[PC] Game Update: New player protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

New Player Protection will be set on all newly installed players for 3 weeks since installing the game. During this period, attacks received and against enemy players will be limited by your xp attack range. This means you can only attack and be attacked by players near your level. For Pistol whips and Bounties, enemy players must be either less then 2 times your level or greater then half your level.

Players under new player protection will have the freedom to explore and learn the game with similar experienced players. They will not have to worry about getting into unknown features or interactions which could result in taking a beating from more advanced players. Anyone under protection will have the opportunity to opt out if they are familiar with the game before the protection period ends.

A time based approach will give all new players the opportunity to level up at their pace without the use of strict level thresholds which won't scale for each player or be manipulated by other players.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

very nice and good idea, but had assumed a new player would hit open water anyway for a short while

3. Rikki King

Rikki King New Member

.. Is this just for the 30 days ??

If I @ lvl 2500 and have one of my Amarda or crew call for a whip on a lvl 1000 I cant participate ??

I have a close friend who is constantly hunted by thugs over lvl 5000 and she is around lvl 2500.. Will this help her??

I just hope this protection/open water stuff doesnt turn into an initiation to the high seas after the 30 days..

4. smartuko

smartuko New Member

Don't like it. Have people in my armada complaining about being abused by some of these protected players and I am powerless to help them. Another new feature that needs to go.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yes it has turned into something very wrong, the idea was a nice one , good intentions but it is being abused like most things given to people , and 30 days is a long time for someone to wreak havoc , level real fast especially in PC and VC and not have retaliation, I had someone on me for a few days and none of my friends could help, I did solve the problem, but this guy was thinking he had a free ride, and when the ride is over there will be blood, in most cases lol