half screen

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Erik Den Grusomme, May 15, 2011.

1. Erik Den Grusomme

Erik Den Grusomme New Member

There are only half a screen in Firefox and Explorer - will you devs:confused: look at it asap.

2. MegaViking

MegaViking New Member

Agreed! This has been going on all day now. Seriously annoying!!!!

3. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Vertically or horizontally?

For vertical, try to clear cache. Happened to me a few times.
    For horizontal, click a different link to make it load all the way (battle for example). For some reason it's not scrollable at first.

4. Nidhug

Nidhug New Member

VC is still not working properly ie. half screen in firefox and ie7

5. curtisk

curtisk New Member

is allso not working in google chrome 11.0.696.65 on linux

6. Erik Den Grusomme

Hellooo

It's time to wake up.

7. serendipity

serendipity New Member

I have tried Chrome, IE, FF and Opera on both my PC's (Vista and XP) and also have this problem with half a screen. I think it started on Friday or Saturday.

I cannot scroll and the only way for me to navigate in VC is by using 'tab'.

This problem has occured several times before but has been solved by just refreshing the page.

8. UKK

UKK New Member

Same here

I have made several complaints and I think that is exactly what we should do. They just ignore the problem. This business anyway so why not complain. I have paid money and this does not work as it should.

I have tried everything with two Vista computers and one Windows 7. I have tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, no difference.

They should now stop sitting on their hands, weekend is over. If they really are doing anything they should inform us. I assume that when there is no response anywhere nothing is happening.

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This is an issue that Facebook pushed out over the weekend that impact all canvas apps that use Facebooks supported JS SDK which we do.

"Current Status: Javscript iFrame resize issue

We are investigating an issue with Javascript iFrame resizing across some applications. Please follow bug 17577 for more information. Further updates will be posted there as they become available."

From the source: http://developers.facebook.com/live_status

Hopefully they will get it fixed shortly.

All cut off pages are almost always due to issues with Facebook.

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are just as frustrated as players are. When cut off pages happen, there is usually nothing we can do but just wait alongside with the players for Facebook to fix the issue.

We are not ignoring the problem. For other apps that are working fine, it could be that they fit with-in the default canvas height that Facebook provides or they are using a library that is no longer supported by Facebook.

11. atle

atle New Member

temp fix

Dear Kano guys, there is a way to get the application running in full height again without waiting for FB to fix the canvas overflow in the JS SDK.

In your SQDM2SSUOr-.CSS you have the following definition:
    .canvas_iframe_util{overflow:hidden;width:646px;height:800px}

Increasing the height variable fixes the problem. I didn't bother looking to much into it so I don't have a way to fix it so that the cutoff is exactly where it should be, so I just increased it to a static 3k px which is more than enough for all the different tabs (does leave some whitespace at the bottom of most pages, but that really doesn't matter imo).

//my 2 cents

12. Erik Den Grusomme

ok, what do we ordinary mortals do when we do not comprehend the source code

13. Erik Den Grusomme

Yahooooooo - we are back to full screen.

Yahooooooo - we are back to full screen.

14. Apekiller

Apekiller Member

Now I have thise problem to. Worked ok most of the time (clicked battle and it fixed itself) - but it doesn't seem to work now.

I only see what is on screen and I can't scroll down.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  15. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

This issue was fixed for most players. If you are still experiencing issues there are some things that you can try: try logging out of Facebook and clearing the cache of your internet browser as it will force a re-download of Facebook scripts, try updating your current browser, try using a different browser and try updating your Java. Hope this helps.

16. LunaOdin

LunaOdin New Member

15 days later and ppl still have issues!!!

:mad: I see this thread was started 5-15-11... it's now 5-30-11 and there are people with 1/2 page issues again/still. Both Viking Clan and Pirate Clan will only load half the page for me no matter how many times I refresh or leave and reload the games!!! I had to quit playing Zynga's Vampire Wars due to it's loading issues. This is and PC are my fav games now and I'd hate to quit them too!!! :(

17. LunaOdin

LunaOdin New Member

This doesn't work for everyone. My cache is clear and I've been logged off facebook for hours since the last time I tried to play. Still 1/2 pages loading.

18. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

We are just as frustrated as players are. When cut off pages happen, there is usually nothing we can do but just wait alongside with the players for Facebook to fix the issue.

We are not ignoring the problem. For other apps that are working fine, it could be that they fit with-in the default canvas height that Facebook provides or they are using a library that is no longer supported by Facebook.

Facebook usually pushes out changes at the beginning of the week. I have heard from some players that have had success when they upgraded their Java.

19. LunaOdin

LunaOdin New Member

:eek: Thanks for the quick reply Kano! I appreciate that as much, if not more than the game actually fully loading again lol. Too many apps never respond to posts in their forums. I understand it's a facebook issue, and now eagerly await them to fix their problems! Thanks again! :)

20. RK56

RK56 New Member

Half screens

This is still a issue. Does not work on Chrome or IE:mad:. On IE it appears to be trying to download some files and in Chrome just get half screen.
    Tried clearing cache and history with same results.