[FB] Hitlist Blocking

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by AlterEgoT, Jan 10, 2014.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Can someone from Kano please speak to the already in a fight on the hitlist attacks?

While I understand only 1 at a time or whatever you have it set as there seems to be something going on. It's been an issue for a long time but it has gotten down right insane.

Sure feels like something is preventing users from getting through. I admit freely I am not a programmer and I am not a numbers person. However, when time and time again many of us will click 20-50 times in a row per hitlist going up and not get a single attack in while others will claim numerous in a row.

I know we all get our little runs on the HL but logic says we should be able to at least get some attacks in. I know with the way my slayer is built I'm going to have less luck hunting than many others thanks to my health and such but it's not the claiming it's the already in a fight message we get in ridiculous quantities. It's not the speed of our clicks, I've varied that to the same effect. It's not that we aren't fast enough, this happens no matter how long a list is up. While sure it's going to be worse when more folks are on, it's just ridiculous. I've sat and tried to count clicks between attacks going through and I've gotten as high as 75 before losing track.

So would someone please explain why it is so dang bad? We used to have so much more fun when things actually went through. I mean not only do you not have a chance at the claim the listed party doesn't get the rivals.

One slayer who has since quit had unheard of luck on the list hunting and claiming while I would be in chat with him and hit before he did and harder and faster and still not get an attack in.

So please kindly help us all understand just why is it that some attacks go through while others do not. Because I'm sorry we just aren't buying they got there that millionth of a second faster every single time.
    alreadyinafight.jpg

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This happens on VC as well, it's getting old real quick. Not sure if it's "BOT's" or if got to many bounties in "X" hours and seem to be hindered severely. :confused:

3. im the beast

im the beast Member

ive long time now been wanting to write something about this and i dopnt think i could have put it better ego. ive hunted this game for a long time..i know im a good hunter and the issue at hand now are crazy i mean ill sometime go long periods of time without even being able to get a hit in and alot of the time after i get 10 to 20 bountys i wont even see them..not even a flash or anything and i know there getting listed b/c ill see in feed or faction mate will say 5sec in chat then post who got the kill and nothing is even on my screen. now im not trying to cry here i mean i do have 23k hitlist kills but im telling you i know the whole hitlist ordeal is way out of hand..i dont play as many hour or even hunt like i used to b and the short time im on every day i want to have a fair chance of getting all bountys listed while im online not the bountys that kano or whatever system is set up says is ok for me...

4. im the beast

im the beast Member

for to the haters and to kano if you want ill make a vid of this and post here if you want? i dont want to waste my time if its not going to help anything...

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's exactly how you describe, multiple people are trying to attack the Hitlist target so you're sometimes unable to do it. Think of it like a doorway that allows one person in before momentarily closing. When it opens again, it needs to register all the attempts of people trying to pass through, lets one in, and then closes again and repeats the process.

With so many people attempting to enter the doorway at one time, it's not out of the realm of possibility that your position in the queue can sometimes result in you being unable to attack certain Hitlisted players. This is nothing more than the server trying to process all the calls for information that comes through when a target gets listed.

This is different from the bounty delay which has been discussed elsewhere on the forums (which we've since tuned to be less restrictive). We've also been making some adjustments to how information is processed in these cases to prevent other glitches from occurring (such as players seeing double Hitlist kills on their feed). I'll let the devs know that this is happening more frequently and get them to see if they can smooth that out a bit. :)

6. AlterEgoT

exactly. And like you I've kept saying I need to ask about this. It is severely limiting the enjoyment of the game. Finally got frustrated when I saw the same person claiming again and again and I couldn't get a single attack in and everyone in chat had the same problem :(

7. AlterEgoT

Ok fine. It's a doorway, why is it the same people getting through the doorway every time?

Because quite frankly it is not within the realm of probable odds that the same folks get through while every one else gets already in a fight 100 times in a row. They should be having the same problem.

at the point where you have COUNTED (which means you've probably at least doubled or trippled that number of tries) 100 attacks and someone else has claimed 5. Something is up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Totally agree with you, Alter, I've been experiencing the same issues. I might hit the attack button 10-20 times, and not one attack goes through, I just watch their health bar moving and get that message that the target it already in a fight. Also, I don't think there has been a huge influx of hunters recently to prevent attacks from going through.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sy mitch...but I disagree. I understand the whole "doorway" thing...but if thats the entire explanation then kano must have swapped out the french doors for a doggy door. The problem has only gotten worse. Back when there were thousands of more players playing and going for bountys this never happened...now it happens more times than not.

In regards to fine tuning the bounty delay...Ive no doubt that may be what they told u or intended to do...but what ever they did it has made no difference or was so minor its not enough to notice(or doesnt affect everyone/level). The simple truth is that not only is any bounty delays unfair as it gets from a game stand point....it a down right unfair business practice as the whole idea is to level up and get stronger to achieve more success in diff areas of the game. When one considers that Kano actually takes money in exchange for something that is direct contrast to the whole idea of the games its about as shady as it gets. Limits and restriction set forth to keep higher levels from running lower levels out of the game is one thing but punishing success and accepting money to do it is down right immoral. Kano should post disclaimers throughout the game stating that succeeding at their games will be grounds for punishment...lol

10. AlterEgoT

As both Polish and There will be blood have stated. We've less hunters but more blocks.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Odd, I was just in ZS (FB),not my main game , just doing calendars and dallies, but I saw 5 UN bounties go up , gone in a sec and nothing in my feed for " all" Events, ""all"" slayers even shows me who took the bounties down, In the other games I can usually get one of those but this was very odd. I don't care that I did not get one, but who did get them??

12. polishpimp

Ive noticed that a lot too Linda. Even when I know a clan member got it...it often times doesnt show in the feed regardless of filter setting or if it was a set bounty or a god bounty.

Way back when there was a lot more players there was a lot of complaints that all sorts of things were not showing up in the diff feeds like clan members bosses and such. Kanos response at the time was that it was a combo of some players were on diff servers and the sheer volume of info was to much to list all of it. They added new filters and eliminated some of the dead weight(useless info) from the feeds and it seemed to get better but now it seems to be making a comeback which is weird (especially on KP) considering there is but a smidgen of the players there once was.

Another very odd but not surprising thing is that when a player such as myself hits some targets on bounty (and im the only one hitting them)...I will tear off massive chunks of their health until they near death and then all of a sudden my damage will become minimal even before the kill shot. Even though the amount of damage will read the same on both my end and the targets......the depletion of the health bar and the amount of time it takes to deplete the remaining health definitely indicates that something changes for at least some of us when we near the kill shot. For an example...it may take me 4 hits @ 15k damage per hit to take a target from full health down to a 1/4 inch (of health bar showing) ...then it will take another 3-4 hits to take out their remaining health even though the game is telling both me and the target im still doing 15k damage per hit(except for the kill shot of course). Its like a governor kicks in near the end to allow other players more opportunity and to restrict first responders and those who do large amount of damage per attack. As if the delay wasnt enough...lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I just know that in the other three games I can look and see who got the bounties, whether set by players or the game generated ones ,no matter who catches them so not sure why not here, but was curious about it since the players have some issue with the bounty feature in ZS. Sometimes I notice a clanmate( who is not playing anymore) being listed by , for instance Davy Jones, so I always miss that one so use the feed to find the name in the feed so I can declan for the next time.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

While I think that Occam's Razor may be applicable here, I'll make sure that this thread is brought up to the developers. Thanks for bringing up your concerns, folks, we'll look into this further. :)

15. polishpimp

lol...hadnt heard that term in a loooong time. not sure it applies here though, as for why....we'll save that for another time and place as philosophical discussions tend to go on and on and on....lol

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

The way I see what happens "without the bounty delay" is the door is 1/2 opened if get my drift. Allowing some to get through but not others time and time again.

[​IMG]

17. AlterEgoT

Appreciate it.