[Other] Change it back.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Nov 24, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I would even go as far as to say all those in the top 100 that are inactive should be dropped out of the top 100 in order for those who did actually participate a chance to move up into the top 100 and actually recieve some rewards. Perhaps this would actually promote participation. Just a thought

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

In agreement again. This is a chance I take in joining and being killed before I get any attacks in to try to get a top ranking. In Kano's defense, I believe that there was no limit to try to accommodate players around the world. Now the arena days and start times rotate, so everyone would run into this periodically. If the sole reason why you're joining the arenas is to steal a top ranking with no intention of participating, and you're not satisfied with the free xps you get for simply joining, then you don't have to join them if you will not be able to get at least 100 attacks in to be eligible for a top ranking.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I also agree with Polish and i said just that months ago when the arena started, the inactives should have been pushed back and down the list but it wasn't so, but forcing a player to have to get in at least 100 attacks is a step in the right direction.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Again,who's fault is it if inactives aren't knocked out before the reward tier?

The active players of course.

Don't wanna knock out the inactives,then the inactives deserve the rewards.

Why?Because inactives can't fight back.

The fact that they're not a threat is no excuse for not knocking them out.

And again,less players will join cause of this.

And less players=less stam refills=less $$$$=a ruined feature.

The fact that you got knocked out early though usually means that you deserved it one way or another.

And if inactives just happen to slip through,more power to them.

Since inactives have the greater chance of getting knocked out,they should receive rewards if they slip through.

Not the inactive players faults if they're not considered a threat or are just a unappealing target(high health low kill reward)

Want the inactives not to get in reward tier?Then knock them out...not rocket science.

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We appreciate the discussion that's been going on about this and have proposed a compromise here! (<--Click here for the link!)

6. ben

ben Active Member

i will agree with ... ty much ... and hope more players will join the number is very low at this point on ms pc arena ...

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Agree also the compromise of this is more then fair to both sides actives and inactives. Now just to get rid of that dang search feature but that is for another day and another thread.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Jon I won't dwell on it here,but just for heck of it I'll start a thread on why it needs to stay.

But just to get to the point quickly about why it needs to stay without dwelling is as followed.

Some players are just impossible to knock out unless jumped EARLY on.

Would you want a known rival of yours to make it up the ranks?

I know on FB its slightly harder to tell who's who at first considering all the levels there.

But on myspaces its EASY to tell who's who for the high levels by avatar and kill reward.

SWM was jumped on a few times in the arena and got knocked out.

So we decided to return the favor a few times and knocked out the ones that knocked us out those previous arenas.

Fact is once threats have too much health,game over.

Gotta nip them early.

Likewise our rivals think the same way.

9. polishpimp

So exactly how many stamina refills which equates to dollars does a inactive player generate?

Why would participation decrease? Free XP not enough? Is it possable that some active players dont actually play because they are sick of inactives ranking higher while spending and doing nothing? Maybe if they thought they had a realistic chance of ranking while remaining active they might come back.

The point is not whether or why inactives are or arent attacked...there are reasons for both and players do what they deem best for there game in regards to how its currently set up. The point is what this aspect of the game was suppose to be about and the segment of the player population it was meant to address and reward. It would be interesting to actually see some real numbers in regards to how inactives do in comparison to actives

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If there's less players,then active players have to refill less.

If there's inactives in there,then actives have to refill more to knock out inactives.

Less bodies in arena=less stam refills.

11. polishpimp

OK, So its ok that active players have to spend more on refills while inactives on average rank better than actives while spending nothing? How exactly does that promote activity and the spending of FP on refills? Your advocating to change it back to the way it was right? So basically those who spend more should get less.....wouldnt that be great ad campaign..."SPEND MORE GET LESS", I can see em banging on Kanos door already.....open open open.........

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh btw I went back to check vc where i ranked 88th and was actually able to collect it this time.

Seems it was reverted for last arena.

Inactives are the smart players thats all there is to it.

13. polishpimp

The way the arena is currently set up unless you are amongst the highest levels or are good friends with them.....I would agree that inactivity gives them the best shot (if they dont want to level that is), the point is.....thats not what the arena was supposed to be about, its intent was to give players who like the battle aspect of the games yet had short battle lists a lil extra something to do. Obviously the peace loving basket weaving majority have plenty to do in the games already without worrying about gettting their asses kicked. The fact that the whole peace loving crowd ranks better routinely than those that the update was intended for speaks for itself does it not? The kicker is that the players who this update was intended for get to spend more while receiving less. Oh Waiter....a shaker of salt for my open wounds please?