initially logged in today. Anyone else having this problem?

2. leo lucky

leo lucky Member

same problem here

3. T5000

T5000 Member

Yeah there definitely a problem with messages at the moment

4. self

self Member

Getting tons of messages... All are gone....

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If this continues please let us know, it may be a side effect of removing the old message system and we may have missed an entry point somewhere. I will take a look at the code this am to review what was pushed out.

6. Jager

Jager Member

Kendall,

I don't know if it was a random bug or what, but I did start getting messages again later on, maybe 2 hours or so after I posted originally.

Jager

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Should be fixed now, we missed the "Add To Squad" message box from non-squad members profile, it was actually sending through to the old inbox and updating the counter. We should be good to go now. Let us know if you have any more issues with the new messages.

8. T5000

T5000 Member

Ahhh now i see why

Theve been playing around with messages so you can't even have a conversation with your own squad

Only preempted messages

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Our goal with the messages is not to provide a world class messaging system but to provide one that would support:

a. simple pre-filled conversations with rival players where you have a recent history (if you would like some other pre-filled questions/answers/responses let us know)
    b. a way to message squad members in game with short messages with a recent history supported

All our games are on social networks and our goal is not to provide something that they already do (chat, richer messaging systems, etc).

We hope that the recent history will be a big improvement over the previous messaging system as well as separating out squad messages from non-squad.

10. baha

baha Member

I have a problem with connecting/talking with a Squad Member in that it only gives me the presets and not the option to actually write my comments :( not good as sometimes ya just gotta talk :)
    Please look in to this.
    Also if u could allow us to make up or own presets (tasteful but Fun that would be a blast~! 3 would be a good concept~! Cordial as one, another perhaps Baiting and another telling them to back off as I said ONLY in good taste and fun :)

11. wow yeah interesting bug there.preset messages to your own clan.

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Where are you trying to connect with your squad members through their profile "Send Message" button?

13. i tested it and yes hitting send message on a clan members profile will come up as the preset messages

14. Jager

Jager Member

I'm getting messages now, thank you.

The option to wite a short custom message was a nice feature, especially if you needed to talk to a squad member quickly, "that person is in my squad, could you squad up," or "Do you want me to finish your boss quickly?" You get the idea. Any chance of it coming back?

Jager

15. on pirate clan the custom message to clan works.seems to be a ZS bug

16. Jager

Jager Member

It works now, I just sent a squad member a preset message, and now I can send custom messages.

17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It should work the same in all games, so from the persons profile there is a "Send Gift" option and when you click "Send Message" the canned responses are only shown, if that is the case this is a definite bug.

18. it works now.earlier it was showing the canned responses only.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

OK, I think I got most of the inbox issues taken care off. Let us know if you encounter any issues sending, receiving and/or deleting messages.