[VC] February 9th Update - Viking Clan Mobile

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Loren, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Guess I am the Exception

No I dont think this is a big deal in the over all scheme of things. I cannot get bent out of shape because someone knows what my stats are. This is a game character and I did not dash off to my mobile device to see peoples stats. I enjoy the game. But what I enjoy more is watching people dropping to the floor and having a temper tantrum. I believe there are more important things to address and some the recent changes stink. (Guild Wars). I also understand that this all some people have. (Right Lawrence?)

I would rather see them answer some of the concerns raised earlier (Limits on bosses and attacks). And guess what, you can always leave the game. ( Don't leave Lawrence we need your whining)

Have a great day

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Post your suggestion for the separate Vahallas tab in the Ideas Forum so that the community can vote on it and let the devs know that this is something that the players want.

3. Anne Thorg

Anne Thorg New Member

Ok, I have tried out the mobile app and here's my feedback.

It feels to me like you have started with all the wrong things on it. I play VC on my PC at home but can only use my smart phone at work to catch up with things if I need to. I realise not everyone will play like I do but I think many will. If I'm being slapped by an entire guild I can log in on the phone and top up my health so I stand a better chance of making it home alive. If I have a particularly long day I might need to shoot a couple of arrows in a challenge so I'm not wasting the opportunity to grow more once I have 4.

If I have been attacked I need to access the link of the person who is attacking me and attack or slap him / her back. I might want to log-in during a break at work to top up my XP by assisting with a few challenges or adventures. None of these things were ever particularly easy on the phone – my screen isn’t really big enough for a start, but I was able to use it with some difficulty.

The new app makes most of this impossible and the rest of it even more difficult. The inter-activity that would allow me to attack someone who has already attacked me just doesn't exist. I can only attack vikings who appear on my battle list. This is a major problem. There is no access to challenges - this means if I can't get home in time I lose arrow "growing" time. Even if someone who I want to attack or slap does appear on my battle list I have to click into their profile before I can slap them - all this takes way too much time on a mobile network - even a 3G one. I can’t access challenge or adventure lists to help and earn XP that way.

I can't imagine needing the capability to change my inventory, add chieftains or buy FPs on mobile. If I want to do these I can do so at home on the PC. As I say other people might use it differently but it isn’t working for me and the kano.apps version of the game won’t load for me on 3G – it seems to need too much connection power. I need a strong wifi connection before I can load it. I want the old facebook version back please.

4. Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers New Member

Is there any way to NOT use the mobile app. I was happy with the ability to use the whole game not the modified game that is available to my phone now. Every time I try to go to the full version I am redirected to the mobile. I would like the option to use either. Some other sites that I use give me the option.

5. MikeCan

MikeCan Member

there is some mob wars app too?

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Does http://fb.kanogames.com/vikingclan/ work for you?