Changes to the Raid Event Effective October 8

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

My only issue with this bench system is it allows them to continue to join bosses thus stealing a spot from those that can contribute to killing the boss, so in effect they can still damage the overall effectiveness.

not sure how much that matters on fb but on KP2 in ZS it's a bigger deal since they are still quite difficult to kill there.

Love the completed actions, now if you could extend it to a way owners could see when their contributors hit minimums that would be awesome!

Thanks for the updates!!

They have stated that accusing players of violating TOS inhibits their investigations.

The issue with that is someone going down the jobs board might complete 1 attack that perishes a boss because the person before them left them just above death. Hence the 2 deaths. Or they may be unfamiliar with the RB and might not realize they have to heal.

We get used to the fact that we all know the rules but Kano has to keep in mind new folks just click stuff ;)

Valid point. I've seen folks post the same person hourly for PK's until they are dead, never actually punching themselves.

If ambushes are ok, well then so are killing RB's.

And quite frankly, if Kano isn't going to let the things perish, then well, Why bother with the perish function at all? Part of the RB intrigue is it was designed to be shared among your squad, the public sharing has become the why it is such an issue.

I truthfully don't know the answer. I find the full slots when someone can't get it killed cause the wrong folks are on it, more detrimental but I mostly play KP2 ZS and it's a different animal entirely.

Just thinking out the various sides of the argument.

Another valid point.

Quite honestly the owner has to work twice as hard to get their minimums since they use up all their energy getting the key.

But don't they get a guaranteed reward or something? Can't remember, been too long since I paid attention.

Which game do you play on?

That is completely the opposite of what we see in ZS on KP2. The littles level unlimited and the bigs have to use un to do any real damage...................

What would stop someone from opening bosses letting someone do massive damage then kicking them to damage their account? If I may play devils advocate.

My suggestion?

Speed up healing in the game.

won't have to micro manage events. The slayers can use the game itself to retaliate against those who don't help on their boss or who kill the boss off.

And bonus, the game would be moving ;)

But ya know you go to list someone that killed an RB and they are dead til they level again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    Erik Bergstrom and Zoonie like this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Excellent observation :)

AlterEgoT likes this.
  3. judy

judy New Member

How about increasing the rate of superior drops for anyone hitting over 5% over min actions?

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  4. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

That is a very good change. 5 stars

5. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

and I think people who play raids on mobile, be extra careful lol. don't let it perish

6. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I like this new update now if we could get some speed on load times.

7. Don off sorrow

Don off sorrow Active Member

pfft he can wipe 3 , beter is 1 or 2 then boot his arse. but thanks for this. im happy bcs you did it something .

8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

wow. A lot of interesting opinions and game strategies posted.

There is definitely a different game played on KONG LCN than some of your other platforms and versions. We don't have enough people to purposely ruin the RAIDS of others and often times enemies end up on the same RAID and we just complete it. We do get a lot of people who love to do minimum and wait for a certain group of players to do all the work.

I would love to see a few more changes such as Superior drops based on a certain number of actions rather than top in tier. That usually just gets 20-25 people doing minimum and the top 5 battling it out based on tier. Tier 1's I don't really count.

And it would be nice if minimums were raised as 2000 actions for a mid to high level player might only be 6 million damage. You get 25 players only doing 6 million damage, that leaves 350 million damage for 5 players to do if the RAID is going to finish. And there are a lot on KONG LCN who don't care - they do minimum and that is it. And they join 100 RAIDS. There needs to be a change that requires players to actually EARN the reward item and not just ride the coat tails of the big spenders.

And as far as exp per stamina - please increase it! LOL I get such crap that as far as leveling, it is a joke. RAIDS are becoming less and less attractive as it is taking more and more to kill them as fewer players on KONG are doing anything and the more stamina you put into one RAID, the less exp per stamina as the reward exp gets spread thinner and thinner. Doing 50 million on RAID after RAID while 20-25 other people do minimum is getting old for the same reward as they get.

9. Malta

Malta New Member

I disagree with the booting some people request. Although it's annoying to have people that don't do much, it will require way too much micromanagement to go in and check the individual efforts thoroughly. Besides, you could easily kick out someone, who may not do a lot immediately, but is capable of making the difference later on. Or someone like me, who will gladly join to ensure health is kept high on certain bosses. You could of course accuse me of "helping" the non-healers continue doing what they love to do, but when they leave a mess, I nearly always have the Energy to clean it up.

In my eyes, the progress information below the boss is a wonderful addition. It will save a lot of frustration and the boring part of keeping track of progress on every boss, leaving more time to actually focus on the fun part of ensuring they go down.

I think the number of actions required is at a pretty good level, balancing it so the small players also have a good chance of reaching the threshold. Due to the tier divisions, it has often been hard to find reliable helpers at bottom tier, at least for me, and it will be a lot harder if the figure is increased, forcing them to focus on fewer raids.

10. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I cant see any excuse for wiping a raid once, let alone the same one twice.

Its a step in the right direction - but its not gone far enough IMO.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

All that is required is the Min,if an an owner has to count on others to take down their boss,they have no business opening one,IMO and in many others opinions.

12. Kirsten

Yes there needs to be a higher ratio of heal to attacks, since there are a few selfish slackers, and those willing to compensate for them.
    I know who you feel the need to heal for,and you are not doing anyone a favor,most will heal their own damage,and he certainly can, but won't, and those that wind up on a boss he is on are only gonna do the min,cause every time they come back to that boss that FFC is on it is low., so they move on to the other raids they have joined. The raids have been around for close to year if not a year already, if the long time players have not used their skill points wisely by now to be able to attack and heal their own damage,then they are not too bright, but to heal for a high level who refuses because he knows someone will heal it for him,well that is just being co dependent and part of the problem.

13. Kirsten

Totally

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i wiped one once by accident because both myself and another player were attacking it at the same time. i posted an apology in the boss feed, and i got listed for it. i couldn't care less what happens with these, i didn't join any this past round and these aren't a priority for me.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  15. Kirsten

My wish is that they would disappear, but rarely do my wishes come through. :p

DeathMo the Drifter and ady4you like this.
  16. ady4you

ady4you Member

i am agree with you 100%

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

If you are going to stop people killing RAIDs, why not just go the whole hog and get rid of the health bar altogether ? Replace it with an actions button with the ability to buy actions with energy /stamina or even better add a "send flowers to my sweetie pie" button because I'm a pacifist and don't want to break a nail.

18. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

In 2 raids, I was the 4th and 5th person to join. Had no idea campers would be joining but the people that sent me their links are decent mob. Will be over 200M damage in both combined in a few minutes because I am anal and want their bosses to finish. Sucks to be me cuz I only have a bit over min in several others but they were being taken care of and the owners understand why I only have that many attacks in theirs. I really do agree that the level tiers should have more than the normal 2000 actions. Granted yes, I will get 2 Sups outta this but its still douchey of people. I know this rant isn't going to accomplish anything but those who read it and are ones that camp will hopefully see. Coming very close to just going on a listing spree :) I may need to borrow some of your $$ Despised :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  19. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

I will wish right along with you maybe two wishes will get it gone:)

20. Thorgh

Thorgh New Member

Thanks good work :)