[Other] Bounty exp

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

sounds good to me :) Polish

2. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Ima focus on the first thing you said for right now, get there exp back easily? Not really lets say a level 2k gets listed, and they manage to last 30 seconds. 30 seconds on the list for a level 2k is fairly good, but lets say that bounty was planned for one to list, and for one to recive, and the person that was trying to recive it was the only one attacking for those 30 seconds. And that reciver is a level 5k for example, i dont know any level 2k that beats a level 5k. So the level 2k healed a couple times, so what about getting back there exp easily?

For my reply to your 2nd thought, i agree with you, i always go for them even if i dont beat them.

ima skip the third

for the 4th i do think that if you are on the list, and get attacked and win that you should get exp. I know that when i go up i sometimes win when players attack me, not much though considering my defense is so low, and i think that is almost like the same as getting attacked by that player while your not on the list, you should recive exp.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

Im not sure about the other games, but for ZS, you run out of XP at 20 attacks, weither its on the hitlist or regular PVP.

My reasoning for still gaining XP when you attack a hitlist is this, It takes away from the attacks that you can get when you carry on a regular fight, The rider is supposed to be losing XP, not the people attacking them. and 2nd, The attacker is spending stamina, Sorry, but that heal button dont take away from your ability to level, seems that you want it to actually be your cash cow TO level.

Take away the XP from attacking HL? sure, what do I care really... but its not for the sake of "fairness" because its already fair. Its because babies quit crying when you give them a piece of candy.

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay you want to change the system lets change the system then if you want experience for staying on the boards you will get it but your only allowed to level one time from the bounty board itself in a days time so your capped from cheating if you cannot deal with it then no one gets experience from it.

And if no one gets experience from a bounty being placed then the person on the bounty board is no longer allowed to have a rivals list either from being placed on the bounty board. So any player that attacks that person that is on the hitlist will no longer have to worry about that person coming back after dying off the board and being retaliated against for 23 hrs.

The issue in dealing with the number 1 is the abuse it will receive from cheats that are already riding the list. And polish you want to know if i can ride the listing yes i can have done it numerous times already highest time i held it for 35 mins. If it was myspace which that game is way easier then the facebook version myself and many others could ride it for days. Most of the myspace players even at your 5k levels wouldn't ride it for even 2 mins i would give you.

5. ben

ben Active Member

i can say yes there are some players that can hold the bounty for hours...i have held it for over 8 hours myself until i got tired and had one of my clan members take me off...

now if anyone attacks me i dont lose no one can win when they hit me and thats on myspace not fb pc ...

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh you don't think I could?

Too bad we have 0 way of knowing if I could hold my own over on FB with my myspace account.

I bet I could hold out at least 2 minutes or longer even considering the fact of the higher levels there on FB.

Gee why not just get rid of the exp from dying? :)

Nah,but the current setup isn't fair at all.

If one party is getting exp then the other should be as well.

Neither party getting exp though seems fairer.

After all all the attackers have a shot at the prize win or lose.

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

The healer will get xp back when they attack those that attacked them. They shouldn't be getting double when the reason they were listed is so they die and lose xp.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And if one player about 1k or 2k levels higher is the only one that attacked?

I believe most of us are focused on that neither party gets the exp.

9. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Then it's better luck next time. You have no real reason for wanting this changed other then YOU want it changed, and why now, huh? I bet it's because you will now benefit from it being changed. I gave you reasons the other day as to why it should stay how it is and the reply you gave was Hey polish and i agree on this and we never agree on anything... So what? That means nothing. The healer will get XP when they attack whoever goes for them. If they don't like that people can get XP when attacking them then they can hit a booby trap.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?8599-Xp-gain-for-hitlisting-wins

So are you saying Fusheng wants it changed just cause???

11. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

He's asking that the healer gets XP from losing attackers, you just said your leaning to no one should get XP for hitlist attacks.

He also didn't start a thread on this and then ask for it to be deleted when it got rated down, to then start the same thread again the following day.

Marks thread and your thread are both sitting on 4.3 from 11 users. Speaks for itself IMO.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It should of been no one gets exp from the start in this case.

Never too late to fix it.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I had that other one deleted for other reasons.

It wasn't cause of the rating it was caused it got derailed.

And remember that rating isn't always a huge factor when Kano judges ideas.

I've seen ideas with a 10 rating rejected and ideas with a low rating approved.

So no it doesn't speak for itself.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  14. ben

ben Active Member

the only way to make it fair is no one gets exp ...

15. Ok i guess i am in agreement on this one but i like the idea of the person up on bounty getting xp, not taking it away from the attacker, why shouldnt the attacker get xp? he attacked and won, conversely why shouldnt the one being listed gain xp from winning an attack? Just throwing my two cents in. Somebody bounty me, im bored

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

There's room for abuse by the listed gaining exp.

If you listed a rival you can't beat..would you want them gaining more exp than when you listed them?

If neither party got exp theres no abuse.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

If I do 40 attacks on someone on the hit list getting no xp, I then can't attack them for 24hrs, yet they can come and attack 40 times and get xp for 20 of those attacks, how is that fair?

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

ZS is setup the most bizzare way.

The other 3 you know isn't like that.

19. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Well, I love it when someone is on the list and heals like mad and I can chain them for endless XP. Hundreds of wins and if the fight is close I don't need to fear retaliation as the healing player is too busy healing. The money isn't that important, it's merely a nice bonus, the tons of XP are more worth it.

Fact is, there are riders. If both sides get XP while on the bounty, there will be abuse. Let's take MS Viking Clan. A Level 4k asks a friend to list him when the big hunters are offline and then waits for the small players to try and take him down, watching the xp trickle in. No one gets xp? I don't think that's fair, either, especially if you have to deal with the Hit-and-Hide type.

I think bounties are meant to make progressing harder for you, not easier. Thus you don't get XP while you get attacked but your attacker potentially gets some. I think the system should stay the way it is and shouldn't punish those trying for the money and winning the battles by not giving any xp for them. Nor should players be rewarded with anything other than bragging rights for riding the list.

To me bounties were designated to make people suffer, let's keep it that way. 1 Star

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So if no rival high levels are on,you think letting friends get exp while you heal on bounty is the way the list was designed?