Arena idea for Pirate clan

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by meandyou, Aug 11, 2012.

1. alka

alka Banned

I like any idea that helps get guys active and give them a fair chance, so it's a 10 from me.

I mentioned this idea ages ago and got no support for it, so hopefully people will sit up and take notice that this is a strong reason why guys don't play Arena.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Face it,once a lower snipes a kill a high level gang will target them if the lower stole one of their kills.

Then you've got 4 or more high levels on 1 little low level?

This is why the search should be restricted to the lower and mid levels per network.

This way the lowers have a better shot.

3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

a higher level going after the power level for sniping a kill does not involve the search feature i agree the best thing would be to get rid of the post on who killed the one being attacked

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh but it "could" involve the search if the lower(not power)level sniped the kill of a high level gang member.

Then the search would be involved.

Even if the name were removed,search would still destroy any shot the lowers got if the highers are allowed to use it.

Removing the name of the killer can only help for so long before a high level gang member attacks and sees all that health with a low kill reward.

Then the search and destroy that low level.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LOl....if some high level team want to waste their time teaming up on a low level then so be it, I hope they do. because the longer they do the further im putting them in my rear view mirror. Honestly....that might be the dumbest strategy ever as low levels make up the majority of players and a high level can take them down by themselves while expending very little health or stamina. That strategy is so dumb.....I think its a great idea to keep the search feature on that reasoning alone....lets weed out the idiots.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. meandyou

meandyou Banned

that is the answer of a player that is active that does not want active players , in the arena , for two reason an active player can respond back at an attacker, by adding bosses into the arena at the start will give the lower levels some game time play, give them a much needed health boast , and may even start being active , active players don't like to fight active players, because of the defense mode, as it can be turned on and off also if there are more active players it cuts down on definite kills , fo the active high level so cutting down thier chance of building up his health, plus players that dont want them can see that the arena will go on longer,and that means they either have to take time out or play for much longer , this cuts down their chances of getting a high finishing position th long the arena goes on the harder it will be to tay alive as you have to sleep some part of the 3 days if it goes that long, so that is the reasn active higher level players dont want them because hey dont want active lower levels with high health too kill

7. polishpimp

ok....so where are u getting all this info about high level gangs going after low levels? I have talked to dozens and dozens of low level participants in the arena and every last one of them have said theyve not experienced anything like this. Your certainly not a low level so its not based on experience, so what gives? Obviously there is zero advantage for multiple high levels to go after a single low level player in a coordinated attack, your just trying to garner low level support based on absolute BS that nobody has ever complained about other than u and Ben who happen to be the highest and 4th highest levels in the game, on top of that....neither of you had all this new found love and concern for the low levels until after your dominance of the arena ended. Any moron can see right through your charade so why not give it a rest.

Btw, youve been asked to not use quotes out of context, quit trying to use my words in ways they were obviously not intended simply because your arguments hold no water.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Didn't use it out of context.
    Kept the one part I wanted to reply to.

9. polishpimp

lol...Are u saying that I dont want more active players? If youve been staying up to date here in the forums you would know that im huge advocate of more active players.

I just dont see the point of adding bosses so lower levels can build their health when the arena already has a vast majority of inactive players they can build their health on with no fear of retaliation.

Making the arena last longer doesn't sound good to me in the slightest....the end rewards already dont merit the stam and time invested, making it last longer would just make that worse. Secondly....like u said....if an arena lasted 3 days players would be forced to sleep.....so basically u could be kicking butt for 24 hrs and then go to bed and wake up dead by some player that had been totally inactive for the first 24 hrs and just arrived at the arena....thanks but no thanks.

If u allow all levels to hit bosses only for designated amount of time...then all the players regardless of level would be boosting their health so it would be a wash. If you only allowed lower levels to hit bosses you would be handicapping the other level ranges....neither sounds good to me.

Players dont like to attack active players? I purposely attack higher level active players pretty much from the start because the object is to win and high level active players pose the biggest threat, inactive players pose zero threat. Im not the highest rated player in MS VC or PC by a long shot but have won the arena in both doing exactly what your saying players dont like to do.

I would much rather there be far more active players, yes there would be some low level players with high health...but the trade off would be that far more inactive players would be killed and less inactive players ranking higher than active players.

A low level with high health is obviously better than a low level with low health and would obviously help them against another low to mid level player but in most cases its not going to help at all against a high level player. the reality is that high level players are usually much more powerful and unless handicapped they will win the majority of the arenas as they should. Obviously handicapping would be unfair and go against what the arena stands for, thats why players need more incentive to be active than just hoping to rank high. Thats why Ive suggested achievements and corresponding rewards. Players will play to get those achievements and all the while they will be gaining experience and confidence that will help them later down the road when they become a higher level and have a much more realistic chance at actually winning

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  10. polishpimp

Apparently you dont know what "using out of context means'? My comment u quoted had zero to do with a gang of high level players going after a low level player

So how about the rest of last comments /questions? What are u basing your info on? What good would multiple high levels going after a low level do?

11. meandyou

meandyou Banned

A low level with high health is obviously better than a low level with low health and would obviously help them against another low to mid level player but in most cases its not going to help at all against a high level player. the reality is that high level players are usually much more powerful and unless handicapped they will win the majority of the arenas as they should. Obviously handicapping would be unfair and go against what the arena stands for, thats why players need more incentive to be active than just hoping to rank high. Thats why Ive suggested achievements and corresponding rewards. Players will play to get those achievements and all the while they will be gaining experience and confidence that will help them later down the road when they become a higher level and have a much more realistic chance at actually winning

now pimp you are real missing the whole point you rabbit on about winning the arena my idea is not about winning the arena , it is about helping lower levels get something out of the arena even if they get a few levels out of it they would have taken part.

your atidude is all about winning , well winning is not every thing because i can see the MySpace version going down the plug hole with the bath water as you have the same ones winning, and they not prepared to help a lower level up the ladder , as we do in the facbook version thats why there are more active players now, the bosses will give the lower levels something out of the arena, other than like the MySpace version were players only enter for the free xp, and then stay inactive that how you want it you can have it like that in your version of the game, thi is an idea for the facbook part of pirate clan not my space or any other arena just the facebook version

12. polishpimp

I beg to differ, While it is very important for me personally to do as well as I can ....my posts on the arena have very little to do with that as I already do Ok in that department. I would also add that most if not all would love to win the arena if they thought they had a realistic chance. In the end the arena is a competition to be the last player standing, it would be nice if more could get something out of it as well and perhaps they can though achievements.

Rather....I too am trying to promote activity in the arena by the low to mid levels as I believe it would behoove levels of all ranges and Kano as well. I just dont think this particular idea of yours does that....in fact I think it would just exaggerate some of the existing problems or bring back some of the ones that Kano has already addressed.

If your "boss" idea is just to try and help out the lower levels then why do they need to join the arena....cant they just attack bosses outside the arena? If everyone is fattening up their health on bosses....wouldnt it just be a wash? If you remember when the arena was new everyone's health was double what it is know and players didnt like it so Kano cut everyones health in half....your idea of allowing everyones to increase their health via bosses would be no different other than it would actually cost players stamina.

As it stands now the formulation that is used to determine ones health vs their kill reward already makes it very difficult to earn back ones health theyve used via the kill reward. Your idea increases ones health without doing nothing about the kill reward....so basically by allowing everyone to fatten up on bosses would only insure that most will never recover the health they lost via the kill reward. So basically once the bosses went away and players actually had to battle real opponents...their health would be in constant decline because the kill rewards would not cover the health expended.

If your talking about limiting these bosses to a certain level range ....then your talking about handicapping the game. The whole premise of the arena was for it to be a free . If u want limits and restrictions....then play the regular game. Like it or not the arena is a competition, obviously its not a competition that everyone that enters has a realistic chance of winning so it would be nice if their was more incentive for these players to actually be active and perhaps benefit from some of the other things the arena offers. This could be done with achievement or some other type of rewards along the way that promote activity. You do not do it by restricting one segment of the players.

A huge issue with the arenas already is inactive players....I just dont see how adding bosses is going to make players active as they can already hit bosses in the regular game. My guess would be that the left over bosses would just be more for the current active players to have to spend stamina on. The arena is all about battling live opponents....not some boss that doesnt retaliate, theres zero strategy in that

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  13. meandyou

meandyou Banned

you are totally missing the piont it is not so a low level can win it is so that lower levels can take part in the arena at the start so they dont get killed off straight away and so they get something out of the arena before they get killed off, the reason a lot dont enter and a lot dont take part is simply they do not get nothing out of the arena , this idea will give them something and experience for wen they get stronger , and they will gain experience on how the arena skill pionts need to be set up, just entering and getting killed off is just like giving a house wife a saw to cut a loaf of bread she not going to like it and not cut the bread , but give her the right knife then she will take part in the sandwich making , it is and idea to get players to take part not to enter and get killed off straight away, and by the way i not bothered if i win the arena or if i am the first one knocked out i enjoy the taking part winning it really means nothing as the devs have evened out the playing field with thier formila making the lower level stronger and the higher levels weaker

14. polishpimp

Lol...no...im not missing the point and nowhere have i implied that your talking about the lower levels winning. I fully understand that you want the lowers to get something out of it. What Im saying is that your idea will not accomplish this and only make it worse than it already is. Ive already explained why so we will just have to agree to disagree as u obviously dont understand what im saying. I think your well intended and im not trashing your idea just to be a jerk...I just think it will make it worse.

15. meandyou

meandyou Banned

ho can you say it going to make it worse wen it not been tested , yet again you asuming wat you personally think is going to happen if the devs decide to give it a try then they will , and if they get bad feed back from the lower levels then it so simple just remove it so how an you conent on something that has not been tried out , it could be like marmite they will either love it or hate it

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I really can't make heads or tails of this idea.
    But what's the problem giving it a shot for 1 or 2 arenas?

17. meandyou

meandyou Banned

fighting in the arena is like fighting a boss, that can fight back , i am just using the term boss, it could also be called undead or wat every you want to call them, and the number i suggested as just an example wn the arena starts instead of having real players , here could be boss lke charterers, put in so lower level can take part in the arena, with the full knowledge of not getting killed straight off, this will give them an arena experience, of wat the fighting can be like ,and they also come out of it with a few levels and they can assess their weakens in the arena, by fighting boss like charicatures of various strengths , it should encourage them to get stronger for the arena and iin the future there will be more active players, ,they way i is know they either enter for the free xp , go in defense mode and do not take part hoping they do not come up on the fight list early, or others simply do not enter it because they do not want to get killed straight off, this idea is for the Facebook version of pirate clan , and only the pirate clan arena

18. polishpimp

I can say that because its my opinion.....just as it is your opinion that u think it will work.

19. polishpimp

his idea is to basically add "undeads" to the arena so players can gain heallth via the "undeads" kill reward without the fear of retaliation. The thing hes not clear about...whether this would be for the low levels only or everyone.

Obviously if its for everyone it would pretty much be a wash as everyone would be adding to their health. If its just for the lowers than it would just be blatantly unfair to everyone else As it would make the lower levels health to kill reward ratio even worse than it already is.

Like I told the guy...I think hes well intended as he wants lower levels to be more active and to actually get something out of the arena. Personally I just dont see the value in replacing inactives with more inactives or giving a segments of the participant more of a n advantage

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Did you notice he said FB arena?
    Why not test it 1 or 2 arenas to see what happens?
    Whats the worse that can possibly happen with this?
    Wouldn't effect us as its suggested for FB not MS.
    But even if it did cross over,whats the big problem?
    I personally could take or leave this idea but giving it a 10 cause of the intention.

*Data overload* *Server crash*