Blacksmith Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric Thunderbone, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

These are all the non-gift, non-purchase items a level 300 player can get in Vanaheim.

Adventure:
    Jormungandr - 33/35
    Njord Hook - 25/15
    Njord Ship - 35/25
    Battle Etin - 21/24

Boss:
    Minotaur War Bow - 38/29
    Minotaur Flail - 36/25
    Twin Minotaur Axes - 40/30
    Minotaur Hoof Club - 35/20

Challenge:
    These are used in other recipes.
    Freyja's Sword - 40/30
    Freyja's Armor - 30/40
    Freyja's Follower - 25/25

2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Since the Skyshine Blade's quite a bit stronger than its components, I'm guessing that it will use two non-gifts.
    It could be a 3-item recipe, but I doubt it will use 2 gifts and the level 300 item.

3. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

2 items and a gift

i think you are right about that. i am pretty sure it doesnt have the battle etin in it. something that was said about items not being used in 2 different recipes makes me think that. i am pretty sure it has something to do with the svalinn sun shield. possibly the blazing shield also. this is what i have so far.

svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield X
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ diamonds x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ thors amulet
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ skull dagger x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ viking axes x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ odins mask x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ battle swine x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ pack horse x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ dread necklace x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ savages necklace x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ viking dagger x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ sacred well x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ war dog x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ advent wreath x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ scroll of vanir knowledge x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ stag statue x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ mead horn x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ battle chainmail x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ wolf pelt x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ silver ornament x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ zombie scorpion x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ freyja's tears x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ byggvir ale x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ celtic gorget x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ blessed oil x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ zombie bat x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ northern knot charm x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ north star charm x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ aegir's amulet x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ training sword x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ vanir statue x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ aesir statue x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ champion knives x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ iron workers hammer x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ fishing spears x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ nordic crossle pendant x

svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ harvest transport x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ cloudlands guardian X
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ jormungandr x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ blood decoy x
    svalinn sun shield/ blazing shield/ great fishing net x

svalinn sun shield/ jormungandr x
    svalinn sun shield/ jormungandr/ diamonds x

4. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I was the one who said that about duplicate items.
    One of the 2 or 3 items has to be unlocked when a player reaches level 300. That is what the level requirement signifies. Is there someone below level 300 with access to Vanaheim who can tell us what adventure unlocks at level 300?
    Because Cloudland's Guardian uses the Battle Etin, I am unsure about whether the Skyshine Blade will use the Battle Etin. HOWEVER, this is ONLY because we have not seen duplicate items used. But then, Aegir's Trident was so hard to solve because it did not follow previous expectations. The items used did not make you think "Trident." Another example is in Pirate Clan. Does anyone remember the problems with the Silverspike? Up until then, EVERY Hidden Recipe had used a previous Blacksmith item to craft it. Just because no item has been duplicated yet, that doesn't mean no item WILL be duplicated! We can't rule out an item just because it was used earlier.

Some things we do know:
    When you click on the ??? for the Hidden Recipe, it will tell you a location, a level, and a cost. The cost doesn't help us figure out the ingredients. The location is where all non-gift items used will come from. The level given is the level at which you can first get all the items needed.
    We know all non-gift items will come from Vanaheim. We know that this recipe unlocks at level 300, which points to the Battle Etin.
    We know that every recipes uses at least 2 or 3 items (I have not seen any that use 4 and they all have to use at least 2).
    We have seen that one of those items is not a gift (this may not still be true for these hidden recipes).
    We know that a recipe does not HAVE to use a gift, but it might.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Odinlake

Odinlake Member

Hmm, the ice dart (next recipe) uses two very hard to come by objects (challenges) to create an item that is significantly weaker than the skyshine sword. This leads me to believe the sword is rather like the hellfire chariot. But then the ingredients ought to be something you actually have a lot of. I notice I have about 1700 Minotaur hoof clubs by now. Perhaps a hoard of battle etins equipped with minotaur hoof clubs + a gift is needed to, say, invade the skies and steal the sword?

Of course it could be the recipe requires instead several of a hard to come by object..

Pardon the ramblings, just brain storming.

6. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

ok thats what i thought

you pretty much nailed it compared to what i was thinking. there are so many variations and i am missing a few gifts. it will take a while to go through all the combos even if i have all the item necessary. the recipe the battle etin is used in is unlocked before you even get to level 300 so one of the items may be in nieflheim. i have not gotten very far in neiflheim to check any of those ingredients and i have only checked one combo with most of the gifts. i am thinking there will be some kind of sword or blade involved in the recipe. but like you were saying some of the recipe ingredients have absolutely nothing to do with a weapon like using shields or hammers or junk (yggdrasil root/ alfheim map) to make some sort of a blade. and only the gods know what the calculations will be if there are no gifts involved..... it could use items that are quite higher level than what the level unlock is considering its power/defense.

7. are you around secret ninja?

8. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

weapons for weapons warriors for warriors

i have noticed a trend that you pretty much only use weapon items to make other weapons and you only need warriors to make other warriors. i hope this is true for this recipe because i am not going to use any warriors to try to make this blade.

9. thats about 98 or 99% true.there are a few exceptions but i think its weapons used to make warriors not other way around.

10. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

No, it cannot. It HAS to be accessible to a level 300 player.
    NOTHING unlocked later will be used.

11. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

isnt there the recipe that uses the battle etin that is unlocked at level 200 something and you dont unlock the battle etin until 360 or so? you seem upset. do you know something i dont? lol :D

12. yeah somethin defo wrong with that.

thats yet another error in these new recipes.

13. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Cloudland's Guardian? That the one?
    Perhaps I do know something you don't...I know players like me have been pointing out problems with the brand-new recipes and that is one of them. So Kano is aware, and said it is a bug/problem that they will work on.

14. rrrof711

rrrof711 Member

ok cool. im not trying to be crappy. thanks

15. ianviking

ianviking New Member

Is there a master list anywhere that anyone knows of where we could find what is unlocked at which levels and where? Because I'm thinking that might help a lot

16. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

You mean adventure/purchase/gift unlocks? Not that I know of. But the adventures are easy to discover even if you don't know them. There's so many players that asking if anyone knows what happens at level X often works. Also, so many of those players are interested in finding out the blacksmith recipes, too, so they'll be willing to help.

17. ianviking

ianviking New Member

Okay, thanks. I'm just thinking that if we knew the levels we could save some work, because we know it is all availeable by level 300. I know some of the gifts required higher levels to unlock, am I wrong to think that by level 300 they were all availeable?

18. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Until the Silverspike recipe (Pirate Clan), I didn't even know gifts unlocked!
    And I haven't seen any gifts unlocked for me in the last few hundred levels anyways.

19. Mitsuya

Mitsuya New Member

The Battle Etin is unlocked at level 300. Also, since the Battle Etin is a warrior I do not think it will be used for the Skyshine Blade. There is a possibility that the Mistlord Hammer (atk 47 def 47) level 300 world boss drop or the Thunderstroke Mace (atk 47 def 47) other level 300 world boss drop will be used. Since the Skyshine Blade is stronger than the next hidden recipe it would make since it would use items that are less available.

20. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I didn't even consider the World Boss Drops!
    Cool! That solves the Battle Etin problem.

Hey, Ninja, could you give us some hints?