[PC] Facebook Chat Take Two!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

After a bit of feedback last Friday, we've relaunched the chat on Pirate Clan. The new implementation is a small blue button marked "Chat" that rests in the art for your current location. Clicking on that will widen the screen and pop out the box. From there you can click the "X" to close it or the arrow button to pop the box out and move it around to your liking.

Play around with the new chat box and let us know if you encounter any issues!

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're aware that the Chat may have had the unintended side-effect of messing up the October monthly calendar. The devs are on top of it and it should be fixed soon!

3. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

well, managed to close it FINALLY on pc, but have been getting page freezes since it showed back up. It also showed up on VC and there is no 'x' to close it and no arrow to move it.. have tried reloading several times.

4. Robert Belrose

And if you look in WC for FB VC you will see it isn't a very welcome change- the chat box is too narrow, can't read all the text and can't widen it, but my chat at the top is still working.

5. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

how do we get rid of the side chat????? it's horrible!!!!!

6. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

messing up the calender? it's messing up the game! the game is lagging now and I wonder how this will work out on the phone? we don't need this. please get rid of it.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mitch, I thought this was for "PC ONLY" hasn't hit me in VC yet but I'm hearing a lot of dislike for it, heck read World Chat. This is also freezing my WC have to exit game return to the game and sometimes still won't load.

8. Robert Belrose

'Not Working? Refresh this page.' is now commonplace... when you rolled this out before during Armada wars the game was almost unplayable... getting the same thing in vc.. I'll give it a little while longer then will take another giant-step away from the Kano games... sooner or later I'll be far enough away from the keyboard it won't be worth coming back ;-)

9. Robert Belrose

Looks like Kano did a launch and all went home... again! why don't you screw things up in the morning so people dont have to deal with it as long???

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You are correct, chat was only to be enabled for PC. It is being reverted for other games as we speak and should be fixed shortly.

We will have to follow up tomorrow to see how it got pushed out like that to the rest of the games.

11. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I agree...my whole guild HATES this..it gets in the way ...of our game and our FB guild chat....PLEASE dont make this a forever fixture on VC....

12. Robert Belrose

I fixed mine- right clicked on the chat box, selected 'inspect element', found 'ID=Sidebar' , right clicked that and selected 'delete node'.. have to do it every time the page reloads but worth it to make it go away.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Kendall was the new background in the new changes as well? We in VC still have the black background just like on KANOPLAY, that occurred the same time as the chat box.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The chat should have never been released to VC at it's current state, we will be following up with the devs first thing in the morning to see how this happened.

What was not working was the ability to close, resize, undock, move around, etc. So people that are not interested in chat can have closed. For those that are interested in chatting with Guild members, make a world post, group chat etc they can do that.

Again, we apologize that this was pushed to VC as it was only intended for PC and had not yet been developed for other games fully.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

This is just horrible.

Its taking forever just to get it where wanted.

Its messing up to refusing to close at times..

Literally have to shrink and then widen my screen to move that chat.

its horrid.

please put it back where it was.

it wasnt broken...but it sure is now.

theres not even a way to get rid of that annoying blue box.

16. Robert Belrose

Mine also just showed the left side of the chat- the rest was cut off... the worst part was the page freezing. Now in PC there is no world chat, even when opening a new page, and the chat at the top is gone too- but at least the game is back to being 'playable' and the flash player crashes stopped

17. Robert Belrose

Read up a couple posts (#12)... that is how I closed mine

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

PC Chat.jpg

Are you not seeing the 'X' top right of the box? You can also undock / resize this version and it should remember placement on refresh.

If you can be specific and clear on issues (browser using, details to reproduce, etc) we will get any bugs worked out.

We do make some decisions on lower resolutions to undock the chat if they do not have any preferences set.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Do you not see the World / Armada / Group tabs?

All chat sections should be there we just broke them out into their appropriate sections.

For lower resolutions that do not have enough space on the right to be docked, it will show up undocked at the top. If you choose to close it, it should remember that state on future page refreshes.

20. Robert Belrose

The 'x' and the arrow were missing from mine Kendall... nowhere to be found no matter what I tried. I could not re-size it, couldn't move it, and subsequently couldn't stand it,lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.