[KanoPlay] Chat still doesn't work

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by AlterEgoT, Oct 20, 2013.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

You knew this. You did it anyway. I can't even read if I type something in it. (both FB and KP)

Kano wonders why we are unhappy? Seriously I spent thousands of dollars for you to ignore anything I have to say and spend it on broken chats?

I've been trying to be patient. Checking in to see if things improve. I don't want to quit I enjoy the comraderie. But things like broken chats when you've had tickets submitted. Requesting tickets on impacted play and then only responding with the canned message. These things they send a user over the edge.

I planned on just coming here and asking Hey could you pretty please fix the chat or go back to the one we all liked but I've done that a couple of times already. So this time? I am venting.

Fix it or don't it is certainly your perogative. But how very disappointing that I've defended Kano for years saying oh yes they listen to us, just because we don't get our way doesn't mean they aren't listening. Only to be proven completely mistaken.

Sad sad times for ZS.

2. Eric

Eric Administrator

Sorry to hear you're having problems with chat. What browser type and operating system are you using? Are you not able to see chat messages on all browsers, chrome, firefox ie etc.

3. AlterEgoT

i've sent all that through tickets and forums before.

Window's XP
    Firefox

I can see the window. It does not scroll. Used to at least be able to refresh and see but even that doesn't work with the newest roll out.

Never mind the fact that thing is huge and ugly and generally just in the way and on KP overlaps the other chat that doesn't scroll either.

Seriously how many times do you want us to tell you something is broken?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Unfortunately when things break on the Internet it's sometimes a case by case basis. I'll get the guy working on chat to run a test for Windows XP Firefox users and see what comes up.

Edit: Turns out they were already looking into this issue already. Using Firefox 24 will enable the chat to work perfectly fine, but they're looking into fixing up how the chat interacts with older versions as well.

5. AlterEgoT

Shrug. Maybe it will help out someone else. I'm done. I've worked very hard over the last 1163 days to keep people playing. I've talked people into playing. I've offered hints tricks and whatever I could think of marketing wise. I've offered ideas. I've dutifully reported issues that I've seen. I've spent thousands of dollars. Seriously Mi7ch I know you are new to the group so I don't want to take it out on you. But really. It's a shame. ZS was a huge success. But all it is now is a joke. It is so slanted for those without morals it's pathetic. It promotes trash talk, Thievery, cheating and whining. Somewhere along the way Kano lost it's sense of humor and became more concerned with money and looking big and bad that they forgot where they came from.

The worst part is I really don't want to quit. The stupid game meant a lot to me. Met a lot of great folks and spent a lot of time (on 3 platforms) and if I am this frustrated and disappointed you can bet your sweet behind it's gotten bad. I've spent more time and effort on defending Kano over the years than I have on most things in my life.

And I look now at what it is and say to myself, How pathetic was I?

I guess I'll read a book or do crossword puzzles there is more excitement in both.

But hey if throwing one last snit fit helps someone else be able to use the game that's great.

6. AlterEgoT

ps. good little slayer that I am. I updated ff and the ugly chat will now scroll.

You know a simple answer to my TROUBLE TICKET that upgrading FF would fix it would solve a lot of problems.......................

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is great news! One of the reasons we ask people to write into support is that browser version is sent automagically to help us debug, we had to replicate the issue first with FF 17 to verify that was the issue.

We try our best to follow similar support of browsers that other big internet companies follow which is supporting Major Browsers current and previous versions. Each time a new version is released we support that version and stop supporting the 3rd (or so) most recent version. The big 4 major browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.

That is not to say that the game won't function on older versions or other browsers, but internal tests we can only test on most recent versions. On older versions performance and stability may be impacted as well as security concerns as a whole on the internet. So on FF 17 you were 6 versions back.

Thanks for being being patient with this one and upgrading FF.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. Stephanie Delacroix

Stephanie Delacroix New Member

I agree with you too Alter Ego T, Kano has definitely lost it's charm.

9. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

Mine doesn't have a scroll bar?...weird

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@L1LOne what's your browser/operating system?

11. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I use CometBird , windows 7.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the info! We'll get the chat guy to play around with it.