Boss Damage Changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Don Go Breaking My Heart, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I just went through half (about 450) of my stamina on the highest level boss I have unlocked, and did not go to the hospital. Typically I'm there after using 120-150 stamina. Did something change?

2. did you increase your health????

3. nope, still 10,000. it would have to be a dramatic increase to affect it that much.

4. i see what you mean about the damage change

thats a bit crazy

i just whacked one of my bosses on pirate a few times

thats crazy

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We were reviewing how health factors into the boss calculation and found an "issue" (intentional or not) where players that were increasing health were not be rewarded for it appropriately.

So if you now can do more hits on a boss without healing then you are now properly being rewarded for your increase in health for where you are in the game.

For those that are burning through health, you may want to consider increasing your max health.

We are looking into other areas where health may not be appropriately compensated for and will be tuning this over time.

6. It is a good thing I'm working my way up to 1000 stamina. This "issue" will result in a drastically different approach to the game, especially with it being rolled out so quickly, with no time to factor it into my approach. Fortunately, I am adding more to stamina, but what about others?

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Good point. We will pull this back and do a more gradual release, I found the issue and was like man I need to fix this. I will back it out and introduce more gradually, sometimes I am too anxious for my own good.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think it still needs to be fine tuned when it comes to hitting someones counters, players with extremely high health and defense should never die on a counter

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I will make a separate post with regards to health, it's role in the game and gradual release/update to close some "issues" that have been brought up.

We did try a change in the past where low max health would mean more deaths but a change of that magnitude didn't go over well and was quickly reverted.

What we plan to do is have higher health lead to things like: less frequent heals in boss fights, higher XP based on higher health (XP has always been reduced for those that have low max health).

This was sparked by player input in another thread concerning healths role in Kano Games.

10. thanks for making some adjustments Kendall

11. Ace

Ace Member

As it is now, if your health's a lot higher than the target's, then you can't die on a counter.

12. Are you still rolling this out gradually? I haven't noticed a change, and was wondering if I should still be expecting a change.

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member