[PC] Game outage in your favour!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hey Everyone, on behalf of myself and the KANO/APPS team, I want to sincerely apologize for the game disruptions you all have experienced in the past few days. This is an unprecedented situation one we have not seen before but one we are well equipped and prepared to deal with. This is not the norm and certainly not indicative of the type of service we wish to provide players with. Myself and the majority of the KANO/APPS team are in the office today, some of these guys have been working on this problem for the last 36+hrs straight.

To give you a brief overview of the situation, this is a technology problem, it exists in a piece of middleware that we leverage to cache parts of the game for performance. It is an industry standard tool and these types of problems are not unheard of with it. We're working through the problem trying different solutions. There has been a lot of people posting that we should "buy more servers" and the like. This is not the issue, if that were the problem it would be an easy fix and a no brainer! As I get more information I will post in this thread.

Our first priority is to regain stability and performance of the games across the board. Our second priority is to express our gratitude and recognize your patience and loyalty in sticking with us through these issues. Details are still TBD, but rest assured we'll try to make things right. Thank you all.

[Update: 6:30pm PST] We have implemented a limit on the number of lottery tickets you can purchase in a 7-day period to 1000 tickets. Players may lose tickets who've purchased more than 1000+ in the last 7 days and have bought more than 1000 that are still unvalidated. The number of people affected by this change are relatively small and only people on hi5 generally purchase this quantity. The reason for this change is we were seeing problems with high purchase volumes of these lottery tickets.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012