[Other] arena defensive stance

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Sep 16, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of complaints that lower levels really dont have much chance of doing well in the arena...especially if they are active, at the same time there are many that dont like the fact that so many inactives end up ranking highly, basically the way its currently set up actually promotes inactivity among the lower levels. The difficulty here is fairness....we dont want to handicap the higher levels but we still want to promote lower level activity by allowing them a legitimate shot based on sound strategy and the effort they put into it

Currently a player receives a particular amount of time in defensive stance based on their skill point allocation. The problem with defensive stance though is that it doesnt regenerate until you wait a predetermined amount of time after one has expended all their initial defensive stance. Basically this does not allow for a whole lot of strategy as the player is a sitting duck once their defense runs out and all a rival needs to do is save the other player and then sit on them.

From my experience as a low level active player in the arena Ive found that sniping kills is essential but at the same time its pretty much a death sentence. But as long as Im active, play smart and have defensive stance I can prolong my time in the arena with a lil luck. What I dont like is that if I start with 30 minutes of D stance it doesnt regenerates until after ive used it all. My suggestion would be that D stance continues to regenerate while not in use thus rewarding players for being out there mixing it up and staying alive. This allows for way more strategy regardless of ones level.

So if i normally have to wait an hour for my Defensive stance to regenerate once Ive used it all....I dont see why it wouldnt regenerate after the same amount of time while i still have some left and am active. If a player has 5 minutes of D stance left but manages to stay alive while not in it their Dstance it should regenerate after a certain amount of time. Thus promoting activity and strategy.

As an example....Player (A) has 1 hour of stance...they are actively playing and eventually a more powerful player starts to attack so they go into D stance , after 50 minutes they come out and begin playing actively again for 5 hrs, once again they begin to be attacked so they go into D stance again but they only have 10 minutes left(5 minutes after the penalty). If one uses all there D stance it takes about an hour or so to regenerate it. why wouldnt it do the same while u were active? If a player only has 10 minutes of stance but r out there mixing it up activly then the stance should regenerate over the same amount of time

Another thought would be to allow players to see the health of other players while they are in Defensive stance so they can actually decide whether its worth the risk to come out and snipe a kill and extend their game. There would still be risk as a one would not know whether the player with low health was in Defensive stance or not. Currently if u are low on health all defensive stance does is prolong the inevitable. Would be nice if a player had a better shot and coming back from near death if they are willing to put some effort in to it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

this sounds like a very fair way of doing the Dstance .....i give it a 10

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I have to give it a 1.

Talk about trying to tailor the arena to suit one.

4. polishpimp

Tailor? to which one ? I play all 4 arenas on MS and a couple on FB which range from the lowest to the highest of levels and all are diff kinds of builds. If Im trying to Tailor the game for one type of account wouldnt I be screwing another?

Odd that u dont like this idea as u pretend to give a crap about the lower levels....this idea would help make them more competitive while also promoting activity through rewarding it.

No worries...Everyone knows that u disagree me with just to disagree because your a hater.....I can live with that.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

This idea is for a high level that hasn't much defense for their level therefore has a shorter than normal D stance time.

This idea is tailored for active high levels playing.

No way would this help the lower levels.

6. ben

ben Active Member

i dont see where it would help the low levelers to mid levelers at all...

if ones def is low then i say they need to work on it...

7. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

Hmmm biggest problem with defense for low levels is a high enough level player can still beat u down in it, MW last night, my level there is quite a bit lower then PC, i went into Dstance and guy kept pounding me, i was going down just not as fast. Guess he figured he would wait me out. He stopped attacking, but could have taken me out. Although i agree if you come out of Dstance with time left, it should start re-generating Totally disagree with seeing someones health while in Dstance THE WINGMAN

8. polishpimp

This has nothing to do with low defense...... its all about allowing a lil more strategy which would allow active players a better chance. My Defense in MSPC is lousy and Ive got zero problems week in and week out.

Being a high level with uber high defense obviously doensnt insure success as some in this thread very well know due to their poor showings in the arenas. The numbers mean nothing if u dont know how to use them.

I dont need an extra edge....I have performed as well if not better than anyone that participates in arenas with a multitude of diff levels and builds. The current system actually promotes and rewards inactivity which in return makes it boring and unattractive to potential participants. Differing types of strategy would make it much more interesting

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well it still won't help low and mid levels.

10. I give it a 2................

11. polishpimp

It would easily be the most helpful thing for the active low to mid levels in the arena to this point. As of now they have almost no chance. With an update such as this it would greatly increase there chances of more success amongst active players if used properly.

Like you have said numerous times before...why not just try it out...if it doesnt work...no harm no foul and it can simply be eliminated. Guess your not all about making the game a better place for all afterall...eh? Surprise surprise....lol

12. Oh barf!!! I didn't want to respond to this thread, just rate it, but you just are so obviously determined to be negative just for the sake of negativity, I have to respond.

Polish's idea is OBVIOUSLY tailored to assist lower level players FAR MORE that the upper level players. I actually don't really like the idea because I feel it would prolong an already boring arena, BUT it is a good idea to promote and give the lower levels a better chance at advancing just to be fair to them. If I were self-serving, as many are, I would rate this a one, but I will follow Polish's example and say I think Kano should give his ideas a try and see how they affect the arena play.

In order for this to benefit a high level player as much or more than a lower level player, that high level player would have to have low defense AND low health. Comparable to what the low level player would have. Since that is NOT the case with Polish, any accusations of him being self-serving would just be sour grapes.

So which is it..........are you the champion of the lower level players in the arena (as you proclaim to be) or are you just out for yourself (as I believe you are)?

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's obviously tailored to help a high level with little defense therefore short D stance time.

Disguise it all you want.

14. polishpimp

my PC account has almost no Defense.....and Ive done better than anyone in myspace PC....what do i need help for? In fact, MS PC and VC arenas are so boring due to the lack of competition I enjoy playing my lower accounts much more as its much more of a challenge. You have already proven that being a high level with high defense dont mean squat unless u know how to use it....so your opinion really dont mean anything to me. You should actually be embarrassed that you perform so badly. I just dont see you as being a very good judge of what might or might not work as u cant even get your own account to perform.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp,I won't say what I really want to,but I KNEW IT.

Anyways,it don't matter how good of a judge you are,it's just impossible to hold off a gang attack from multi high level accounts.

But that issue is dead(at least ATM it is)so whatever.

16. polishpimp

Impossible? Myself and others have done it, then ya quit. Like I said earlier....PC n VC arenas r boring due to a lack of competition. I honestly wish that u could get your act together and come whoop my ass and make it interesting. Unlike you I dont mind losing now and then as it tends to keep me sharp, I like a challenge.

U "knew it" ...eh? Dont pretend u know me...my grandchildren could school you!

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

My strategy with defensive stance- burn it.

I mean what is the point in hanging on to 30 minutes of defensive stance if the person that had the hots for you is dead? I just click enable and disable until the dang-o thing is gone, and im regenerating so the next time i need it I have the full hour 1:16:30 that my account is lucky enough to have with 924 in armed defense items.

but at this, I am not a lower level, and I am not nearly at as much risk.... that 30 minutes of defensive stance would more likley need to be used if you are a lower level in the time that its regenerating, So i see polish point of how it would be more beneficial to lower levels to be able to regenerate and have Defense ready.

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Interesting....very very interesting.

But why should the arena change anymore?

It's a working system for high level gangs that can carry lowers and mid levels with them to the top.

Even IF this went through,it's pointless since the high level gangs will still dominate and all this suggestion does is prolong the inevitable.

It's a 1 simply because it's a pointless suggestion.

It's not like lowers and mids(with this change)will rank any higher.

All it does is prolong them from a low rank.

Does 0 to help them.

Doesn't accomplish much at all except a longer time to rank lower.

Now for a higher level with this,this will allow them to basically stay in D stance seemingly forever with maybe a brief time out of it.

Let's give the high levels even MORE of a edge.

Search staying just wasn't enough was it?

More I'm reading this over and over and over again the more it's obvious that it's tailored to help the high level gangs.

It can get masked in many ways,but it's clearly designed to help the high level gangs.

19. polishpimp

Love how u dismiss things simply "because"....u never actually offer any reasoning or sound logic....its just "because"....lol

Once again ....this idea is to help reward active players for actually playing. Yes....as I previously stated Im sure it would help players of all levels if they actually used it properly, but it would certainly help more low to mid levels than anyone else for two reasons, 1....there are more low to mid level players , 2....Most high level players wouldnt need to rely on it.

Do I think an update like this would help a low rated player win the arena? No. What I do think is that in the hands of the right "ACTIVE" player who is willing to dedicate the time and stamina .....it will give them potentially a much better chance at ranking and/or acquiring more levels simply because they will be lasting longer.

Yes....we all know that u want/say inactive players to do better than actives, buy we also all know that your full of crap and u say that simply because you dont fare well in the arena.

Once again.....My higher level accounts dont need the help now do they? In VC and PC Ive literally only used Defensive stance a couple of time ....Once in the first arena when under fire from Benny boy ((which did no good anyway) and the others ...just to screw around or see how much time I had. Maybe one day I will actually have more use for it and would certainly be glad if it was there to use if need be. Now on the other hand my lower level accounts would benefit greatly from an update such as this....would I be winning the arena? Nope. But I guarantee I would be going much further on average....regardless of whether higher levels are or are not taking advantage of this update

Why would this update help my lower accounts? Because I play them actively in the arenas. Would this update help inactive players? Not in the slightest. Would it be good thing for players and Kano alike if more players were active in the arena? Yes. Should active players have more of a legitimate shot at ranking higher ? Yes....they are ones dedicating the time and stamina that supports these apps. Would an update such as this guarantee success? Nope...far from it....all it does it give active players a better shot if played correctly and things fall into place for them, all other variables would still apply. If some high level player gets focused on a low level and wants to blast through their D stance then obviously this update would not help them in that instance

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The right "ACTIVE"players being those part of the dominate gang.

Yes that would help them and only them rank higher.

Does nothing for the ones that play a true "free for all".

But hey I can defo take full advantage of that in VC with my already high D stance time therefore shorter time to enable it again.