Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Nov 24, 2012.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

For any of you who play the BA their has been a change made to the game...as of friday in the TGIF newsletter we get every friday is where i found that they changed it...AFTER the BA had already started..Had i known or seen it 2 weeks ago when i signed up for the BA i would NOT have entered....this affects way too many players without a fair thought...Many join , with the knowledge that they cant play right away for whatever reason...and for them to sign on and begin play regardless of their rank at that time (in the reward zone or not) to find that even though they survived long enough to make a reward and begin their fight in BA is and was worthless to them !!! I will not be playing in the BA anymore ...as wont several i know..due to this unfair change...we feel punished because we survived to a reward zone before we could play and when we did play didnt get 100 hits before being killed....and lost all due rewards.....you can have it....this one(me) is done playing BA !!! :mad:

2. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Yes, this sucks. I've had it happened to me a few times in PC as well. If you join and have 3 or more days till the BA starts then it's possible to forget about it and get killed faster due to the new rule. I guess this game is for those who don't have jobs/lives and just sit on here day and night.

This just went into effect , so it had no effect in the Last PC arena.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  3. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Well, i manged to pull rank 9th out, with 22 kills despite my odds being a level 2.8k.

4. LaScepter

Nice i placed in a reward zone as well with 21 hits...but DID NOT receive rewards due to not having 100 hits !!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  5. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

For this next arena it looks like i can make it, but do to some un wanted reasons i will only have a very short time to do the arena.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This just went into effect so had no effect on the last PC arena. For the player that mentioned that it did This is also something players did ask to happen for a long time, so ................... not sure how I feel about it now , myself after giving up asking quite awhile ago and adjusting to the was it was.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  8. jothong

jothong Member

Really?? You think you are entitled to rewards even though you didn't participate??

WOW.

Can't even find time to get in 100 attacks? For the folks that say that they joined late - if you are alive, you could get in 100 hits (no excuse there). If you are already dead, not everyone else's fault you were late joining.

Enjoy the xp you got from signing up and move on.

9. I think its a great rule..Take for instance the next arena I wont get any rewards as the start time is 1am where I am so wont be able to play..but that's the way it is..nothing worse than spending a large amount of time and FP's hitting and killing to see some inactive finish above me..So this for me is a great step to getting more people active in arena.

10. LaScepter

Not sure who your speaking to...:p who didnt partake ... i did...coming out of def stance to only to get 21 hits before i was killed...and NOT getting the reward....If i was in a top 5/10 rank without say 100 hits then yeah i can see not getting the rewards....as that is a major spot on the leaderboard....A major point i would like to make here is ...the change should of been posted as a change on the battle arena page as well....not just included in the TGIF newsletter 2 hrs after it started...I wouldnt of joined 2 weeks ago if i knew i would be punished for not being able to play at the very start of this weeks battle arena...!!!

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Considering this issue was talked to death for along time with no talk of it happening , the change did come as a surprise , for sure, and I understand some being unhappy about no warning in the arena that was taking place . :(

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

There was no warning.

Those that got screwed over should get those rewards since it wasn't mentioned.

This change should of taken effect AFTER this one.

13. ben

ben Active Member

its a bib down fall for battle arena it takes all due fairness to all players out...

what a shame now more players will not join...

14. MEGAWOLF

MEGAWOLF Member

hmmmm........ I don't seen anything wrong with the arena at all.... hahahaha Probably because PARA was #1 and #2 in there LOL

15. MADAXE

MADAXE New Member

The lack of warning might have been a bit off, but i think it's a great idea. I'd go even further. I'd relegate the non-participants even further down with the other non-participants, 'cos it's a pain just missing out on reward places when you've been battling. Everyone knows what time the Arena starts, and you can join in up to the last minute. I always join, and if i don't get the chance to play, hey, i've still got the experience pts. :)

16. Don

Don New Member

This was my first BA I signed up for and my last. I entered the arena the same day battle started to find I was already dead and couldn't participate at all. I thought you actually had to START battles once you joined. Wouldn't that make more sense? Not everyone is available exactly at the start time.

17. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Nope everyone is thrown into the arena at the same time. If you were allowed to join at anytime it would defeat the purpose of the tier system since anyone can wait till the last minute to join to get into that tier of rewards.

18. Don

Don New Member

then why not adjust the tiers to reflect the time you started?

19. Well I, for one, am grateful to Kano for making this change. Having reached the top 3 several times in a couple different arenas, there are, by far, the majority of entrants who don't play at all. And though I do like to take out the competition players before the last 100, it certainly seems fair to me that they receive rewards for being active versus someone who couldn't even bother to play at all.

Nice move, Kano!

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! Gee I wonder why PARA did so well....wonder if there was a noticable lack of any real competition? Perhaps I should throw my hat back in the ring and see if things turn out the same way they have every other time Ive entered....lol. If your gonna brag perhaps you should make sure u have something to brag about?