God bounties on Kong/AG and the law of unintended consequences

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Birkebeiner, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I think the God bounties are great for our server, but there's a downside... Trying to pick up bounty achievements, especially the honorable bounty one, has now become harder (I'd say it was pretty hard already) - what happens is that I try to post these bounties and usually have some luck in finding targets, but now everyone seems dead. If the God bounty "bot" crawls through the inactives 24/7, then I suspect anyone interested in getting this achievement will have to target active players. I suppose this unintended consequence could be viewed as acceptable, but I'm worried that, as the active player base is quite small, some people would find themselves constantly dead and would stop playing.

I'm posting this "issue", not because it's an issue now, but because it will become one.

George Burd likes this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

on such a small server as ours, you may have to find a friend to bounty lol, I used to do this on fb a long time ago with a friend just for fun bountying each other. do it when you lvl up you can only lose 1/2 xp below your current lvl

Birkebeiner likes this.
  3. Birkebeiner

Had thought to extend training partner "duties" to include counters - now they've got to be bounties too! I think it's going to be harder to find a training partners.

4. Birkebeiner

Had a trawl through looking for honorable bounties and couldn't find as many as usual, I'm guessing the God bot got to them before me... anyhow, anecdotal (not hard) evidence of the unintended consequence of having the bounty bot cruising 24/7.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Wow ,you guys complain sometimes about the small player base ,some have asked why there are no god bounties,so kano implements it and it is not good lol Ya might as well be playing on the old"deadspace" lol If ya gonna play on a non social network , a small player base is gonna be the result,that has always been the case,just sayin

Birkebeiner likes this.
  6. Birkebeiner

Thanks for the comments. You're right in what you're saying - I posted that the bounties were nice to get, but that there's an unforeseen consequence - that's all really.

George Burd likes this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

there are always unforseens lol