[Other] Arena THMP

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Eraser, Dec 19, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thumps work both ways..knew I said it somewhere in this mess this thread became.

Fact is though(believe whatever ya want)high levels will gain from this,low levels will lose out faster.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Of course they work both ways, I dont see anyone arguing that point. But they would be used completely different dependent on ones situation /level. high levels are not going to waste their thumps on low levels...it would be a total waste. Could they if they wanted to? Sure, but considering "thumps " would be very limited its not as if they are going to kill anymore lower levels than normal. If some high level wants to waste a their "thumps" on a low level....than more power to them, its just that many less thumps I have to worry about when I come across that dumb ass high level player who wasted their "thumps"

You are yet to offer anything as to how this would be more harmful to lower levels . The Big fish already eat the lil fish and there is only so many lil fish available, so how does "thumps " change that?

3. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

In my limited experience, I would venture to say that the proposed "thumps" would be probably saved by those players until a much, much later point in arena (zombie slayer). Even in the last rounds, with the biggest attack multiplier, by not 1, but 2 of the largest players on the game, the max damage dealt was only 3 million. I don't need a screen shot to prove it as you all can go look at the BA results page and cruise through the profiles to check my claim.

Knowing that the max damage is 3mil, and that the typical health for players in the final stages of Arena is well over 1 Billion health, even if you got 15 players dealing 10-15 times that damage.... let's do some math.....

3mil x 15 (suggested damage multiplier) = 45million
    45mil x 4 (acquired thumps) = 180million total damage dealt by 1 player on 1 target to exhaust all 'thumps' gained. (if we are using a 'gain 1 per x amount of hits, and 4 is just a ballpark figure, add or subtract as needed)

180million is in no way going to ruin any 'lower to mid' size player at a later stage of the game. And even if it does, that same player, regardless of his level, is going to get feasted upon by the many other players that have a larger health at that point in the game anyways.

Now, if you were to be doing group attacks, then sure....180mil x 7 (players in a group) = 1.26 Billion Now that is some real damage... but again, this would waste all 7 players 'thumps' that they've accumulated over the course of arena, just for the sake of knocking 1 player down a whole bunch, and at the same time opening up the door for them to receive 15x the damage for those 4 attacks from that same 'high level' player that they fear anyways.... you show me a player, who isn't on his way out of arena due to lack of time or health, who is willing to put up 4 attacks at 15x damage on one of the largest players.....and still claim that he is out to win the thing. We all know that health conservation is one of the golden truths about winning / top 3 spots. Anyone who wants to deal and receive that much damage to 1 player is obviously NOT out to win, but rather setting someone else up for the victory....and so be it. The same exact thing happens now anyways, so why prolong the inevitable?

With the strategy ever evolving in the game anyways, there are going to be those players who 'group' up to take out 1 player as they just don't like him/her. But, a 'thump' function in the earlier rounds just may well solidify a place in the higher rankings for someone who may not otherwise have the health to do so.

I can say that I have seen one top player attack another top player and it required over 1500 attacks (not quite at the end of arena yet, but close) to kill him. If you honestly believe that doing 15x damage (which would be about 15 attacks if my simple math serves me correct) comes anywhere near 1500+ required attacks to kill off a player.....then you are horribly mistaken.

And now lets look at it from the other side.....let's put a top player vs a low/mid level.... and let's say it takes 800 attacks to kill them. Again, 15 as opposed to 800.... i still fail to see the huge benefit this has for anyone, of any level...

What i can see it having a benefit on, is I think where Eraser was going with it from the beginning.....and that is any active player trying to preserve a kill over the not so active snipers. The 'thump' would allow a greater deal of damage to be dealt in 1 hit that could be used to preserve a huge health reward....or maybe they still miss it, but at least the chance was offered.

The argument that snipers do what they do because of low stamina is obsolete, since everyone is offered the chance to set up a character in a way they choose....and those who choose to not put points into stamina to be used in arena are offered the ability to 'refill' their stamina with UN....if they choose to spend UN on other things like weapons/gear/vehicles.....then that is still their choice. Arena is a seperate function of the game and an area that I believe should be looked at when building your character effectively for it. Everyone is capable of 'driving', it just means something different for a player with 500 stamina as opposed to someone with 2000. It don't mean they can't..... it just means they aren't willing to either purchase UN with $, or save the UN to refill. And I believe that those who are willing to 'drive' should be rewarded for doing so.

In the case of this 'thump' it would be a benefit offered to everyone.....and those who 'drive' will get more of them....and I personally believe it's rightfully so. Everyone who has seen me post, knows I think that 'drivers' should be more rewarded as they have either invested $$ or sacrificed character fight attributes in lieu of stamina to set for Arena.....but because those who have not done so also want to limit the rewards of those who have.

I give the idea a 10 since it follows my belief of rewarding those who put the $, UN, time and effort in. It probably needs to be a bit tweaked and not be allowed to grow exponentially, so a single player cannot have 9-10-11 of them at a time, but gaining something like this along the way gives people a new goal and a reward for reaching that goal, and the potential to set themselves up for a greater reward....which I believe is what we all want in the end anyways. Can put this idea down....It's a good one.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

@ Blasphamy, VERY WELL SAID!

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I actually really don't like the idea of starting with thumps. Call me crazy but being able to deal out that much damage at the drop of a hat at the very start would be horrible to the low level/AFK players. I like the idea of getting them every 10k. This would really help the drivers who do all the work in arena secure their kill. As eraser said, 15 attacks is about 2 seconds worth of attacking for the average slayer. It's not going to completely destroy people looking for health. Also, if people want to use a team strategy to gang up you should let them. I will say this though. Never in your life are you going to see 15 slayers waste their thumps on a low level with a bad kill reward. It would be just plain stupid. All of this being said, this is a great idea(without putting in thumps to start with). I realize this could hurt low levels but it could also help them a lot. Unless a higher level is paying some cash, then they aren't putting in a lot of attacks very quickly. The low levels that just consecutively level with their stamina no problem are the ones who are gonna get their first thumps. The lower levels who do very little damage but can put a lot of attacks in can use their thumps to try and get a kill to save themselves rather than the high levels who run out of stamina and can't level. The way is see this is that it encourages people to do more of the work instead of sniping, the low levels get an advantage with this, and the high levels only get an advantage if they pay money. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're paying money for this game shouldn't you be getting an advantage? The low levels aren't fit to win arena in the first place. Their skills lack a lot and arena is just a leveling tool for them. I just passed 1000 last arena, and I still don't expect to win.

6. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Thanks polish, I'm just waiting for all the hate mail to come flooding back.