[LCN] Further Syndicate Wars Restrictions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Last week we announced a Syndicate Wars restriction to help with some of the abuse we've seen recently with the feature. Because of player feedback as well as our own investigation, we have added a second restriction. Starting with this season, in order for an attack to be considered a war attack for war points, both parties must be greater then level 300 (Level 100 for Kongregate) and the age of the account needs to be older then 2 weeks.

Again, this restriction is meant to help players who are playing the feature properly, and to deal with some abuse issues. We also appreciate all of the suggestions that were put in the last thread, and we will continue to monitor the feature to see if additional restrictions are necessary.

Update as of April 17, 2013: Today we added punches and Hitlists to the restriction! These restrictions now apply to all War actions :)

2. Bri7591

Bri7591 New Member

Thank you so much for the level restriction!!

3. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

The level restriction really stinks and I glad it didn't exist until now.

I have been having a BLAST playing on the Kongregate platform in war mode and <gasp> was under level 300 for much of the time. If this restriction had been in place, no warring syndicate would have taken me in, and I would have missed out on about two weeks of war mode fun.

Bad move folks!

The level restriction should be MUCH lower on Kong than one Facebook. It is hard enough getting new players to participate on Kong, what is the point of taking the fun out of the game for lower levels? If you MUST restrict it, at least make it a reasonable level, like 100 or 150, but not 300(!).

4. Aceman41287

Aceman41287 Member

its not a bad move its more designed at the FB and MySpace i would imagine especially as i am one of those who paticipates in WM on FB and for the last few weeks been fighting the alts that get created just to enable mre points to be scored. Personally i think this is a great compromise as most of the people i know said put it as the same limit as BA which i think is a better suggestion, but again thanks for introducing the rule Devs :)

5. Wonder Bread

@DD I've moved your post in the previous thread to this one as it was directed at this thread. Also, I'm sorry to hear that the new restriction is inconveniencing you, although I'm sure you can appreciate that the intention is to keep the feature competitive and fun. On a positive note, however, if you've been participating in War mode the last couple of weeks, I'm sure that you don't have much longer to go before you reach level 300.

6. Pranav Sood

Pranav Sood New Member

I am glad u are making an effort in trying to better the w/m
    the 14 day restriction was a good one
    instead of putting in a level restriction just open attacks on all levels . if u join w/m u should be ready for massacre
    u should be able to attack 5 times irrespective of the level a person is
    1 h/l on w/m should not open a window for 24 hrs if u can look into that it would be nice
    and increase the number of punches too
    lastly any syn in w/m and not doing any points for the week should be automatically out for 2 weeks

7. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

@Wonder Bread my other post wasn't moved, it was deleted. Whatever. I didn't think it was that offensive but it would appear that saying anything against the high levels is intolerable on this forum.

And I made it past the ridiculously high threshold of 300 well before this idiotic restriction took effect. If your intent is to kill the Kong platform before it gets off the ground, this is a good way to accomplish that. Kano is pretty much saying that some players have to piddle around for a month before being permitted to have fun in the game.

Yes yes I know, it is possible to level up to 300 in 90 minutes if you want to. It's not how I play. It's not how many players play. Not everyone is obsessed with leveling. Some like to build their character carefully. And some (like me) think the game is only fun in war mode. If this restriction had been in place, no warring syndicate would have taken me in at the level I got in at (well below 300), I would not have had access to the boss drops from the higher levels in that syndicate which helped me build my character, and I most likely would have gotten bored and given up on the Kong platform. I've already given up on the FB because the game gets extremely boring after level 2000.

So please, don't come back with how this is supposed to make the game more competitive and fun. It makes the game LESS fun, not more fun. I can't see expecting new players to have to pay such unreasonably high dues of a sort before having access to the real fun of the game.

If the issue is abandoned warring syndicates with nothing but extremely low-level players, why not address THAT issue instead of punishing new players?

If you want to kill the Kong platform, why not just shut it down outright instead of strangling it this way?

8. Aceman41287

Aceman41287 Member

so DD just cos you are unhappy about the Kong platform the whole game has to suffer?? how about the guys on FB and MS that have spent an absolute fortune?? stop whining about it because lower levels are the ones that make the game hard to play as it is.......

9. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

Not at all.

Since you obviously don't know, I'll inform you that Kano already has different rules in place for the different platforms. For example, there are so few players on Kong that bosses can be shared with anyone - they do not have to be in your mob. Or they allow attacks on the world boss every fifteen minutes instead of every couple of hours.

I had posted a suggestion about what level restrictions might make sense on the Kong platform (more like 150 instead of 300) but it was deleted.

Keep on whining about how the low levels are making the game sooooo hard for you, that is pathetic.

10. Wonder Bread

@DD I apologize for the confusion, but I both moved and merged the post, so it's at the bottom of your post on this thread, as they were done around the same time.

As for how this issue affected Kong, it actually turns out that this change was aimed at MS and FB (as Aceman pointed out) and the lower average levels on Kong weren't taken into account. After looking at the data available on Kong, we will be reducing the restriction to 100, which should still help with the abuse issues, while allowing newer legitimate players the ability to play that feature.

@Aceman + DD I appreciate both of your points of view, however please remember to be civil and respectful here on the forums, both to us and eachother.

11. Mr. Giggles

Mr. Giggles New Member

When is this change supposed to take effect? I was under the assumption it would start with the new war season but it seems the same issues are at hand. Low account levels 1 -150 still in the war this week and being misused still.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  12. Wonder Bread

@Mr. Giggles This change went into effect April 1st, last Monday. Players under Level 300 on Myspace and Facebook (100 on Kongregate) will still be able to be in a War Syndicate, however they won't be able to contribute to war points and other factions won't be able to get points from them. If this doesn't appear to be the case, please let us know. It's also worth mentioning that this restriction currently affects Mob Wars: LCN only.

13. Mr. Giggles

Mr. Giggles New Member

And this is for Mob Wars on MySpace Sorry I left that information out.

I can still punch a level 1-300 and get war points for it, I am over level 2300 so I don't think it's working on MySpace in the way it was intended.

Level 145 Insomniac You just punched in the face Bob Big Time Gingello and dealt 36 damage.

You have earned: +1 WP | +13 XP

Level 105 Tycoon You just punched in the face VENI VIDI VICI and dealt 44 damage.

You have earned: +1 WP | +10 XP

Level 95 Insomniac You just punched in the face soranno and dealt 2 damage.

You have earned: +1 WP | +10 XP

This is what I am talking about.

Also players joining the Syndicates can still get war points soon as they join..I thought there was supposed to be a 2 week waiting period to keep that from being done?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  14. Wonder Bread

@Mr. Giggles Sorry for the confusion. After looking into this more (and back to my post about this) it looks like the only thing that's currently restricted for players under level 300 is attacks. They still get war points for punching and hitlisting (I did say in one of my replies that this wasn't the case, so I apologize for the misinformation.) We will hopefully be adding punching and hitlisting to the restriction for next season, although that will largely depend on whether our developer in charge of that feature recovers from the plague or not.

Also, the two week restriction is only on how long a player has been playing for, not how long they've been in a syndicate. So players who are older than 14 days can attack for war points as soon as they join.

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion about these restrictions. Let me know if there's anything else that isn't clear.

Update: The restriction now applies to all War actions. The OP has now been updated.

15. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Lol when you find a war syndicate of lower levels someone made for that just tell your friends and anyone else in war mode about it. They use it to their advantage so turn the tables and use it to your advantage. Get them before they get you. I seldom do war mode but when I do it's a constant from the time I get online until I sign off out and out assault on any and every war syndicate :)

16. cesare ita gang

cesare ita gang New Member

ok this is good, but I wonder why I can not attach a level in 1000 that makes war mode, I get the message that the user is out of my range, for example, this user is entered in WAR MODE, has a level 1223, but I can not attack him (Cannot fight [removed], they are out of your XP range. ) ...his union has enabled WAR MODE, and no doubt his account is older than 2 weeks... how come I can not attack him? and I find this problem with other users ...

17. Lady Lucifera

Lady Lucifera New Member

many syndicates, enable the war mode, only to help and to take points to war syndicates friends, and then disable the war, so that others can not do points ..... when a syndicate enable war mode should be enabled for the entire season or week, and not that enable and disable the war mode to favor some! I repeat, it would be fair and equitable, that any syndicate that enables the war, you can not disable, if not at the end of the season, in order to make the game fair, and syndicates that are using these points favors, do not cheat

18. Wonder Bread

@cesare If you'd like to report an issue with a specific account, please do so through our Support system, as it's against our Forum Code of Conduct to post other player names or links. I have removed the link and name from your post :)

That being said, I looked at the player you mentioned, and it appears that their syndicate no longer has War mode enable, which is why you're unable to attack them.

19. Jack Bracewell

Jack Bracewell New Member

for any good player on LCN then it only takes 2 days max to get above level 100. so take care on how you start, then what you just said really is not an issue is it. i got to level 79 on the first day on Kong....

20. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

never played on kong

I dont know about Kong, never played on that platform, but for facebook. I agree with the new limits simply becuz 95 percent of the new players are alts and are used to abuse the system. It takes maybe a hour or two at the most to get to level 300 if you take the time to play and you can also build your character along the way also. I'm one of the high levels but I dont play war mode. don't have the time or want to spend the real cash to keep stamina for it and fight. I also agree with the punches and hitlists and I think the restrictions should be applied also to the regular game also. I would suggest five times for hitlists so the system cannot be abused, I've been hitlist over 40 or 50 times in one day before, note I am not complaining about it becuz my bounty was raised high, but also with high levels a lot of low levels use the hitlist to harrasss or cause problems with others or to bully also, if they try to bully me, I bully them back for the 24 hour time limit. usually I then let it go unless they keep coming back at me, then its a slug out until they either quit or ask for a truce.