[Other] arena defensive stance

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 16, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

HUH? Apparently u dont know what "free for all" means. Secondly apparently you havent read the arenas "tips/strategies" section. Thirdly ....u dont even understand what Im suggesting because it would not shorten the length of time it would take to re-enable it. Fourthly....like i said previously.....not gonna help a whole lot if someone more powerful is gonna sit on you ...If u are sitting in Dstance it will not be regenerating....u would have to be actively playing for it to regenerate, If someone such as yourself peeps their lil head out from behind their stance ....someone like me is going to be right there to chop it off ;)

2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

this idea can and will help the ACTIVE lower levels get further anyone who does not see that are just being stubborn because they arent winning.

3. ben

ben Active Member

all this will do is bring it more avantage to the higher levelers in the game...

it will not help the lower leveler that much at all...

best to leave it like it is...

4. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

how could it not help ? if the lower levels could use the dstance more often from it regenerating and gain 50 levels in the arena isnt that helping?

5. ben

ben Active Member

the lower levelers to mid levelers has a lot less time than in d stance than the higher levelers do...

so the higher levelers can hit them no matter if there in d stance or not and take them out with no problem...

and the lower levelers would not be able to do that as well to the higher levelers...

so if kano does that it will give the higher levelers a much more avantage over the lowers to mid levelers ...

i sure can see why pimp wants this...

6. ben

ben Active Member

and i really can see why he wanes this --- Another thought would be to allow players to see the health of other players while they are in Defensive stance...

that way he can knock out the low levelers that dont have much left health left faster...

real nice pimp real nice...

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

initially, I thought this sounded like a good idea... but Ben brought up some good points... now I don't think this is a good idea, because it will give higher level players more of an advantage than they already have, and the benefits to lower level players will not even begin to compensate...

8. Okay, if the high level players can take out a lower level player whether they are in defensive mode or not, then it doesn't make any sense that this would benefit the higher level player at all. As Polish stated earlier in this thread, many high level players don't even use their defensive mode at all. Therefore, the ONLY players this would benefit would be the low to mid-level players. Obviously.

But, since you are a puppet for LB these days, I can see why you would echo his opinions.

Jared, think about it again. The high level players don't need this advantage. At least not the ones who have been placing in the top 10 for the last several arenas. This truly is a benefit for the lower to mid-level active players. And, as Polish said, that is what he is in two of the other apps. He's looking at this from all sides. If your account could regenerate and observe, as Polish has proposed, wouldn't that give you a much better chance of lasting longer? Polish and I don't need those abilities. From a purely selfish standpoint, I would rate this a one, but I'm following Polish's example and thinking of the big picture.

9. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

well said Jillian but im just guessing that Ben and LB are wanting to use it for themselves

10. polishpimp

So Im guessing the medication they have you on must be uber strong? How could earning additional Dstance possibly not help every last active player regardless of level?

In addition...most of the arenas Ive been in most the highest levels get knocked out fairly quickly by other high levels....so i really dont see much need for the remaining players to even use Dstance...heck...I rarely use what I already have. So with only a few high levels left after the first hour or 2 of the arena (or mere minutes sometimes ;)) ....who do they go after? They go after the players with the best kill reward to health ratio and leave the crappy ones until the end when damage and xp is increased. With an update as ive suggested here the remaining "ACTIVE" low to mid level players will have an improved chance to last longer and increase there health thus making their kill reward to health ratio even less attractive practically guaranteeing a better ranking and potentially more levels and rewards if played even partially intelligently.

The thing u seem to missing or purposely omitting is that this rewards active players....It does not reward players sitting around doing nothing. If someone want to sit around and waste all their Dstance doing absolutely nothing and become a sitting duck thats fine by me, but the players who are out there mixing it up and supporting the arenas and Kano deserve a chance to perform better than the ones that dont....the current system does not allow for it. If a low level player is active in the arena there chance of performing better than an inactive player are between slim and none and thats simply not acceptable. Are u against players actually earning their rewards are u cool with just leaving it up to dumb luck?

11. polishpimp

LMAO....the fact that lower levels on average (there are exceptions) have less Dstance is exactly why this update would help them as long as they were active. Maybe u as a high level sits there all day and goes after low levels in the early stages and that might very well explain your lack luster performance. Why on earth would a low level go after a high level other than once to check there stats? If they do then they should probably just be put down because nothing will help them. What kind of moron is going to take down a low level while in dstance unless it in the very last stages of the arena? Ive heard some extremely dumb strategies in my life but that about tops it considering all one has to do is save them and wait till the come out of Dstance

12. polishpimp

Wouldnt do me any good...Im rarely in defensive stance in PC or VC because of my higher levels but as a low level in both ZS and MW this would be very advantageous as I could see an opponents numbers while in Dstance (not attack), which would allow me the opportunity to come out of Dstance and potentially snipe a kill and gain some health in an effort to extend my game. Dont forget....as long as someone was in Dstance and looking for potential targets they would be losing Dstance not regenerating it. This update would not guarantee nothing...it would still need to be used very wisely or it could backfire, its just an additional option that would at least give "ACTIVE" lower levels a shot at moving up the ranks

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I can see why beneficial to both high lvl and low lvl, but 1?, A low lvl that is getting pounded on they go into def stance gives that high lvl more exp, so inevitable death but yet the high lvl get's more exp.. Concept is good but needs to be tweaked I think if 'ACTIVE' lower lvl needs something.. Not sure what, but just something to ponder.. Not voting cause can see both sides..

14. polishpimp

To this point a lower levels only chance at any type of success in an arena is to either be completely inactive or have friends in high places, this update gives the active lesser levels a better chance. Not much in it for the high levels as they really dont need it and knock most the high levels out early.

Nothing Ben/JDG said even made sense as it pertained to this idea...could you please be more specific as to what he said that made sense?

15. polishpimp

As a high level (not the highest or even close) Ive won every MS VC arena ive entered and have won or been top 3 in most MS PC arenas. To this point nothing about this update would have benefited me in anyway. Where as it would have been huge for me in ZS and MW where my accounts are much much lower

16. polishpimp

in reply to JJs comment

ahhhhh...the voice of reason...lol. I no your not fond of of the idea because u think it will make the arena last longer ...so i really appreciate your support and seeing it for what it really is. TY!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp in the first arena it DID show someones health while you were in D stance.

Too many didn't like it and it was changed to where it didn't show.

I for one am glad the numbers and the health bar dont show on opponents if you're in D stance.

While I did that in the first arena(cant remember 2nd)it really was a problem that got fixed.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

K get reasoning I meant for me as FB VC only

19. polishpimp

Personally..I just feel that ACTIVE players regardless of level should have more opportunity to rank higher than those players who are inactive. All though its not a strategy I would use on a regular basis...remaining inactive is a legitimate strategy and unfortunately pretty much the only chance of any real success by lower leveled players. In the end ...its the active player that keeps these games afloat either by dedicating their time and or money.

How many players early in the arena have been out looking for a target that works for them by hitting players on their fight list just once....only to have one of them turn on them and open fire? Yes...u can go into Dstance but what does that really do for you? If u are under fire by a determined high level player than they can simply power through your Dstance and actually be rewarded with higher XP and still get the kill reward. The alternative is that you sit in Dstance with no chance of improving your health and the attacking player simply saves you and waits out your Dstance and kills you once you run out of it. Either way your screwed and another active player bites the dust as every inactive player moves up the ranks.....something that just seems silly to me.

Yes....even with this update the same thing could happen but it gives a player a bit more of a chance to hang in there long enough to increase their health enough to make them an unattractive target with a large health to kill reward ratio. An unattractive Health to kill reward ratio is a players best defense, as a player who regularly scores the most kills I leave players with unattractive ratios until last.

Most lower levels will find that they cant take a target down without using more health than they will gain via the kill reward....they are basically forced to try and snipe kills, what happens when they snipe a kill? They are soon to follow and Dstance does pretty much nothing for them. With this update a player who is being attacked despite being Dstance could still look for a snipe kill and prolong their health....the longer they stay alive despite being attacked the more opportunity they will have that something might go in their favor....like someone coming along and attcking/killing the player that was attacking them.

Im not asking for a players Dstance to be increased more than what they start the arena with...just that what they have used would regenerate while they were playing actively. It could regenerate at the same rate it regenerates once you used it all. I just dont see any big advantage for higher levels players as they already have built in advantages that are much better than what Im suggesting and the simply play a different way as there sheer strength allows them to play in a completely diff way than the masses

20. ben

ben Active Member

but you no kano must be fair to all players and i think you leave that part out ...

so kano must be fair to the inactive players ...

its up to each player in how they want to play there game and it should stay that way...