[ZS] Battle arena compromise

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, Oct 26, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

THIS IS A ZOMBIE SLAYER IDEA
    I'm not sure how the other arena work, but I know how zombie slayer works. If you don't play zombie slayer your input is NOT WANTED, VALUED, OR CONSIDERED.

SLIDER/DEFENSE TIME
    I'm sure all of you guys can agree that since the implementation of the attack slider the battle arenas time has drastically changed. It's no longer a full day of killing and fun. At the end, people who never even signed on are getting top tier achievements because they didn't balance the defense along with this. I know many people have said this will affect defense time too much, but the imbalance is quite obvious and the only way low levels are winning anything is by being inactive, so that argument that you guys have isn't helping much. There are two changes that will balance arena back to the way it was.

Remove the slider - If we revert it back to the way arena was designed, then defense time will be perfectly fine the way it is. I would personally prefer this so we have more time to enjoy the game.

Cut defense time to a third - People who never log on are getting top tier finishes solely due to the fact that their defense time which was meant to protect themselves for a little while stamina regenerated or to keep a powerful opponent away from you for a bit is now lasting longer than arena would if defense time didn't exist.

I'm asking for balance here. If our faction did not work together in arena and we ended up killing each other before inactives then we would've had inactives filling up the top TWO tiers, and also getting second and third place. It is absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been balanced yet.

Also if you're one of those people who think that neither of these changes should happen then you're just as bad as the people who used the saved targets exploit where you could hold enter and attack 30 times per second. Taking advantage of something that was clearly unbalanced due to a hasteful change and refusing balance to be brought back is the same as using a glitch/exploit in the game. It's technically not against the rules, but frowned upon by any real player.

Side note: For anyone claiming that I'm just doing this to win is completely wrong. Me and my faction win every arena and there should be more of challenge. People playing the game and trying to kill us not stalling out for some extra rewards and a rank in defense.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

99.9% agreement, the 0.1% disagreement is that I think it should be this way in all the games ;) 10 stars

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Believe me, I'm sure it's like this for all the games, but it seems as if no zombie slayers players have opposed this so far so i'm trying for at least one app. Hopefully kano will just make it all and be smart. I'm just asking for zombie slayer for the time being though.

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

What about those that DONT have a long Defense time tho?

Yeah its not cool concept that somone can literally do nothing and place higher than somone who's trying.

but cut defense time to a 1/3?

Ive worked very hard to balance the low amount of defense on my account, and armed with the right items, I can still get an hour of defense without totally ruining my attack strength.

No thanks, really that small amount of defense time is essential in the way I play since I dont have a pack of wolves to back me up if im under fire.

Get rid of the slider?

I like the shorter arena time. Just fits in "life" better.

I say, Live, and let live.

Let the folks get a good placement based on thier defense. They cant get it by attacking, and they certainly have to miss out on a bunch of levels by not participating.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i agree eraser, it is what it is and we all have to deal with it on any game.

6. slave

slave Member

no i agree something has to be done
    this past arena i was out, and was unable to play
    so i invoked my defensive stance
    and here is the results

Your Rank is 74!
    During the Battle Arena you gained 0 XP!
    Profile: slave

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 171
    Losses 175

have to say im a little disappointed i was taken out in 346 attacks....oh thats right, those have never been fixed...it was actually closer to 1000 attacks

but luckily instead of fixing that which is a what ? 10 minute fix, we got new chat....

so i was unable to place in the top 5 percent, but i did hit top ten percent and got free un, and without doing a dam thing, which is deplorable

when you have someone telling you that it stinks and they used it, and they benefitted from it, you really need to pay attention

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yeah, but wouldnt it be even MORE interesting if everyone automatically started in Defense?

That, my friends would be more of a challenge.

8. Demonik1

that would suck because as soon as you come out of defense to play you lose 5 mins of dmode right off the bat...screw that unless they did away with the 5 min penalty for the 1st time you come out of it then i say its a great idea

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

I mean, how I would see it done is the toggle swich is just changed defaults. so you would start in defense, unless you chose not to. instead of the other way around.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Interesting LOL, I like it.

11. Demonik1

that would still mess with people...they could have a huge announcement about it and i would still forget to change it haha....i think they should do away with the 5 min penalty if you start in dmode, im sure plenty have had to sacrifice 5 mins cause theyre not able to make it in time for the start and dont want to log in dead 30 mins in

12. polishpimp

Auto start in defense? NoTY! Theres already to many that start in defense why would we need more? Besides....how hard is it to simply enable it?

13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yep, the arena its to easy already, usually it ends in 4hrs, the winners need a little more challenge :)))

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

You have to admit polish. it would be a far different and more complicated game that way. the need for strategy would double.

i think it would. help a lot of high placments with defense alone as only the very. most potent deefense playyers will last beyond the majority.

15. polishpimp

I dont see the additional strategy. It just seem to me that it would be more sitting around waiting for everybody regardless of level. I suppose it could be argued that the additional time would allow some in defense to run out well before the end of the arena, but what good is that if there are still so many players left those same defensive player will be able to fly under the radar long enough to go back into defense....lol. Idk...maybe im missing something here, but it just seems like it would lengthen things and put even more focus on killing the active players first while the inactive players that normally forget to put themselves in defensive stance will go further which means more inactives in the top ranks.

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well without hundreds of sitting duck waiting to die right at the start nobody will immediatly be able to move up in health above the crowd. this could definatly complicate taking out another active player because even a lower level will be able to bruise you up good before you can kill them. and god forbid they kick on defense with 70 mill health left. you won't be laughing at them so hard when you don't have tons of extra health to spare.

even more strategey comes in when the whole first 30 mi.nutez is nothing but identifying targets. looking for low defense stances that might. come out first so you can get a leg up on your compition. labeling targets that are going to get you the best bang for buck and want to take out before abyone else gets a chance. and then the big juixy rewards that you rather juat steal than risk

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  17. polishpimp

I see what your saying but I think it just gives the higher levels even more of an edge. Like u said...There will be more time to identify targets. Somebody like myself would have my entire save list full of primo targets. As soon as they started popping out of defensive stance I could pick em off one by one and my health would be through the roof in no time.

It might also promote even more sniping as all players will be able to identify good targets and many might be waiting on the same ones.

Perhaps my biggest issue with this is still that I think it will hurt active players more in that when the arena first starts thats when most active players get busy. If every inactive player auto starts in defensive stance then those active players will be focused on one another and either be killed off or forced in to Defensive stance , only to be saved and waited on because their health has already been lowered.

I think it just drags out the arena without it having much upside. Active players will have to wait longer and perhaps have to go at some point where they to will become inactive. It almost seem to be a penalty for showing up on time and wanting to play while at the same time it helps out players that show up late. Where does personal responsibility come into play? Everybody has the option of starting in defensive stance....why should the game automatically help those that dont even bother to help themselves?

I get that your just trying to make the arena better by adding more strategy and it may very well do that. I just think it comes at to heavy a price. The whole idea is for players to amass as much health as possible and the beginning of the arena is the best time to do that, especially for the lesser level accounts. When there are more players its easier for them to fly under the radar and amass some health for themselves.

Honestly...I think the simplest and most effective way to do things is just to slow the arena down so active lower levels have a chance to get some levels and amass some health while not being focused on by other actives because everyone is still in defensive stance. A longer arena will also allow more opportunity for the active lesser levels that were forced into defensive stance a chance at going unnoticed as the regenerate their defensive stance. If a lesser level has a chance to build their health up by feasting on inactives that dont start in defensive stance the better chance they have on some larger targets later down the line as those targets come out of defense.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  18. Eraser

Eraser Member

The strongest will always come out on top. the op asked for more of a challenge. id rather more strategy than just more clicks. if your waiting for somones defense or waiting for that health bar to go to red. your still waiting. you just have the joy of clicking a mouse senlessly in one of them

19. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

FINE you want to reduce defense time. Reduce defense time. BUT then you must allow defense to count more in attacks. It's basically useless for us to bother using stamina. Defense should count towards the damage done in some way. Throw the dang non attack/health accounts a bone for a change. Better yet, go back to how it was in the first arena when it was anybody's game and every one of us enjoyed it except for the sore wrists and fingers.

And While we are at it. How about let's fix the Ambush system. As it is there is no reason in this game to bother with a defense stat.

Don't believe me? How did you build your slayer and why bacon?

20. polishpimp

A players defense is taken into account while attacking. the higher ones defense the less damage they take whether the win or lose while attacking