[PC] Healthy Dead

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Old Salt, Jun 12, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm good with that, as long as leave health "red" bar in place.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually rethinking this, if pull up a saved PC link and hit attack the term
    "X Person has just been attacked and has been killed or be too weak to fight" Which is the confusing statement.
    I'm assuming this is what you want changed
    • This person I just tried it on, is not dead
    • They are just in the hospital

In VC, (which is already set up) this is how it looks upon doing so, with the same actions.
    • "X Person has just been attacked and is too weak to fight"
    • "X person has just been attacked and killed."
    Just change the terminology like how it's set up in VC :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

sort of. but wouldn't it be easier to actually see it on the player profile without having to check the health bar or click on anything? i think that was the point, not the message that shows AFTER you have clicked on attack/punch and THEN you find out that you can't do anything to the target at that time.

4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

That encapsulates exactly what I was trying to say: "When you see health, even if it's a small amount, then it looks like you can list or punch them." And it's frustrating to then find that they are actually dead when you try. If the bar was empty when they are dead, then you would know to move on and not bother trying to kill them.

Jade, I'm not talking about getting rid of the health bar if that's where the confusion is coming from.

Simply this:

Empty bar = dead.
    Bar 20 percent full or less = hospital.
    Bar 21 percent full or more = alive

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The player profile will also get an indicator of Dead state to indicate that they are not just healing.

Old Salt likes this.
  6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A change is going out right now to indicate the Dead status on both a players Profile and Battle Results (* only available on the "new" battle results)

[​IMG]

Battle Results (only on "new" style)
    [​IMG]

This will not be coming to the "old" style battle results as that code is ancient, unruly and is no longer being maintained ;) More reason not to "opt-out" of the updated style.

mi7ch likes this.
  7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i get it now on the new layout thanks mi7ch for letting me direct to this thread :)

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Unruly? Is there any benefits to using the new layout?

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

a step in the right direction. thanks. now is there any chance that we can get some sort of indicator on the fight list and your rig page? if not, i understand. but that would be awesome if you want us to put up more hits. :)

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I like the new format. That is what i asked for years ago. But only on the profiles for right now. Step in the right direction. However in the near future it would be nice to see on the battle list also.

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Yes, you get this Dead indicator ;) I meant unruly from a code point of view, not the UI/UX.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Dead/Healing players should not show up on the Battle List by default. The only "dead" you should see would be in the purple "undead" battle list if you have access.

JADES likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Gotcha LOL, this comment cleared up what meant, I personally like old format because of FB chat. Hinders less info, if have multiple chats open ;)

14. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Much appreciated Smack. Thanks. :)