[Forums] Ideas Status

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deltan, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hey Everyone,
    As you have probably noticed, there are a lot of ideas backlogged on here. I wanted to let everyone know that while it may seem like your ideas are getting left in limbo, this is definitely not the case. From our perspective, the Ideas forum has been a smashing success! In some respects perhaps too good of a success because we have so many ideas and only so much development horsepower. We're a small team and we get through as many of these as we can in a week. They enter the dev queue, then ultimately end up in the hands of a developer.

Some ideas are going to get fixed/changed sooner than others. This happens for a couple of reasons, one reason might be that it's already on our roadmap. Another reason is that it's a quick fix and easily taken care of, some ideas require much more involvement and need to have the time put into the schedule. Other ideas help with performance and stability, a hot topic around here lately. I'd encourage everyone to read our weekly "TGIF" posts that show up in the news & updates section of the respective games you play. This showcases what dev is working on, many of the posts revolve around ideas.

Thank you everyone for your Ideas and contributions. We are committed to listening to the community, a significant amount of dev resources are being dedicated to cranking out these changes.

2. so your going to do some changes to the games??

3. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

Thanks for coding the "minimum damage progress" on the boss page!
    Its nice to see some of our ideas getting done.

4. kayjay

kayjay Guest

yes cool idea nice one !

5. Maler

Maler Member

yeah, but at some bosses it doesn't apply. mostly at rock giant and below, it doesn't say Complete.

6. Yeah, it also didn't work on the Noms, but I posted the issue and Smack said they'd get on it tomorrow, I believe.

Also, I don't think it'll work on Minotaur and below since they don't have a minimum required for a drop. At least, last I checked they didn't.

7. Works fine for me.

[​IMG]

8. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Also have to agree with Kul i can see it perfect and the snapshot he took is showing exactly the way it is on the original post by deltan. Not sure why you cannot see it wheler.

9. alka

alka Banned

While this may be the case, you are neglecting areas of concern that have been pointed out to you on many occasions.
    WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SORT OUT THE JUMPING SCREEN????????????????????????

We are even getting page changes if we attack an attacking player too fast!! It's jumping to "Help", which means we have to go back and get attackers link. By then we are either dead or in er or they are hiding. It's making the game unplayable at times.

So while you want to motivate people into joining the game you really need to work on keeping them here.

I rated "idea status/ ideas" as 1 because you can't enhance an engine until it's running smooth on all four cylinders!!!

10. Deltan

Deltan Member

I have personally experienced the jumping screen, are you using Chrome or FireFox on Facebook; these are apparently the worst for it. From what I've been told so far, a lot of the jumping has to do with Facebook and the css/js that they serve, ie- we have no or little control. The other issue is, we know from experience if we start messing about with the way the games work today (even if we agree they're broken) there are people that are going to complain that we "changed" it and "ruined" the experience. Can't please everyone. I am still on the side of wanting to fix the jumping. Is there an idea posted for this? There should be, I'll vote that sucker up myself lol.

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

For starters it would be nice that the oldest ideas with high ratings get taken care of first, time after time its newer ideas that have lesser ratings that are being push thru first. Yes i understand that some ideas may have already have being worked on, but it seems odd that the ideas the devs happen to like or comment on just so happen to be the ideas getting pushed through. Isnt it suppose to be what the players want? The bounty delay idea is a month old and has been completely ignored by the devs

DoNRaDu likes this.
  12. Eraser

Eraser Member

i know you guys LOVE simple, Easy ways to fix things... So i think im about to blow your mind!

JUST MOVE THE FIGHT TIPS LINK!

I cant believe i had to just say that. am I really the only one that can think of that? No it doesnt fix the jumping screen, but it does fix the fact that the screen jump brings you to a entirely different section of the game instead of just merely missing the attack button.

I also have another "jumping" issue that I would really enjoy a Fix for.

On the hitlist.. the attack button moves! "already in a fight" can make you miss 3 and 4 clicks worth of time.

My simple suggestion to this would be to affix the attack button to its own designated area, that does not move with the amount of letters that apear on the screen..

Most people just cant see the forest thru the trees.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  13. alka

alka Banned

I use chrome and don't have jumping screen issues elsewhere.
    My kids play free games all over the net created by solo developers and again no jump issues.
    I thought there was an idea for screen jump, strange because I would have had it down for bugs and issues (which seems to have gone now)
    I'll start another.

I have no issue with the HL button as fixing it in a prem spot would cause abuse.
    The fight tips button I would go along with.
    Maybe a punch button somewhere near the main attack button would help a little.

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

abuse? How???

Ya maybe it would mean less people "getting lucky"... Stealing the kill that i attacked down to the last hit... just for somone to sneak in with thier mosquito bite attacks right at the end...

Thats not abuse.

DoNRaDu likes this.
  15. StuckOnEuropa

StuckOnEuropa New Member

I think it would be neat if we could arrange our warriors and weapons in whatever order we want.
    And whenever we purchase empire, weapons or warriors we should be able to type the amount we want.
    I hate choosing from the set numbers.
    However, those are just my opinions.

DoNRaDu likes this.
  16. If you want to make something jump, make the rabbits and deer jump but leave the screen in one place. The most annoying thing I have with the jumping is when attacking and you put your opponent into the hospital and they put you there at the same time. Instead of letting you heal and get back to fighting you have to go through that crazy click here click there routine to get the heal or attack button back. If you have to tell me I have severely injured someone just tell me then get the attack button back up. Or do not even tell me I have severely injured someone cause I can clearly see their health bar. If you want to lessen clicks and clean up the game , then take that message out of the fighting scene, we really do not need it to tell us someone has been severely injured.

DoNRaDu likes this.
  17. gods people

gods people Active Member

That would be ideal for those players who use bots and scripts. one place to click.....

DoNRaDu likes this.
  18. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

so, which browser works the best for Kano games?????

19. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I rate this TEN STARS!!!!!

20. Stackford

Stackford Member

I think they really are trying to give the players what they want, but as Deltan pointed out, some changes are more time consuming to execute and/or may have a higher risk of destabilising the balance of gameplay.

DoNRaDu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.